My Surgeon's Proposed Jaw Surgery Plans (w/ Pics). Wdyt?

B

baruch

Iron
I recently did a consultation with an orthognathic surgeon. I would like to hear what you guys think of the proposed plan. Perhaps this can be useful to the rest of the forum.

First, here is how I look currently: (I did not take this photo with a neutral head angle so I rotated it. Maybe a bit too much)
InkedInkedEE040C11 D34F 40F2 82FD B98C987BEC73 LI

Here is the 2d imaging of how I would look after the proposed changes. Note this is only a morph the surgeon did:
Inked4F3DE4DB 7040 4AA8 A48E 7EFB3AB118B1 LI

The proposed movements are:
10 mm forward upper jaw
10 mm forward lower jaw
1 mm down incision
3 mm down and 5 mm forward chin

For those of you familiar with the morphing software here are the movements exactly:
4F3DE4DB 7040 4AA8 A48E 7EFB3AB118B1

What do you think? Is this a reasonable plan? Are these movements too drastic?

Tagging a few users I would like to especially hear from:
@RealSurgerymax
@DatGuyYouLike
@Copemaxxing
@Darkwill
@SirGey
@Tyrionlannistercel
@Good_Little_Goy
@MentalistKebab
@medialcanthuscel
@AleksVs
@Morpheus
@Kingkellz
@Hopelessmofoker
@Lorsss
@Gaia262
@SkinjobCatastrophe
@MaxillaIsEverything
@Y2J97
@aut0phobic

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: tyronelite, chaddyboi66, fernandobrocolli and 9 others
This change is insignificant imo if you don't have bite issues

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: ifyouwannabemylover and Deleted member 10709
I recently did a consultation with an orthognathic surgeon. I would like to hear what you guys think of the proposed plan. Perhaps this can be useful to the rest of the forum.

First, here is how I look currently: (I did not take this photo with a neutral head angle so I rotated it. Maybe a bit too much)
View attachment 956076

Here is the 2d imaging of how I would look after the proposed changes. Note this is only a morph the surgeon did:
View attachment 956078

10 mm forward upper jaw
10 mm forward lower jaw
1 mm down incision

For those of you familiar with the morphing software here are the movements exactly:
View attachment 956085

@RealSurgerymax
@DatGuyYouLike
@Copemaxxing
@Darkwill
@SirGey
@Tyrionlannistercel
@Good_Little_Goy
@MentalistKebab
@medialcanthuscel
@AleksVs
@Morpheus
@Kingkellz
@Hopelessmofoker
@Lorsss
@Gaia262
@SkinjobCatastrophe
@MaxillaIsEverything
@Y2J97
@aut0phobic
don't listen to mansnothot, this simulation makes your side profile, especially your mouth area, much better

• +1
Reactions: homo_faber, Deleted member 5818, aphelios and 6 others
  • +1
Reactions: aphelios, ifyouwannabemylover and baruch
don't listen to mansnothot, this simulation makes your side profile, especially your mouth area, much better
Well, do you think that change will make him get more women?

View attachment 956076

View attachment 956078

10 mm forward upper jaw
10 mm forward lower jaw
1 mm down incision

View attachment 956085

@RealSurgerymax
@DatGuyYouLike
@Copemaxxing
@Darkwill
@SirGey
@Tyrionlannistercel
@Good_Little_Goy
@MentalistKebab
@medialcanthuscel
@AleksVs
@Morpheus
@Kingkellz
@Hopelessmofoker
@Lorsss
@Gaia262
@SkinjobCatastrophe
@MaxillaIsEverything
@Y2J97
@aut0phobic

10mm forward maxilla sounds insane. You sure that's correct?

• +1
Reactions: aphelios, oatmeal, Deleted member 8080 and 2 others
10mm forward maxilla sounds insane. You sure that's correct?
Yes lol.

He says that the end goal is that my incisor is in line with the aesthetic line (draw a line straight down from the glabella). That’s why he thinks it should be 10 mm forward.

Is it too aggressive?

• +1
Reactions: Copemaxxing
Very good intentions if he really can do those movements,your whole lowerthird lips smile etc would look better by a lot

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5818 and baruch
Yes lol. That is the part I’m not sure about.

He says that the end goal is that my incisor is in line with the aesthetic line (draw a line straight down from the glabella). That’s why he thinks it should be 10 mm forward.

Doesn't seem right , you may end up with a chimp face / dog face

@aut0phobic is a high IQ guy who will know the answer to this.

• +1
Reactions: oatmeal and baruch
10 mm Lefort. It is sad seeing people living your dreams

• +1
Reactions: baruch
Wouldnt that step-off between the chin and the mandibular border look weird?

Also I don't like how the nose becomes upturned, it looks feminine, but you still look better in the morph ofc.

Who is your surgeon? Will the surgery cost be covered or you pay out of your own pocket? If so how much?

• +1
Reactions: bysontallou
Doesn't seem right , you may end up with a chimp face / dog face

@aut0phobic is a high IQ guy who will know the answer to this.
very very aggressive lol

@baruch can you provide an xray with no overlay please? I'm wondering if he can get away with such an agressive movement because of the angle of your teeth.

I would be inclined to say that 10mm puts you at high risk for a chimp-like profile afterwards. Can you clarify whether or not you're getting any rotation?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: aphelios and baruch
10 mm lefort 1? bro you'll end up a chimp wtf

• +1
Reactions: aphelios
very very aggressive lol

@baruch can you provide an xray with no overlay please? I'm wondering if he can get away with such an agressive movement because of the angle of your teeth.

I would be inclined to say that 10mm puts you at high risk for a chimp-like profile afterwards. Can you clarify whether or not you're getting any rotation?
Would this photo work?
You can also zoom into the morph and you can see my incisors in the before (the upper has the number 68 and lower 75)
He said he would give me at most 2 degrees of rotation and which way we could discuss further if I decide to go through with it in a later consult.

Another thing curious thing he said was that brachyfacial (which I am) is an outdated orthodontics term.

Attachments

• 5CD4DCFC-3AAB-4963-BA1F-03BAC2385030.jpeg
    5CD4DCFC-3AAB-4963-BA1F-03BAC2385030.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
Would this photo work?

He said he would give me at most 2 degrees of rotation and which way we could discuss further if I decide to go through with it in a later consult.

Another thing curious thing he said was that brachyfacial (which I am) is an outdated orthodontics term.
Regarding the x-ray:

I see why he's choosing to do linear advancements. You are not a candidate for large amounts of CW or CCW rotation.

Regarding the 10mm advancement:

You need to express these concerns with your surgeon. If he cannot justify them, then be wary.

Soft tissue changes don't occur in a 1:1 ratio with bone, especially for lower third procedures. That being said, 10mm is still very large for someone with your starting point.

I'm going to defer to someone far more qualified than myself @Sergio-OMS

• +1
Reactions: aphelios, Gaia262, oatmeal and 1 other person
The side profile in the after looks really good but I'm curious as to what kind of relationship the end result of your jaws would have with your upper midface. Have you talked with your surgeon about that? Is your upper midface recessed? Because we've had a few users here have their jaw and mouth area end up looking substantially better and the side profile look great but yet on the whole they look arguably worse because of the uncanny look and lack of harmony.

• +1
@aut0phobic @Gaia262 ty for your comments!
As far as the chimp concerns, here is a result by my surgeon with 10 mm advance. What do you think of these

A06D7957 B06D 4B54 B5A7 70A403EC983A

18876976 FD58 4F9D 822D 54482396D404

Also @aut0phobic why am I not a good candidate for rotation?

As far as the chimp concerns, here is a result by my surgeon with 10 mm advance. What do you think of these

View attachment 970101
View attachment 970100

Tbh that morph resembles like a 5mm maxilla advancement.

10mm is insane its more for people with class 3.
@Sergio-OMS thoughts?

Last edited:
  • +1

Tbh that morph resembles like a 5mm maxilla advancement.
Soft tissue changes don't occur in a 1:1 ratio with bone, especially for lower third procedures.

The reason why I feel like you wouldn't be a good candidate for CCW is bc your occlusal plane is relatively flat already

• +1
Are you even that recessed? That seems odd 10mm is pretty extreme maxillary recession. But yeah when I drew the line from glabella it seems like you were off by about that much. The Coceancig line would require even more movement by like a mm or two since he makes the line at the tip of your nose bone.

edit: were you lying down when they took that photo? It almost looks like you are looking down...

Last edited:
  • +1
Are you even that recessed? That seems odd 10mm is pretty extreme maxillary recession. But yeah when I drew the line from glabella it seems like you were off by about that much. The Coceancig line would require even more movement by like a mm or two since he makes the line at the tip of your nose bone.

edit: were you lying down when they took that photo? It almost looks like you are looking down...
I am not lying down :lul:. I did tilt the photo because my head was not at neutral

Just keep in mind a 10mm maxillary advancement is going to have a HUGE impact on your nose from the front. It will be much wider

• +1

View attachment 956076

View attachment 956078

10 mm forward upper jaw
10 mm forward lower jaw
1 mm down incision

View attachment 956085

@RealSurgerymax
@DatGuyYouLike
@Copemaxxing
@Darkwill
@SirGey
@Tyrionlannistercel
@Good_Little_Goy
@MentalistKebab
@medialcanthuscel
@AleksVs
@Morpheus