My muscle recovery is SHIT

PKing_

PKing_

Death to all the foids
I'm a regular gym goer for the time being and I've recognised that the recovery of MAINLY my upper chest is ass. I get uncontrollable pains not only there but in several joints. I eat about 2k - 2.2k calories a day and around 160grams of protein. Can someone help?

Whats your height and weight? How many times a week do you train chest? Whats your chest routine, sets and reps? How’s your sleep?

Omega 3, hot showers, sauna, do cardio with upper chest engagement, train upper chest more(2x per week) and till muscle hypertrophy to optimize growth.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: qsep, PKing_ and piec
Whats your height and weight? How many times a week do you train chest? Whats your chest routine, sets and reps? How’s your sleep?
175cm tall around like 80kg ish i work out chest 1-2 times a week: incline, flat, flies and dips nd sleep for around 9 hours

Weight?
Edit: Ok, I see. Just endure the pain, I guess.

175cm tall around like 80kg ish i work out chest 1-2 times a week: incline, flat, flies and dips nd sleep for around 9 hours
If you aren’t recovering, drop the volume. You can probably stop doing dips completely.

I'm a regular gym goer for the time being and I've recognised that the recovery of MAINLY my upper chest is ass. I get uncontrollable pains not only there but in several joints. I eat about 2k - 2.2k calories a day and around 160grams of protein. Can someone help?
yeah change up your amount of sets. too much work for one muscle group really isn't effective when it comes to long-term growth. there's no need to have a goal of trying to get really sore for more gains. that's not true unless you're on peds. bcaas and higher hormone levels make recovery faster if you're getting enough sleep. ice baths and excessive use of pain relievers lower inflammation but blunt the acute muscle inflammation response for hypertrophy, use those for injuries.

just know that faster healing does not necessarily mean faster muscle gains.