no idea what to do for ascension (BSSO, lefort I, etc)

wagbox

wagbox

Creator of the bluepill
I'm getting mse next month and braces along with it. The problem is that I have a slight over bite with a class 2 deep bite and so my ortho would also like to fix that.

The method by which this would be done is BSSO / lefort I following the MSE and braces. The alignment of braces that I get would depend entirely on whether or not i want to go through with BSSO.

However, i'm not necessarily sure if i need such invasive surgery. The length of my mandible appears fine to me and it seems to me (and @nelson) that my mandible is recessed primarily because my two front teeth are actually bent backwards. Thus, straightening the teeth and facepulling could give the look I desire.

Still, though, I've spoken to both my orthodontist as well as the oral surgeon he is affiliated with, and both recommended BSSO. Regarding Lefort I, only my ortho recommended it. The oral surgeon was afraid it would give a "chimpanzee" look.

Either way, I have to make a decision pretty soon regarding how I want my front teeth to align with braces as those appointments are coming up soon. Any help is appreciated.

• +1
Reactions: curryslayerordeath, Lorsss and Deleted member 2846
If the surgery will make you look better than stop being a pussy "Waah invasive surgery" People who don't take risks reap no rewards

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: MandibularCel, Deleted member 4386, MogTheMogger and 4 others
Good job on getting MSE bro. You would want to definitely avoid the chimp look, but at the same time, can they just not slide your maxilla forward that far? Can you ask if they can only slide it forward enough so it looks good, but not that far so you get a chimp look.

BSSO could help you tbh. Almost everyone can benefit from more lower jaw growth. I have seen you IRL so I have a good idea what you look like (granted, I can’t exactly remember how your jaw looks like IRL) and more lower jaw mass could potentially make your nose look more proportional (you’ve expressed you don’t like your nose). So that could kill 2 birds in one stone.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: wagbox and Deleted member 4887
You guys met irl?

If the surgery will make you look better than stop being a pussy "Waah invasive surgery" People who don't take risks reap no rewards
Lol i agree and i'm not high inhib when it comes to this. It's just i'm not sure if it's necessary and @nelson is trying to convince me not to
You guys met irl?
@nelson and i are good friends
Good job on getting MSE bro. You would want to definitely avoid the chimp look, but at the same time, can they just not slide your maxilla forward that far? Can you ask if they can only slide it forward enough so it looks good, but not that far so you get a chimp look.

BSSO could help you tbh. Almost everyone can benefit from more lower jaw growth. I have seen you IRL so I have a good idea what you look like (granted, I can’t exactly remember how your jaw looks like IRL) and more lower jaw mass could potentially make your nose look more proportional (you’ve expressed you don’t like your nose). So that could kill 2 birds in one stone.
Agreed bro. I am planning to go for rhino anyway, but that's another reason why I need to decide about lefort or not as it has the potential to change the appearance of the nose drastically.

I will ask at my next appointment about moving my maxilla forward only slightly

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2846, forwardgrowth and ChaddeusPeuterschmit
Lol i agree and i'm not high inhib when it comes to this. It's just i'm not sure if it's necessary and @nelson is trying to convince me not to

@nelson and i are good friends

Agreed bro. I am planning to go for rhino anyway, but that's another reason why I need to decide about lefort or not as it has the potential to change the appearance of the nose drastically.

I will ask at my next appointment about moving my maxilla forward only slightly
Do rhino after you do all jaw work.

You guys met irl?

• +1
Reactions: wagbox, anti caking agents and Deleted member 4887
MSE merely makes the maxilla wider right? not more forward yeah?

If you’re worried about a “chimp” look after a Lefort I, you can also ask your surgeon if he can do a higher Lefort than normal.

• +1
Reactions: wagbox and forwardgrowth
MSE merely makes the maxilla wider right? not more forward yeah?
correct
If you’re worried about a “chimp” look after a Lefort I, you can also ask your surgeon if he can do a higher Lefort than normal.
Okay. One other thing to note is that for ortho surgery I'd be going through my insurance so I have no idea who the surgeon would be

• +1
Reactions: Golden Glass
Low iq thread

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 2846 and wagbox
Brb using

Just text me I already told you what to do
True but i had 2 professionals tell me i need to do the opposite

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2846
Ascend with your mind

• Love it
Reactions: wagbox
  • +1
Reactions: wagbox
Are you recessed (like retrofaced profile) or normal atm. If retrofaced, it's definitely better to advance the retruded jaws. If not, then a lot small of movements are necessary. Wouldn't your surgeon be able to take all of this into account?

Are you recessed (like retrofaced profile) or normal atm. If retrofaced, it's definitely better to advance the retruded jaws. If not, then a lot small of movements are necessary. Wouldn't your surgeon be able to take all of this into account?
I will PM you once I get my pics from ortho. And yes, this is basically what my surgeon is going off of

• +1
Reactions: curryslayerordeath