New Alfaro Bimax result

First one !
Alfaro1 copy
Ok. I feared you would want the first one. Let me explain.

I know you have seen a lot of designs that have the red part like that, but personally, I have yet to see one single implant with those characteristics look natural.

When it is too close to the eye socket like that, you look (puffy), and strangely, it changes the "personality" of your eyes.

It could look unnatural or overdone when it's too close to the eye socket. It could look like you got punched in the eye.

I believe you feel you have hollowness under your eyes, right? You want the area under your eyes to be more lifted so that you don't look tired, right?

Also, you think that if you get something like #2 or #4, your eyes will look sunken in, right? You think you will have a deeper hollow, right?

So, I don't believe you will look bad with #2 or #4 because an intelligent design goes up towards the rim as far as possible to mimic your natural structure, but better.

In other words, you'd be correcting or improving your natural structure.

Now, if you think you will have a deep eye socket with #2 or #4, the answer is no. When you design an implant correctly, a natural slope makes the implant flow".

Also, there is a lot of eye movement that could be bad with #1, and I believe Dr. Ramieri was referring to this, and I agree with him. There are specific nerves that your doctor needs to protect, and there is no need to risk anything like that.

Push your cheeks up with your fingers and look at the effect you get. Push a little bit up, and you will see that your eyes will automatically look alive and less tired.

#2 and #4 will give you the lift you want, but for some bizarre reason, some surgeons want to give their patients that puffy/swollen look.

The yellow lines are a better approach; they look more harmonious and natural - and safer.

The green dot represents an important nerve.

Of course, if you want to go with #1, it is possible to do it safely, but I would not recommend it because you do not have a real deformity.

Please show me a model or celebrity you like and that you think looks like they have #1 implants naturally.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Silver
Ok. I feared you would want the first one. Let me explain.

I know you have seen a lot of designs that have the red part like that, but personally, I have yet to see one single implant with those characteristics look natural.
Thanks for taking time to explain that in detail.

Indeed since very young I have this hollowness under the eyes making me look tired and I was thinking that the way to bring more support in the area was to bring height on the implant.

Eriksen is the model I had in mind with this kind of eye area. Now I observe it, I understand that the lower eyelid has to be flat to give a nice effect.

Eriksen

I gonna try to find before/after examples to see how bad it is when the infraorbital rim is too high and horizontal and integrate this info when I start my design face.

About Ramieri’s implant I was talking about this kind of implant where the saddle doesn’t go to the nose and I am afraid in this case it doesn’t bring the effect we are talking about :

Implant Ramieri

Thanks for taking time to explain that in detail.

Indeed since very young I have this hollowness under the eyes making me look tired and I was thinking that the way to bring more support in the area was to bring height on the implant.

Eriksen is the model I had in mind with this kind of eye area. Now I observe it, I understand that the lower eyelid has to be flat to give a nice effect.

View attachment 1754515

I gonna try to find before/after examples to see how bad it is when the infraorbital rim is too high and horizontal and integrate this info when I start my design face.

About Ramieri’s implant I was talking about this kind of implant where the saddle doesn’t go to the nose and I am afraid in this case it doesn’t bring the effect we are talk

Let's do the obvious first.

1- The jaw.
By looking at your face and by seeing the jaw implant design, my intuition tells me that the jaw implant will NOT give you the effect you want.
Jaw implants are the hardest to design.

2- The cheeks.
Eriksen has large cheeks (high cheekbones). These are considered old-timey styles. The Hollywood actors of today have softer, more volume in the middle style cheeks (not like Eriksen).

Eriksen's style of cheeks will make you look hard and perhaps older than you are now. However, if you want this style, then this is what you should get.

This style will NOT get rid of the tired look because you will still look droopy under the eyes.

The good
The beauty of custom implants is that you can design them and get the exact benefits you need. You will get the high-cheekbone look, and you can also get balance under the eyes too!!

The problem.
Right now, there is a massive error in your cheeks design, mechanically speaking. We can talk more about this in private if you want.

No guessing.
There is no need for you to guess how you will look. You can do some concrete things to know exactly how you will look.

Let's try it, and then we can show the guys here how you could look. Nothing is 100%, but if you do what you are supposed to, you can get pretty close to how you envision yourself.

Do you have more pictures of the design? Side view, maybe?

Last edited:
@Jon87 His cheeks are so big that you are not noticing the effect under the eye. Like I said, if you are willing to put in the time, I am willing to help you look like a fricking God.

Attachments

• Eroksen1 copy.png
    Eroksen1 copy.png
    740.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Eroksen1.png
    Eroksen1.png
    817.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Erikse2 copy.png
    Erikse2 copy.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Erikse2.png
    Erikse2.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • Woah
Reactions: Pumanator
@Jon87 His cheeks are so big that you are not noticing the effect under the eye. Like I said, if you are willing to put in the time, I am willing to help you look like a fricking God.

Cool. I really want to invest time in the process to get the best result as possible.

I am waiting two months more to have a better healing of my bimax before doing a 3D scann and start the design phase. What would be the best, waiting the 3D model to do a first draft or could some morphs + drawings on the scanns be a good starting point for discussion ?

About your points :

1- The jaw.
By looking at your face and by seeing the jaw implant design, my intuition tells me that the jaw implant will NOT give you the effect you want. Jaw implants are the hardest to design.

It gonna be tricky yes specially because I have asymetry.

2- The cheeks.
Eriksen has large cheeks (high cheekbones). These are considered old-timey styles. The Hollywood actors of today have softer, more volume in the middle style cheeks (not like Eriksen).
Eriksen's style of cheeks will make you look hard and perhaps older than you are now. However, if you want this style, then this is what you should get.
This style will NOT get rid of the tired look because you will still look droopy under the eyes.

I am thinking about Eriksen because I am wondering if the best wouldn’t be to emphasize the cheeks and the chin (a bit higher, wider and square) more that having a too wide jaw as I have a quite long face. About the droopy eyes, do you mean because this kind of design will increase the contrast between big cheeks and the hollowness of the lower eyelid ?

No guessing.
There is no need for you to guess how you will look. You can do some concrete things to know exactly how you will look.

I will try to get a .stl file of my skull to manipulate it. I have a good 3D comprehension due to my work and that will help me to understand better the volumes and get, I hope, something close to what I have in mind.

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator and Jade
Cool. I really want to invest time in the process to get the best result as possible.

I am waiting two months more to have a better healing of my bimax before doing a 3D scann and start the design phase. What would be the best, waiting the 3D model to do a first draft or could some morphs + drawings on the scanns be a good starting point for discussion ?

About your points :

1- The jaw.
By looking at your face and by seeing the jaw implant design, my intuition tells me that the jaw implant will NOT give you the effect you want. Jaw implants are the hardest to design.

It gonna be tricky yes specially because I have asymetry.

2- The cheeks.

I am thinking about Eriksen because I am wondering if the best wouldn’t be to emphasize the cheeks and the chin (a bit higher, wider and square) more that having a too wide jaw as I have a quite long face. About the droopy eyes, do you mean because this kind of design will increase the contrast between big cheeks and the hollowness of the lower eyelid ?

No guessing.

I will try to get a .stl file of my skull to manipulate it. I have a good 3D comprehension due to my work and that will help me to understand better the volumes and get, I hope, something close to what I have in mind.
Since you'd only be dealing with your bones, the CT scan is good now or anytime. Try to do a CT scan and not a CBCT. In Spain is called a (TAC).

Morphs are nice for playing around with but can be deceiving. Everyone looks good in morphs. First, get the (TAC).

The Jaw.
The asymmetry is rather easy to fix. The concern is making sure your face has the perfect silhouette and balance after the implants.

The cheeks.
"Do you mean because this kind of design will increase the contrast between big cheeks and the hollowness of the lower eyelid?"

Correct. This is why you have to find a balance for your cheeks. If you go too wide and high like Andreas Eriksen, you could have an "Asian effect."

The "problem" is that you are a good-looking guy as you are now. You have a rather fine and soft face. Your skin isn't super thick, and your neck isn't massive.

The face is magic, and when you don't have something really wrong with you, the magic of the face could disappear as you introduce a foreign shape.

I'd be more worried about the jaw than the cheeks. The jaw is a lot more complicated to get right.

I am going to connect you with my special effects person. She is a make-up artist who will "morph" you in real life, not on the screen.

What do you do for work that can help you understand volumes?

• +1
Reactions: Pumanator
Since you'd only be dealing with your bones, the CT scan is good now or anytime. Try to do a CT scan and not a CBCT. In Spain is called a (TAC).

Morphs are nice for playing around with but can be deceiving. Everyone looks good in morphs. First, get the (TAC).

The Jaw.
The asymmetry is rather easy to fix. The concern is making sure your face has the perfect silhouette and balance after the implants.

The cheeks.
"Do you mean because this kind of design will increase the contrast between big cheeks and the hollowness of the lower eyelid?"

Correct. This is why you have to find a balance for your cheeks. If you go too wide and high like Andreas Eriksen, you could have an "Asian effect."

The "problem" is that you are a good-looking guy as you are now. You have a rather fine and soft face. Your skin isn't super thick, and your neck isn't massive.

The face is magic, and when you don't have something really wrong with you, the magic of the face could disappear as you introduce a foreign shape.

I'd be more worried about the jaw than the cheeks. The jaw is a lot more complicated to get right.

I am going to connect you with my special effects person. She is a make-up artist who will "morph" you in real life, not on the screen.

What do you do for work that can help you understand volumes?
Why not a CBCT ? All the surgeons I consulted for implants asked for a cone beam. It's more precise if you are only interested in the skull. Concerning healing I mean I wanted to wait 6 months after the bimax to have a good calcification in the osteotomy area. As the implants will cover this part, wouldn't it make sense ?

Curious to know how can you morph someone irl.

I am an automotive designer. I spend my days switching between Photoshop, 3D models and clay models.

• +1
Reactions: Jade
Why not a CBCT ? All the surgeons I consulted for implants asked for a cone beam. It's more precise if you are only interested in the skull. Concerning healing I mean I wanted to wait 6 months after the bimax to have a good calcification in the osteotomy area. As the implants will cover this part, wouldn't it make sense ?

Curious to know how can you morph someone irl.

I am an automotive designer. I spend my days switching between Photoshop, 3D models and clay models.
This would be a CT scan for the skull only - not for the body.

CBCT is a series of photos, bu it usually leaves empty wholes around the cheek area. It can work fine sometimes, but the CT scan is more precise and presents fewer artifacts. If you can only get a CBCT, then that's fine.

The implants do not calcify with the bones. The screws are placed strategically. But yes, waiting is always best.

You morph someone like in a movie character with special make-up.

Maybe go in for the scan so you can plan everything and wait for surgery.

"I am an automotive designer. I spend my days switching between Photoshop, 3D models, and clay models."

I like you!👌 Did you design your implants in blue with red dots?

This would be a CT scan for the skull only - not for the body.

CBCT is a series of photos, bu it usually leaves empty wholes around the cheek area. It can work fine sometimes, but the CT scan is more precise and presents fewer artifacts. If you can only get a CBCT, then that's fine.

The implants do not calcify with the bones. The screws are placed strategically. But yes, waiting is always best.

You morph someone like in a movie character with special make-up.

Maybe go in for the scan so you can plan everything and wait for surgery.

"I am an automotive designer. I spend my days switching between Photoshop, 3D models, and clay models."

I like you!👌 Did you design your implants in blue with red dots?
No, the pic with the implants is not mine it's the one Ramieri shows as an example of what he proposes.

But that's what I wanna do. Model my implants if I can get the CT scann converted in stl. Turning around the volumes will help a lot understanding what I need. I also will be able to give more precise inputs to the surgeon than drawing on screenshots.

I will do my scann this summer, 5-6months post bimax. I am looking forward to see what can be done.

• +1
Well, you have lots of options. I am not even supposed to be here anymore!!!! I told a guy I was gonna leave this forum for good. Read this.

what’s your opinion on infraorbitals without malar extension like these two
8FE6648B 2496 4B5A A59E BEC25310C301

6448D07A B135 44E4 B3C9 B1A7133ED1C0

shouldn’t these result in an unnatural look because the infraorbitals are being pushed way further ahead of the cheekbones than they’re supposed to? especially from the 3/4 like in the circled area, the peak of the ogee curve is almost right next to the eye

9CA388D8 2BBB 4840 9489 D5DC5684ECDD

• Love it
@eyebagcel
"What’s your opinion on infraorbital without malar extension like these two"

Giving an intelligent opinion based on designs alone is impossible without seeing the patient's face. Still, more importantly, it is even more impossible without knowing what the patient likes or wants.

"Shouldn’t these result in an unnatural look because the infraorbitals are being pushed way further ahead of the cheekbones than they’re supposed to?"

"Unnatural or natural" are relative terms. You might like something, but someone else might hate it.

If you are here wondering about this, more than likely, your gut feeling is telling you that something is wrong.

Although I can't see your face, and even though giving an opinion based on bones and designs is wrong, personally, from experience, I would be inclined to say that this design usually does not suit most patients.

Why? Because if you want cheek implants, the problem is usually in the mid-face and not on the corner of your cheeks.

Eppley's has good results now and then, but these are from repeated patients who get them twice or even three times with him.

Is this an Eppley design by chance?

• +1
Reactions: eyebagcel
@eyebagcel
"What’s your opinion on infraorbital without malar extension like these two"

Giving an intelligent opinion based on designs alone is impossible without seeing the patient's face. Still, more importantly, it is even more impossible without knowing what the patient likes or wants.

"Shouldn’t these result in an unnatural look because the infraorbitals are being pushed way further ahead of the cheekbones than they’re supposed to?"

"Unnatural or natural" are relative terms. You might like something, but someone else might hate it.

If you are here wondering about this, more than likely, your gut feeling is telling you that something is wrong.

Although I can't see your face, and even though giving an opinion based on bones and designs is wrong, personally, from experience, I would be inclined to say that this design usually does not suit most patients.

Why? Because if you want cheek implants, the problem is usually in the mid-face and not on the corner of your cheeks.

Eppley's has good results now and then, but these are from repeated patients who get them twice or even three times with him.

Is this an Eppley design by chance?
first one is from mario pagnoni in italy(who’s the main guy im considering), second one is dr. apostolakis from texas

can i dm u some pics of me real quick? i know for a fact my infraorbitals are recessed, probably the most recessed on this forum, but idk what implant design suits me the most

Last edited:
  • Love it
first one is from mario pagnoni in italy(who’s the main guy im considering), second one is dr. apostolakis from texas

can i dm u some pics of me real quick? i know for a fact my infraorbitals are recessed, probably the most recessed on this forum, but idk what implant design suits me the most
Go ahead. Sure thing.

Yes, minimal invasiv surgery makes a huge difference. Little incisions make less swelling, no blood in your stomach, shorter time under anesthesia,...

Indeed, the best would have been to go directly to Alfaro. He could have done 2cm advancement. But I thought that my surgeon in Paris could fix my sleep apnea. He didn't finally respect the plan from consultation and move the jaw so little it didn't change anything.

My before bimaxs and my after Alfaro's one :
Bro. Alfaro is just the goat. But I don’t have the money. What should I do.

I have money for ramieri. I just wrote Alfaro an email asking for online consultation

Bro. Alfaro is just the goat. But I don’t have the money. What should I do.

I have money for ramieri. I just wrote Alfaro an email asking for online consultation
Going to Alfaro has sense if you are really recessed and if you need big ccw. With a radio or a CT scan you can estimate how much he will advance you to be on the Barcelona line. And then compare with what Ramieri proposes you and see if it's worth.

• +1
Reactions: one job away
Going to Alfaro has sense if you are really recessed and if you need big ccw. With a radio or a CT scan you can estimate how much he will advance you to be on the Barcelona line. And then compare with what Ramieri proposes you and see if it's worth.
Do you have a clue about this? I tried measuring the Barcelona line but couldn’t find it.

Can I dm yöu ?

Also his smile looks wider?

please dm me your result

can you tell me what movements you had?
subespinal cut does not affect the nose

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Also his smile looks wider?

please dm me your result

can you tell me what movements you had?
subespinal cut does not affect the nose

@Jade what if I look better when I wake up, with the eyes knda puffy. can I mimic that effect with infra implants?

• JFL
@Jade i was being serious

@Jade i was being serious
I don't know how to even answer that! Implants can make you look puffy, I guess. Have you ever looked into fillers?

I don't usually get questions like that. ✌️

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
I don't know how to even answer that! Implants can make you look puffy, I guess. Have you ever looked into fillers?

I don't usually get questions like that. ✌️
would it reduces uee or eyes height? because I already have no uee, but wanted that puffy effect. Like you said, I fear it could somehow change the faces "personality"

would it reduces uee or eyes height? because I already have no uee, but wanted that puffy effect. Like you said, I fear it could somehow change the faces "personality"
I am not sure. Maybe, try fillers and see how you like the effect you get. It is difficult to offer an intelligent opinion without seeing your face.

Maybe upload your picture here and let these guys suggest something for you. I would go to a professional first for any important decisions.

• +1
Reactions: Eduardo DOV
One week liquid diet. And soft food step by step. It's not that anoying because you can eat whatever you want as far as you mix or cut your food. Numb lower lips is anoying. I use my tongue to guide the glass, spoon,... Post op with mini invasiv surgery is way easier. Much less tiring. Much less inflammation. And you look normal after 10 days.
Please respond to my DM if you don't mind. Thanks!

Yes, minimal invasiv surgery makes a huge difference. Little incisions make less swelling, no blood in your stomach, shorter time under anesthesia,...

Indeed, the best would have been to go directly to Alfaro. He could have done 2cm advancement. But I thought that my surgeon in Paris could fix my sleep apnea. He didn't finally respect the plan from consultation and move the jaw so little it didn't change anything.

My before bimaxs and my after Alfaro's one :
Can you share the name of your Parisian surgeron was it Thierry loncle ?

not worth it JFL