never cut your hair with clippers

2peasinapod

2peasinapod

Banned
if you are white, blacks should always have a tight fade imo

all my life i went to a cheap mens barbers, traditional short back and sides always clipper cuts

now i spend 5x the money on a scissor cut at a premium idependant hairdresser i got refered by a business partner

i cant verbalise the difference, we sat down for 20 mins before and he took a detailed look of my hair asking what i hoped to achieve etc i showed him some pics of gandy he told me i have very similar hair and he sized up my facial proportions to guague the lengths of side vs top

the products he used smelled like fruit and not like petrol when he sprayed my hair

he didnt let any hair go on my face, so no crusty old thistle brush contaminated with seb derm and hiv was brushed along my face afterwards

i normally get panic attacks becasue in the past the baber has cut my scalp or shaved off my temples or keep touching my face, but this we were chilled in our own room and he constantly asked me before he did anything

it was better than therapy, i walked out in perfect mental health

• +1
Reactions: Justttt, LowTierNormie, oldcell and 2 others
True. But here where I live there's a very little chance a barber knows how to use them for the price I'm ready to pay.
I tried many times asking them, last time I descended 10 PSL points after that.

True. But here where I live there's a very little chance a barber knows how to use them for the price I'm ready to pay.

legit, 90% of barbers are a looksmin

finally ive found a good one, you need to find a gay man who has independant business. and not a flamboyant gay either

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie, Deleted member 3195 and beyourself
This.

I explicitly started going to the most expensive barbers in my area for a while and besides offering cappuccino during the cut and a head massage while washing my hair, the haircut itself was of no higher quality than a 5 times cheaper random barber lmao.

I am affraid of going to barbers at this point. They always fuck shit up. They also seem to give you 0 usefull advice of how to actually style and take care of your hair after the cut to get your hair to look like you want.

• +1
Reactions: InZayn and beyourself
This.

I explicitly started going to the most expensive barbers in my area for a while and besides offering cappuccino during the cut and a head massage while washing my hair, the haircut itself was of no higher quality than a 5 times cheaper random barber lmao.

I am affraid of going to barbers at this point. They always fuck shit up. They also seem to give you 0 usefull advice of how to actually style and take care of your hair after the cut to get your hair to look like you want.

you can tell immediately if they are skilled or not just by how they go about cutting your hair imo

but i agree, most barbers are horrendous, usually failures at life in general and gone into barbering as a last resort

• +1
Reactions: beyourself and Deleted member 275
This.

Try cutting hairs on your own. Like, I don't trust barbers so I say general shit like "12 mm on sides, shorten at top but don't cut too much on a bang / don't touch bang at all", then come home and finish the bang as I want.
usually failures at life in general and gone into barbering as a last resort
Immensily stupid most of the times. Some are good, I appreciate them like my own mother

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275
also most barbers just learn certain cuts and recycle them over and over again regardless of the clients face and hair

they are like ex mcdonalds workers who just know how to make a big mac, if you tell them you want xyz you get the same big mac with spit and cum inside

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275
also most barbers just learn certain cuts and recycle them over and over again regardless of the clients face and hair

they are like ex mcdonalds workers who just know how to make a big mac, if you tell them you want xyz you get the same big mac with spit and cum inside
So much this lmao. Fuck the average barber.

I hate this shit with most things in life: Average people are shit at what they do/teach for a living and often you are better off doing your own research and doing it by yourself instead.

Problem is that you can't do everything on your own, because it takes too much time, energy and mental effort. Finding quality, ambitious, competent people is tough shit nowadays. I refuse to overpay for shit tier quality work, which is what people usually do.

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie
So much this lmao. Fuck the average barber.

I hate this shit with most things in life: Average people are shit at what they do/teach for a living and often you are better off doing your own research and doing it by yourself instead.

Problem is that you can't do everything on your own, because it takes too much time, energy and mental effort. Finding quality, ambitious, competent people is tough shit nowadays. I refuse to overpay for shit tier quality work, which is what people usually do.

spot on mate, also remember the guys at the top of their trade dont want to waste their time on statusless, deadbeat of society

so you need to climb the ladder

dude I wish I could find a barber like that. Right now I just get a high fade & hope for the best.