NEED HELP been on tret for 7.5 months results have been poor

Deleted member 9511

Deleted member 9511

Silver
Been on tret for almost 8 months for my acne and severe acne scars.

I normally cleanse once in the morning and once at night, apply a moisturizer infrequently when I feel dryness and use tret 0.05 % every day. I skip days when my skin is flaking a lot but that isn’t very frequent.

My acne has gotten far worse as of late. Months ago it seemed like my scars were on their way out - but now they seem pretty shitty.

ive never had a point where my skin had no active lesions while I was on tret; I did purge quite a bit when I stared but I died down after a few week. Right now it’s worse than any purge I’ve ever had:feelswhy::feelswhy:

I also wear sunscreen when I go outside - I might start applying it while I’m indoors to in case of windows.

I am planning to ask my doctor for a clyndamicin prescription

Would anyone be kind enough to give me some advice?

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and Deleted member 9890
try accutane

try accutane
I heavily considered it in the past - and I honestly would.
But I’ve been struggling with norwooding quite horribly in the past few years and I’d prefer not to do anything to make it worse

use accutane. it's wonderful

I heavily considered it in the past - and I honestly would.
But I’ve been struggling with norwooding quite horribly in the past few years and I’d prefer not to do anything to make it worse
I don't think it does anything to mpb

Been on tret for almost 8 months for my acne and severe acne scars.

I normally cleanse once in the morning and once at night, apply a moisturizer infrequently when I feel dryness and use tret 0.05 % every day. I skip days when my skin is flaking a lot but that isn’t very frequent.

My acne has gotten far worse as of late. Months ago it seemed like my scars were on their way out - but now they seem pretty shitty.

ive never had a point where my skin had no active lesions while I was on tret; I did purge quite a bit when I stared but I died down after a few week. Right now it’s worse than any purge I’ve ever had:feelswhy::feelswhy:

I also wear sunscreen when I go outside - I might start applying it while I’m indoors to in case of windows.

I am planning to ask my doctor for a clyndamicin prescription

Would anyone be kind enough to give me some advice?
Nah fuck accutane

It might be time to try something else, retinoids arent the answer to everybody

Can you include a photo of your acne?

And How old are you? Could just be hormonal

Im also an acnecel and get dry eyes on tret, so im sticking with

- salicylic acid PM
- niacinimide AM
- cleansing with tallow
- moisturizing with tallow + squalane

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9511
If tret hasnt worked, accutane probz wont either tbh

If you want an immediate solution,

SUNLIGHT

Its incredibly antimicrobial and clears my acne very quickly

Youll obviously have to quit retinoids tho

But its very legit if you want a quick improvement tbh

• +1
I had the exact issue! I read many posts on reddit and I came to the conclusion that applying everyday will irritate the skin in some and cause more acne. I then dialed it back to using tret 3x per week and my skin improved pretty drastically. Give that a shot before going to youe doctor.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9511 and Deleted member 9890
Probably not the answer you want to hear but in your post I only saw your skincare routine. How much water do you drink? Do you eat a lot of dairy? Are you zinc deficient? Until you cut (or severely restrict) dairy and processed foods, drink a gallon of water a day, and supplement zinc, you’re not trying. I’ve been on tret for 2 years (tried accutane too) and I didn’t start winning the skin war until I changed diet/sleep.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9890
Probably not the answer you want to hear but in your post I only saw your skincare routine. How much water do you drink? Do you eat a lot of dairy? Are you zinc deficient? Until you cut (or severely restrict) dairy and processed foods, drink a gallon of water a day, and supplement zinc, you’re not trying. I’ve been on tret for 2 years (tried accutane too) and I didn’t start winning the skin war until I changed diet/sleep.
Diet does shit.
I tried quitting dairy, sugar, everything that can cause acne, nothing changed.

Tried everything that could help. Changing pillowcase more often, washing hair more often, washing face and moisturising twice a day, not touching my face, etc.
NOTHING!

Jumped on a 6 month accutane course and my acne got better within one month and almost completely gone within three.
I still have some scarring left but it is fading away slowly.
No side effects, only dry face, lips and hands, but I could easily combat that with moisturising.

• +1
I had the exact issue! I read many posts on reddit and I came to the conclusion that applying everyday will irritate the skin in some and cause more acne. I then dialed it back to using tret 3x per week and my skin improved pretty drastically. Give that a shot before going to youe doctor.
Thanks a lot for the advice!

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic and Deleted member 9890
If you want an immediate solution,

SUNLIGHT

Its incredibly antimicrobial and clears my acne very quickly

Youll obviously have to quit retinoids tho

But its very legit if you want a quick improvement tbh
Sunlight def helps - but I an quite sure it wouldn’t be enough on its own

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9890
Look into moisture barrier repair too.

Im gonna layoff actives and see if that helps

• +1
Nah fuck accutane

It might be time to try something else, retinoids arent the answer to everybody

Can you include a photo of your acne?

And How old are you? Could just be hormonal
I’m 20 years old- I’ve had acne since I was 13.
It got a lot worse 16-19

mine looks a lot like this guys but it’s a bit redder:

Attachments

• F9C16DA9-3972-406D-8442-AB41C92042FA.jpeg
    F9C16DA9-3972-406D-8442-AB41C92042FA.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 18
Diet does shit.
I tried quitting dairy, sugar, everything that can cause acne, nothing changed.

Tried everything that could help. Changing pillowcase more often, washing hair more often, washing face and moisturising twice a day, not touching my face, etc.
NOTHING!

Jumped on a 6 month accutane course and my acne got better within one month and almost completely gone within three.
I still have some scarring left but it is fading away slowly.
No side effects, only dry face, lips and hands, but I could easily combat that with moisturising.
I’ve had similar wxperiences with diet an pillow case changing - however I am quite sure that if I could train myself to sleep on my back that would help a lot.

I’ve quit chocolate/dairy and all processed foods for around 2 years with no noticeable change. I still don’t drink much much but it hasn’t to my knowledge done much for me.

accutane is awesome for people it works for. I just can’t risk using it because my hair is already in a bad state

• +1
Reactions: GymCelNeckPill