Myopia Reversal

D

Deleted member 9919

Bronze
I was wondering if anyone has tried this with success? Reversing myopia to get rid of glasses. I timestamped the link.

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Hero of the Imperium, St. Wristcel and 1 other person
seems like cope but I want it to be real

I have myopia in one eye rip

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 9919
seems like cope but I want it to be real

According to the video, there's a forum out there where people do this and are having success. I tried getting glasses from Zenni (like the guy suggested in the video) but I couldn't figure out what to input for sphere and something else. It took me a while to figure out the other figures. Since I lack this info, I'm not sure if I can correctly perform the process he outlined. :confused:

• Woah
Reactions: St. Wristcel
According to the video, there's a forum out there where people do this and are having success. I tried getting glasses from Zenni (like the guy suggested in the video) but I couldn't figure out what to input for sphere and something else. It took me a while to figure out the other figures. Since I lack this info, I'm not sure if I can correctly perform the process he outlined. :confused:
Dang sounds promising. Good luck bro.

• +1
So I'm hoping someone might be able to help me figure this out to test to see if it really works. If it works, no need for laser eye surgery to burn off those yummy retinas.

So far, this is what I've figured out...

Your eye prescription typically looks something like this (this one is my current prescription):

OD Right
SPH: -4.00
CYL: -0.75
Axis: 90
ADD: 0.00

OS Left
SPH: -5.00
CYL: -0.25
Axis: 155

PD: 61 (pupillary distance?)

(Made a mistake regarding sphere in my last post.) Anyway, this like tells you what each item means: https://www.selectspecs.com/ca/info/help-with-prescription/

Sphere is the easy one to adjust. For myopia, just decrease the sphere value and you'll start getting the blurriness. But over time, the guy says that if you keep up with the reading exercises, you'll need glasses with a lower sphere value. So you might decrease the sphere value to -3.50 on the right and match on the left. Or maybe decrease only the left to -4.00 to match the right before going lower. He didn't go into those details so I don't really know what to do there.

I also don't know if we're supposed to adjust the other values. Cylinder (CYL) and axis is all about the shape of your eye. So some people's eyes (such as mine) aren't round like a sphere. It's kinda squished. Maybe because of my recessed and lowered maxilla? I dunno... so much guesswork here.

The Snellen Eye Chart

Snellen_chart.png

The numbers 1-11 refers to the line you're reading. So line 1 has the largest letter (E). The other numbers is the visual acuity value. So if you can read up to line 8 with full clarity at a distance of 20 feet at the same distance that a normal person can read at 20 feet. So if you can only read line 4, that means you can see at 20 feet what a normal person can see at 50 feet away.

The Method

The method teaches that you should bring your face as close to the reading material as possible up to the point where you can read the letters and words clearly without glasses. Then slowly move it away until it is slightly out of focus. This is the distance that you should read from now on. If the letters are too out of focus, then you're too far away from the reading material. Bring it closer again. As you read, you to sort of bring the reading material in and then out of focus ever so slightly. When I tried it, it feels like I'm in a rocking chair. It doesn't have to be often - just every few minutes. You're supposed to do this several hours a day. So if you're studying, then that's pretty easy to achieve. It works with computer monitors too so if you're working, an easy few hours. As your eyesight improves, you need to wear the glasses with lowered sphere values to keep/maintain the changes.

Personal Experience

So far, I've found that reading the computer monitor isn't so great. It kinda strains the eyes a lot more than if I were reading a physical book or something. I've also found that I can't just be reading the text - I have to try to focus on the clarity of the letters/words. Not sure how to explain it but as you read, the letters kinda go in and out of focus on their own. It's almost as if my eyes are trying to adjust between the blurry vision part and the ok vision part. I've found that I need to sort of concentrate to keep things in focus. It makes for slower reading.

That's all I've been able to figure out. Hope someone might have more to add.

• +1
Reactions: Hero of the Imperium and Deleted member 6403
The method teaches that you should bring your face as close to the reading material as possible up to the point where you can read the letters and words clearly without glasses. Then slowly move it away until it is slightly out of focus. This is the distance that you should read from now on. If the letters are too out of focus, then you're too far away from the reading material. Bring it closer again. As you read, you to sort of bring the reading material in and then out of focus ever so slightly. When I tried it, it feels like I'm in a rocking chair. It doesn't have to be often - just every few minutes. You're supposed to do this several hours a day. So if you're studying, then that's pretty easy to achieve. It works with computer monitors too so if you're working, an easy few hours. As your eyesight improves, you need to wear the glasses with lowered sphere values to keep/maintain the changes.
Also works when you just walk in the city and alternate between looking at objects that are near and far away. After spending a week in the nature without computer screens my vision reversed almost completely. The muscles in my eyes had DOMS for several consecutive days. Once I returned home and started using screens 8+ hours a day, my sight began deteriorating quickly again, though taking some time to train the eyes each day has been keeping the regression at manageable levels.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Deleted member 5385 and Hero of the Imperium
afaik, according to the literature it's a lack of light reaching the eyes during childhood that causes myopia (not a lack of gazing into the distance as I previously thought) and exposure to light when you're already myopic apparently has no affect.

aka your best bet is probably to get lasik and be done with it.

unless you can link me studies proving that these exercises actually do anything other than maybe temporarily improve vision, I'll treat it like mewing aka it's useless in adulthood.

Last edited:
Also works when you just walk in the city and alternate between looking at objects that are near and far away. After spending a week in the nature without computer screens my vision reversed almost completely. The muscles in my eyes had DOMS for several consecutive days. Once I returned home and started using screens 8+ hours a day, my sight began deteriorating quickly again, though taking some time to train the eyes each day has been keeping the regression at manageable levels.

That's it?? 1 week?? Wait, how bad was your myopia to begin with though? The computer thing is my problem as well. I don't have a choice when that's all I stare at for work. :(

afaik, according to the literature it's a lack of light reaching the eyes during childhood that causes myopia (not a lack of gazing into the distance as I previously thought) and exposure to light when you're already myopic apparently has no affect.

aka your best bet is probably to get lasik and be done with it.

Do you have the sources handy or bookmarked somewhere?

So I'm hoping someone might be able to help me figure this out to test to see if it really works. If it works, no need for laser eye surgery to burn off those yummy retinas.

So far, this is what I've figured out...

Your eye prescription typically looks something like this (this one is my current prescription):

OD Right
SPH: -4.00
CYL: -0.75
Axis: 90

OS Left
SPH: -5.00
CYL: -0.25
Axis: 155

PD: 61 (pupillary distance?)

(Made a mistake regarding sphere in my last post.) Anyway, this like tells you what each item means: https://www.selectspecs.com/ca/info/help-with-prescription/

Sphere is the easy one to adjust. For myopia, just decrease the sphere value and you'll start getting the blurriness. But over time, the guy says that if you keep up with the reading exercises, you'll need glasses with a lower sphere value. So you might decrease the sphere value to -3.50 on the right and match on the left. Or maybe decrease only the left to -4.00 to match the right before going lower. He didn't go into those details so I don't really know what to do there.

I also don't know if we're supposed to adjust the other values. Cylinder (CYL) and axis is all about the shape of your eye. So some people's eyes (such as mine) aren't round like a sphere. It's kinda squished. Maybe because of my recessed and lowered maxilla? I dunno... so much guesswork here.

The Snellen Eye Chart

Snellen_chart.png

The numbers 1-11 refers to the line you're reading. So line 1 has the largest letter (E). The other numbers is the visual acuity value. So if you can read up to line 8 with full clarity at a distance of 20 feet at the same distance that a normal person can read at 20 feet. So if you can only read line 4, that means you can see at 20 feet what a normal person can see at 50 feet away.

The Method

Personal Experience

So far, I've found that reading the computer monitor isn't so great. It kinda strains the eyes a lot more than if I were reading a physical book or something. I've also found that I can't just be reading the text - I have to try to focus on the clarity of the letters/words. Not sure how to explain it but as you read, the letters kinda go in and out of focus on their own. It's almost as if my eyes are trying to adjust between the blurry vision part and the ok vision part. I've found that I need to sort of concentrate to keep things in focus. It makes for slower reading.

That's all I've been able to figure out. Hope someone might have more to add.
im 20/50 in one eye tbh

Do you have the sources handy or bookmarked somewhere?

tl;dr = sunlight exposure during childhood releases dopamine in your eyes which prevents the elongation that's responsible for myopia

they've invented eyedrops that have shown to be effective at reproducing that same effect, but only works in kids. as does exposure to light.

kids in australia have significantly lower rates of myopia due to outdoor activities being popular compared to say east asian countries, and apparently it's really just the light that makes the difference, not gazing into the distance. but that's just what I've read.

here's another study:

also this guy summed it up well here:

Last edited:
I've known about EndMyopia for a couple years but never been able to try it as I am looking at books and screens constantly. I don't think it's cope at all but it takes a lot of effort, time, and money.

Also myopia elongates the eye by a couple mm's (The worse the Myopia, the more the eye elongates). Could explain why ones eye appears to bulge. But it is just a theory of mine.

View attachment 727519

how are those exercises supposed to actually shorten the eye though? don't they argue that it's supposed to strengthen muscles?

Probably a combination of various factors, such as have been mentioned

From what I recall, there is something about the day night cycle that can be disturbed and result in excessive eye growth. Myopia = eyes too long for your lens' focal length

This had implications for adulthood, when you stop growing, hence the claims of regression and improvement by some eyecare professionals, but the details elude me

Keep in mind optometrists and to a lesser extent ophthalmologists have a conflict of interest. They make a living only if your vision is blurry

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
It's a cope, just get laser surgery and pray you get minimal side effects

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 5385
minimal side effects

That's the thing... there's always side effects with the procedure and it takes years for it to happen. :( But some other people are saying above that they've had success to some degree. Might be worth pursuing.

tl;dr = sunlight exposure during childhood releases dopamine in your eyes which prevents the elongation that's responsible for myopia

they've invented eyedrops that have shown to be effective at reproducing that same effect, but only works in kids. as does exposure to light.

kids in australia have significantly lower rates of myopia due to outdoor activities being popular compared to say east asian countries, and apparently it's really just the light that makes the difference, not gazing into the distance. but that's just what I've read.

here's another study:

also this guy summed it up well here:

Ehhh can't view the video. It says uploader has not made this video available in my country. :( Do you have the title? Maybe I can find a copy somewhere else.

Leaning more towards getting the surgery you're gonna need reading glasses when you get to your 40s and 50s anyway, it should be fine while you're young, when I'm old I'll just rope anyway

Leaning more towards getting the surgery you're gonna need reading glasses when you get to your 40s and 50s anyway, it should be fine while you're young, when I'm old I'll just rope anyway

Well, I'm almost there anyway. I can try this non-surgical method first and if it doesn't work, I'll still have time before I need to really decide. I should start seeing results in a few months if it's not truly cope.

Ehhh can't view the video. It says uploader has not made this video available in my country. :( Do you have the title? Maybe I can find a copy somewhere else.

it's called 'Why myopia is on the rise around the world', doctor basically says what's in my tl;dr

• +1
I've known about EndMyopia for a couple years but never been able to try it as I am looking at books and screens constantly. I don't think it's cope at all but it takes a lot of effort, time, and money.

Also myopia elongates the eye by a couple mm's (The worse the Myopia, the more the eye elongates). Could explain why ones eye appears to bulge. But it is just a theory of mine.

View attachment 727519
This is suifuel for me. Got myopia and may explain why my eyes are bulgy

• So Sad
it's called 'Why myopia is on the rise around the world', doctor basically says what's in my tl;dr

Thx

In case anyone else can't see it cbsnews.com/video/why-myopia-is-on-the-rise-around-the-world/#x

If someone have 20/10 30/10 vision much above average how his eyeball looks? Why he see further than average people

That's it?? 1 week?? Wait, how bad was your myopia to begin with though? The computer thing is my problem as well. I don't have a choice when that's all I stare at for work. :(
I don't have it bad, but I've noticed that it fluctuates a lot throughout the day depending on what I'm doing. You can improve your situation by putting your screen as far away as possible. Font size is not as important as physical screen distance.

• +1
I don't have it bad, but I've noticed that it fluctuates a lot throughout the day depending on what I'm doing. You can improve your situation by putting your screen as far away as possible. Font size is not as important as physical screen distance.

I have a work laptop though :S Suggestions? Just increase the font size? The other thing with a laptop is that you can't detach the screen so you kinda have it at a weird angle at all times.

It is longly known that eye exercises can improve sight, even reversing its effects.
Ask any eye doctor

• +1
this could work if your prescription is not strong

I have like -2.25 astigmatism in both eyes and -3, -4 myopia even if it does work it would take forever

• So Sad
I wonder if dry fasting might work tbh.

And what if you get lasik/ something better idk about it much and then you start exercise you vision a lot, spend a lot time outside etc
Would you achieve 20/10 vision
Like I think those with 20/10 vision have Just "better" nerves in brain responsible for vision idk how to say it

this could work if your prescription is not strong

I have like -2.25 astigmatism in both eyes and -3, -4 myopia even if it does work it would take forever

Well, if you're not in a hurry, might as well start now. Even if you aren't able to get rid of the myopia, it's probably still good for your eyes on the long run. That's one of the reasons I'm going to try.

I have a work laptop though :S Suggestions? Just increase the font size? The other thing with a laptop is that you can't detach the screen so you kinda have it at a weird angle at all times.
Decreasing font size may help, but not as well as increasing screen distance. There is not much else to be done, apart from trying to reduce screen time and take breaks more often.