My Hair Transplant in Turkey

G

geraldmiller

Iron
I had an FUE hair transplant in Turkey 10 months ago and I thought I'd share my result. I am happy with it. I want to let everyone know it is possible to get a good outcome for a good price if you're smart about it. There's really no need to do it in the US/Europe.

The trick is to go to Turkey and find a surgeon who does the incisions/implantations himself MANUALLY. Most botched results are from Turkish clinics where inexperienced technicians do the work and the doctor checks up every now and then.

I would recommend checking out these doctors/clinics: Dr Kaan (my doctor), Dr. Demirsoy (cheapest option), HLC clinic.

Befores:
Old2thumb86dde69f65654827d556ea64c2d08c69

IMG 7729thumb5cb4338a36d47a56b0171f81657a3427

10 Month Result:

FAQ:

How old are you?

28 (almost 29)

How many grafts?

2200 FUE

How much?

2 Euro per graft (total 4400 Euro)

Are you on medication (finasteride)?

No, I had side effects so I stopped. My loss is quite gradual and controlled, so I'm willing to take the risk of the no medication route, even it means getting another transplant or two down the road.

Attachments

• old2.thumb.png.86dde69f65654827d556ea64c2d08c69.png
    old2.thumb.png.86dde69f65654827d556ea64c2d08c69.png
    225.2 KB · Views: 81
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: fobos, karbo, 195cm and 16 others
You’re looking great, buddy!

• +1
Reactions: geraldmiller
Did you also have thinning or just receding?

Can you grow it out long/medium long if you want to? Everytime I see ht result its always a short hair style.

damnnn talk about ascending

• +1
Reactions: toptearmm and geraldmiller
Any other things to consider when choosing a HT doc?

How many total grafts have you got to work with before they "run out"?

nice bro, 4k isn't as much as I imagined.

How long do these last?

Last edited:
look a productive post

INSULT HIM BUDDYBOYOS

THROW HIM IN THE PIT WITH RONALD EAD

• +1
Reactions: tryingtofindsolution and geraldmiller
Any other things to consider when choosing a HT doc?

How many total grafts have you got to work with before they "run out"?

Make sure they have a lot of before and afters they can show you. All the legit clinics have plenty of these on their websites. Also check hair transplant forums (not sure if I can link here). It's a buyer's market right now - because of the Internet, the best docs are rising to the top.

I have around 4-5K left. According to my doctor I have an above average donor region.

• +1
Reactions: Wannabe6ft2
I might get this done with a better hairline design. Something like this.

• +1
Reactions: RAITEIII
Wow dude that's so amazing I'm happy for you man, it looks great. Thanks for sharing your results. You look a lot better imo and younger. Do people treat you differently now? What did your friends and family say?

• +1
Reactions: geraldmiller, RAITEIII and Wannabe6ft2
Mirin bruv.

• +1
Make sure they have a lot of before and afters they can show you. All the legit clinics have plenty of these on their websites. Also check hair transplant forums (not sure if I can link here). It's a buyer's market right now - because of the Internet, the best docs are rising to the top.

I have around 4-5K left. According to my doctor I have an above average donor region.
Thanks. If you could link the forums that'd be great (It's allowed).

What are your thoughts on unshaven FUE and getting a transplant done in South Korea?

Wow dude that's so amazing I'm happy for you man, it looks great. Thanks for sharing your results. You look a lot better imo and younger. Do people treat you differently now? What did your friends and family say?

Thanks bro. The biggest change has been a massive spike in self confidence for me. I was wasting tons of mental energy thinking about my hair every day. This has in turn lead to an upward spiral for me in terms of friendships/relationships/work etc. Do people treat me better because I look better now? You betcha. But I would say it's important to do these things for yourself first and foremost. After all, you're the one looking at yourself in the mirror every day.

• +1
Reactions: Rasputin, FromEE and Dogs
Thanks bro. The biggest change has been a massive spike in self confidence for me. I was wasting tons of mental energy thinking about my hair every day. This has in turn lead to an upward spiral for me in terms of friendships/relationships/work etc. Do people treat me better because I look better now? You betcha. But I would say it's important to do these things for yourself first and foremost. After all, you're the one looking at yourself in the mirror every day.
For me looksmaxing is about that halo that you get to your life from looking good. Sure I'm probably on the side of being too pessimistic about my current situation and that leads to being worse off than I would otherwise, but I know for a fact getting a hair transplant would give me a halo in my life, not even including the help it would give me mentally, that would be immediately noticable.

Thanks again for posting your results, they're really truly amazing.

How long were you on fin for before you started experiencing side effects. I've been on it for a few months now.

• +1
Reactions: Mateusz74
Congrats on your good results. I personally would not even get a hair cut in Turkey.

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Heirio, Rasputin, geraldmiller and 3 others
Insane lifefuel. Thanks bro.

• +1
Did you get jaw implants as well?

• +1
Reactions: Dogs and Wannabe6ft2
How long were you on fin for before you started experiencing side effects. I've been on it for a few months now.

The sides slowly crept up on me over the course of a year. Suddenly found myself getting more emotional over stupid stuff and sex quality dropped. I also overthink things a lot, so could all be mental who knows. If it’s working for you keep at it.

• +1
Reactions: Dogs
Did you get jaw implants as well?

Nope, dropped body fat and learned how to mew properly. Also lucky genetics with my gonial angle tbh.

I might get zygo implants with Dr E. or fillers in future to top things off though. What do you guys think?
Thanks. If you could link the forums that'd be great (It's allowed).

What are your thoughts on unshaven FUE and getting a transplant done in South Korea?

The best forum for HT is https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com. Tons of user reports about clinics and docs around the world. Unshaven FUE will give you the same result as a shaved FUE if you have a good surgeon - it just costs more.

South Korea has decent clinics, but keep in mind they are focused on Asian hair (it is quite different to Caucasian hair in terms of follicle diameter and density). So it depends on your ethnicity.
nice bro, 4k isn't as much as I imagined.

How long do these last?

Because transplanted hair is taken from the back and sides (regions which are not susceptible to DHT), it theoretically should last forever. The danger, however, is that the hair behind the transplanted hair will still continue to fall out at its natural rate. So you need to either be on a DHT blocker like finasteride or be willing to do another transplant or two down the road. Looking at the men in your family should give you a good indication of where you're headed in terms of hair loss.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Wannabe6ft2
I might get this done with a better hairline design. Something like this.

Legit, if I were to go for a 2nd transplant (pretty likely), I will get the same kind of design. It would be a smaller procedure of around 1,000-1,500 grafts which slightly lowers the hairline and strengthens temporal points on the sides. The good thing about transplants is you can do them in stages like this to ensure an end result with good density.

Last edited:
Couldn't you have an unshaven FUE - Especially in your case since he doesn't look to have strengthen any 'thinning' areas and just added new hairs where there were none at all?

Couldn't you have an unshaven FUE - Especially in your case since he doesn't look to have strengthen any 'thinning' areas and just added new hairs where there were none at all?

Yes, but it would have cost around 1,000 more Euros. Doctors charge more for unshaven FUE per graft because it is more labor intensive. Otherwise I totally would have done it.

Awesome results dude! Congrats, you ascended!!

• +1
Congrats on your good results. I personally would not even get a hair cut in Turkey.
Turks do this so often I would trust them more than western doctors

• +1
Reactions: TsarTsar444