My jawsurgery specifics

Acromegaly_Chad

Acromegaly_Chad

Offical Surgery Consultant
I need a bimaxillary counter clockwise rotational advancement with 5mm of horizontal advancement, 2mm anterior impaction and 3mm of posterior downgrafting with 4 fixation plates, 2 on each side.
On top of that I need some iliac crest bone graft onto my upper maxillary arch to achieve 3mm of additional projection above the dentoalveaolar arch of the maxilla and enhance my midface.

I would also like to get a counterclockwise advancement of my mandible with a bilateral sagittal split osteotomy and 9mm of total advancement, do a high split cut and not the lower cut as described by Dr Obwegeser.

Don't forget to include a harmonious upsing of the nose tip to give me a hyperesthetic hyper ante face as described by Dr Sailer.

On top of that I would like to get a side wing osteotomy with the cut starting 4mm behind the nervus mentalis and following the course of the nervus alveolaris inferior while leaving a gap of around 3mm for safety reasons. Increase my bigonial width by 7mm bilaterally resulting in a total increase of intergonial distance by 1.4cm to achieve a more harmonius ratio to the interzygomatic distance.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: bossman, Deleted member 4430, JimmyDreamsOfZygos and 1 other person
Are you german?

2mm impaction + 3mm posterior=5mm total CCW , how much CCW in degree do you think 5mm will achieve ?

Also for the BSSO cut its hard to choose what u want cuz it's the surgeon that will do what he is more comfortable with

• +1
Reactions: JimmyDreamsOfZygos
Also JFL if surgeon accept to do all that lol

• +1
Reactions: JimmyDreamsOfZygos
nice blogpost