My Lexapro induced weight gain has made me realize bodyfat levels are 90% genetic

disillusioned

disillusioned

Kraken
Like I said some time ago, I'm basically quitting this forum and nearly all social media in general for that matter, but recent developments regarding my weight have pissed me off enough that I felt inclined to make a thread about it.

I've been scrawny my entire life, being a text book example of an ectomorph. All through my 20s and even early 30s, I ate what I wanted and got drunk all the time, yet I never truly got fat and also found it easy to lose weight. People would even outright call me skinny.

However, about 6 months ago I began taking the antidepressant Lexapro. I began with the smallest dose (5mg) and then later 10mg. Over the next several months, for the first time in my life I got fat. Like actually legit fat. People even started saying I got fatter.

I figured maybe I was eating more junk so I cut back on that. But then I increased my dose again to 15mg. Well guess what? Despite eating considerably less junkfood I'M STILL GETTING FATTER AGAIN.

Apparently, this is a know side-effect of antidepressants like lexapro.

"Lexapro may cause weight gain because it blocks the serotonin transporter, which increases levels of serotonin in the brain, but also increases appetite and decreases metabolism."

"But..but...but muh calories in and calories out...:soy:"

Coping

SlowCage

JUST LIKE YOUR MUSCULARITY IS DETERMINED BY YOUR HORMONES (TESTOSTERONE), YOUR FAT LEVELS ARE ALSO DETERMINED BY YOUR METABOLISM. YOUR BODY COMPOSITION IS EQUALLY AS GENETIC AS YOUR FACE. YOUR CAN'T CHANGE YOUR BIOLOGICAL DESTINY WITHOUT SURGERY AND/OR DRUGS.

Just fucking lol at the braindead fitness community and normie faggots for thinking this bullshit calorie concept or diet means fucking shit. Like everything else in life, it's all just genetics.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: vermillioncorefan, BeanletMogger, deadmanwalking and 2 others
Like I said some time ago, I'm basically quitting this forum and nearly all social media in general for that matter, but
Getting pass out drunk everyday isn't a better alternative dude

Getting pass out drunk everyday isn't a better alternative dude
I stopped drinking like six months ago because I'm not allowed to drink whilst taking this drug. Yet it didn't do anything to prevent my weight gain. I unironically can see where all the fat people are coming from now when they complain they can't lose weight despite watching what they eat.

• +1
Reactions: the BULL
What a retard

• +1
Reactions: Xtra and slavicpsycho
Cat Mood GIF

• +1
Reactions: vermillioncorefan
Yeah I've always thought this hence was always somewhat sympathetic to overweight girls whereas normie males shamed fat girls in school only to end up overweight 5-10 years later themselves due to eating like pigs since they weren't endomorphic as teens

The "I have big bones and slow metabolism" shtick is actually true in a decent amount of cases but any man cursed with this must starve himself to a reasonable bodyfat level to gain my respect

Brb getting a girlfriend and putting lexapro in her meals

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: vermillioncorefan, the BULL and disillusioned
Thanks for putting "increase appetite" in bold text retard.

• +1
Reactions: thebeast0503
Thanks for putting "increase appetite" in bold text retard.
You don't need to consume more to suffer the effects of slow metabolism. I'm actually consuming less soda (and no alcochol) than previously. But keep on denying science if you want.

Genes > Everything.

• +1
Reactions: WeiWei
tldr; op is subhuman

Like I said some time ago, I'm basically quitting this forum and nearly all social media in general for that matter, but recent developments regarding my weight have pissed me off enough that I felt inclined to make a thread about it.

I've been scrawny my entire life, being a text book example of an ectomorph. All through my 20s and even early 30s, I ate what I wanted and got drunk all the time, yet I never truly got fat and also found it easy to lose weight. People would even outright call me skinny.

However, about 6 months ago I began taking the antidepressant Lexapro. I began with the smallest dose (5mg) and then later 10mg. Over the next several months, for the first time in my life I got fat. Like actually legit fat. People even started saying I got fatter.

I figured maybe I was eating more junk so I cut back on that. But then I increased my dose again to 15mg. Well guess what? Despite eating considerably less junkfood I'M STILL GETTING FATTER AGAIN.

"Lexapro may cause weight gain because it blocks the serotonin transporter, which increases levels of serotonin in the brain, but also increases appetite and decreases metabolism."

View attachment 2779746

View attachment 2779754

JUST LIKE YOUR MUSCULARITY IS DETERMINED BY YOUR HORMONES (TESTOSTERONE), YOUR FAT LEVELS ARE ALSO DETERMINED BY YOUR METABOLISM. YOUR BODY COMPOSITION IS EQUALLY AS GENETIC AS YOUR FACE. YOUR CAN'T CHANGE YOUR BIOLOGICAL DESTINY WITHOUT SURGERY AND/OR DRUGS.

Just fucking lol at the braindead fitness community and normie faggots for thinking this bullshit calorie concept or diet means fucking shit. Like everything else in life, it's all just genetics.
As a gymcel, I weigh most of what I eat on a kitchen scale and log my macros in Excel. I suggest you do the same. Even if you cut out "junk food", if your appetite increased while on the drug, you're going to consume more calories.

If that doesn't work because Lexapro is fucking up your metabolism, quit taking Lexapro. You are feeling depressed likely because of whatever shit life situation you are in. Not because of some chemical imbalance in your brain. I'd rather not be fat and depressed than be fat on Lexapro and still depressed. I mean you're still depressed right? Does that drug even do fuck all for your depression?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: dopaminebeyondfried and TsarTsar444
check your thyroid levels

View attachment 2779746

View attachment 2779754

Cope fatty

As a gymcel, I weigh most of what I eat on a kitchen scale and log my macros in Excel. I suggest you do the same. Even if you cut out "junk food", if your appetite increased while on the drug, you're going to consume more calories.

If that doesn't work because Lexapro is fucking up your metabolism, quit taking Lexapro. You are feeling depressed likely because of whatever shit life situation you are in. Not because of some chemical imbalance in your brain. I'd rather not be fat and depressed than be fat on Lexapro and still depressed. I mean you're still depressed right? Does that drug even do fuck all for your depression?
yep this post is fucking braindead
You don't know shit. If you took medication you would be fat.

You don't know shit. If you took medication you would be fat.
Have you taken meds before Bull?
If that shit really does fuck with your metabolism, its definitely not worth taking. Because its not going to cure you of depression anyways. OP is depressed because his life situation sucks. Same reason why we are depressed. No amount of meds or therapy is gonna change that. At least when I look in the mirror I don't see a double chinned fat rotter subhuman anymore. Going to the gym and losing weight made me feel better about myself. And I got some female validation from that in the past. Including recently coming off a 3 month relationship. Gymcelling is a much better investment than meds. Hell any cope except for like maybe meth or something would be better than meds or therapy. Playing video games and jacking off to pr0n would be preferable to taking meds.

Last edited:
It increases your appetite plus mildly lowers metabolism which leads to weight gain long term. In human population according to all studies done on metabolism, the bigest variation ranges from 150 kcal +/- which means 2 people on the extreme ends of this spectrum would have 1700 and 2000 caloric maintainance, but for the big majority of people the variation is less then 100 calories. Something that antidepressants do is draw a lot of water weight as well