No level of alcohol consumption is safe for health, according to WHO

Water

• +1
Reactions: subswork, autistic_tendencies, vaseqmoherad and 1 other person
alcohol tastes like rotten shit. cigs too.

• +1
Reactions: subswork, tombradylover, fauxfox and 10 others
WHO says something not retarded for once wtf???

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: tombradylover, vaseqmoherad and Clown Show
muhhh no red wine has antioxidants and helps u live longer :soy::soy::cry:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: tombradylover, Hirekdr, fauxfox and 6 others
But wealthy middle aged women with good healthcare drink wine so it is clearly good for you in moderation

1CFBE89E A6BB 4D51 8704 0020839D9768

benefits outweigh the negatives imo but if I was working on making a theoretically perfect diet to live to 150 years old with maybe I wouldn’t include red meat

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Crusile and Deleted member 17872
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Crusile, Hirekdr, Deleted member 17872 and 2 others
And the vaccine is very safe.

• +1
Reactions: KLESUM, fogdart, alriodai and 1 other person
View attachment 2075106
benefits outweigh the negatives imo but if I was working on making a theoretically perfect diet to live to 150 years old with maybe I wouldn’t include red meat

As long as you keep iron levels down by donating blood every so often red meat isn't bad. Excess iron in the body creates a lot of ROS though which isn't good.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19453 and BasedPsychiatrist
“Potential protective effects of alcohol consumption, suggested by some studies, are tightly connected with the comparison groups chosen and the statistical methods used, and may not consider other relevant factors”
Sorry, I'm still in the hormesis camp. Drinking 2 bottles of beer per month won't significantly worsen your health any by the token it may even lower the risk of CHD. These researches have to eat and that's why many FDA/WHO studies are contradictatory.

I mean, just take into account that there are studies where people change their diet to mediterranean. Some people gain 8 years in age, some lose 2. You do not know your mechanisms of dealing with toxic substances and the maintenance requirements. No one really does. But don't be the weird person who abstains from any alcohol use in social setting.

Don't drink for the sake of drinking though.

View attachment 2075106
WHO has to make statements like this because they are a global organization that pertains to people living in poverty. Certain areas of people cannot effectively drop animal products from their diets because they would struggle to gain adequate amounts of essential nutrients.

Red meat unlike alcohol has nutrients like proteins which we cannot get from other sources.
Such as?

all foods that spike growth factors also makes you more likely to develop cancer because the more cell division the more chance something goes wrong.

dairy has the same issue, spikes growth hormones, growth = cancer risk.
Probably. Blood is inherently carcinogenic due to its heme iron content.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Crusile
As long as you keep iron levels down by donating blood every so often red meat isn't bad. Excess iron in the body creates a lot of ROS though which isn't good.
Yeah, and what's worse, red meat alone contains benzo[a]pyrene. Some of it reacts with cytochrome P450, causing even more oxidative stress. Red meat is good, just keep in mind to not overcook it (due to policyclic aromatic compounds, mind the intercalation in DNA too) and donate blood to keep your iron level down.

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88
WHO has to make statements like this because they are a global organization that pertains to people living in poverty. Certain areas of people cannot effectively drop animal products from their diets because they would struggle to gain adequate amounts of essential nutrients.

Such as?

Maybe. Blood is inherently carcinogenic due to its heme iron content.
Iron level matters. You can easily take it too far, but don't underestimate deficiency of it, which is not a tough challenge when you cut or minimize iron from heme (such as the iron in the red meat). In this case, it's better to overdose it and counter the side effects than the other way around.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17872
dont care

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19174 and ifyouwannabemylover
WHO says something not retarded for once wtf???
Made me question my sanity for a moment, then I realized they tell us the truth to earn our trust and later proceed to throw some lies in the mixture which are almost indistinguishable from the main narrative. Just a trick to catch us more easily.

• +1
Reactions: GetShrekt and Deleted member 19453
Take every WHO/FDA study with a grain of salt. For every one of them, you might find the counter example from the same research organization. They are aiming at POPULATION, so the general tip may not apply to you.

Iron level matters. You can easily take it too far, but don't underestimate deficiency of it, which is not a tough challenge when you cut or minimize iron from heme (such as the iron in the red meat). In this case, it's better to overdose it and counter the side effects than the other way around.
I agree. Reaching DV of iron isn't difficult from eating plants if you live in a developed area though.

• +1
Reactions: Crusile
Take every WHO/FDA study with a grain of salt. For every one of them, you might find the counter example from the same research organization. They are aiming at POPULATION, so the general tip may not apply to you.
I agree, but alcohol consumption practically applies to the entire population (including those living in poverty).

I agree. Reaching DV of iron isn't difficult from eating plants if you live in a developed area though.
If you're mindful, you can be vegan and keep your B12 and iron at the proper level, but it takes dedication and knowledge. There are benefits to red meat besides.

Every person that ever drinked water died or wil die.

Same can't be said about alcohol

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: tombradylover, autistic_tendencies, Deleted member 19453 and 4 others
all foods that spike growth factors also make you more likely to develop cancer because the more cell division the more chance something goes wrong.

dairy has the same issue, spikes growth hormones, growth = cancer risk.
This is why i like this forum
There are high IQ takes instead of ''oh this is bollocks'' often

• +1
Reactions: BasedPsychiatrist
Most people can if they're told what to do.

Such as?
I might have a take on the diet aspect, when I gather enough material, because people here seems to really follow the protocols as long as they are supported by the body of evidence.

This is complicated, as the preparation of the red meat varies and this results in different "burdening" of the self-maintenance mechanisms. But on the top of my head, the products of cooked red meat stimulate the natural apoptosis through mitochondria activation of the weaker cells.

And depending on your goals, you may like to activate your mTOR pathways fast, especially with additional use of steroids / selective androgen receptors modulators.

This is complicated, as the preparation of the red meat varies and this results in different "burdening" of the self-maintenance mechanisms. But on the top of my head, the products of cooked red meat stimulate the natural apoptosis through mitochondria activation of the weaker cells.

And depending on your goals, you may like to activate your mTOR pathways fast, especially with additional use of steroids / selective androgen receptors modulators.
Are you suggesting that this is exclusive to red meat?

Are you suggesting that this is exclusive to red meat?
No, not really, but it surely is one of the easiest, most sustainable way in the short-term solutions when you are trying to achieve particular goals. It's highly bounded to your time and money constraints.

• JFL
  • +1
The problem with perfecting each and every aspect of your diet lies in the fact that there is little knowledge about the effects of many of those things.

It's highly likely that people with similar DNA may share similar response to soy food, while people living in other area might not deal with it very well.

Depending on you genotype the milk can be one of the most easily absorbed form of protein or something that with twist your guts.

Same goes for metabolizing coffee and I would even ramble about different bearing of lately popular resveratrol.

There ways with surely works within general oversimplifications and these which can work better, but also can be ineffective for you.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Crusile, Deleted member 17872 and Lawton88
No, not really, but it surely is one of the easiest, most sustainable way in the short-term solutions when you are trying to achieve particular goals. It's highly bounded to your time and money constraints.
Red meat is one of the most expensive foods.

The problem with perfecting each and every aspect of your diet lies in the fact that there is little knowledge about the effects of many of those things.

It's highly likely that people with similar DNA may share similar response to soy food, while people living in other area might not deal with it very well.

Depending on you genotype the milk can be one of the most easily absorbed form of protein or something that with twist your guts.

Same goes for metabolizing coffee and I would even ramble about different bearing of lately popular resveratrol.

There ways with surely works within general oversimplifications and these which can work better, but also can be ineffective for you.
alcohol is a poison plain and simple. At best you are taking mild damage and at worse you are taking lethal damage. Red meat is very healthy and people who compare it to alcohol are stupid.

alcohol is nt and has a positive effect on your social life = better health

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19174
Red meat is one of the most expensive foods.
Yeah, depends on the country to some degree, but at the same time you do not need to worry about overdosing lipid-soluble vitamins in giblets. It's not like most people eat red meat daily.

And yeah, when it comes to specific paths which trigger actions you want to trigger when you are aiming at certain high protein levels, meat beats all.

It's a different pair of shoes if you aim at just living longer, which sadly does not always come with looking better, leave alone athlethic ability.

I need alcohol to become low inhib tho

I need alcohol to become low inhib tho
That's my point. The amount that doesn't isolate your experience in social setting won't do significant harm and may even have some benefits. Just don't overdo it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19174

Such as?

Probably. Blood is inherently carcinogenic due to its heme iron content.

• +1
Reactions: BasedPsychiatrist
alcohol is a poison plain and simple. At best you are taking mild damage and at worse you are taking lethal damage. Red meat is very healthy and people who compare it to alcohol are stupid.
Alcohol is a poison. So is everything in certain doses.

The thing is evolution made you fit to consume many unhealthy compounds as those found in fruit and using it to your advantage or at least managing harm. Many toxins and microorganisms stimulate the defensive mechanisms and it's something that you want. You can see the overall percentage of people with asthma over years and correlate it easily with changes in modern approach to dealing with bacteria and impurities. It is not the sole reason, but contributes a lot.

We are not the sculptures that avoid all harm, but these which are great at repairing damage that has been done by environment and development. If you do not stimulate those mechanisms, you are putting yourself to disadvantage.

This applies to many mainstream things like cold showers, use of hot sauna or fasting.

Last edited:
Good summary. Happily for vegans, you can supplement these, as long as you are educated on your needs.
The only problem boils down to bioavailability of iron from plants' contents. And it's necessary to keep proper ratio of Ω3:Ω:6 FA as well.

• +1
  • JFL
Too tedious. But mirin stunting height for veganism.

Timor, Laos, Malawi, Cambodia, Bangladesh, Guatemala, etc — none of those countries are remotely vegan. They lack total calories from animal protein because they lack total calories in general.
Mirin coping skills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back