Plants megathread

Reckless Turtle

Reckless Turtle

Kraken
I'm copy-pasting this from previous arguments I've had with multiple users here regarding plants.

Vitamin A is synthesized from β-Carotene, which is abundantly found in plant sources.
Cooking carrots significantly increases the bioavailability of β-Carotene:

B6 is abundantly found in plant sources. Put 3 bananas in a blender and you already have as much as a whey protein concentrate:

B12-producing bacteria is found in dirt and pond water (the same place other mammals get it from). Cyanobacteria-rich pond water and dirt have more (which is where mammals get their B12 from).

Vitamin D is found in lichen and mushrooms (or just synthesized by being out in the sun). Lichen has more.

Vitamin F is abundant in multiple plant sources.

Vitamin K2 is abundant in multiple fermented plant sources. Cooked Natto has significantly more.

Creatine is synthesized naturally in humans (and isn't considered an essential dietary amino acid).

Carnitine is synthesized naturally in humans (and isn't considered an essential dietary amino acid).

Carnosine is synthesized naturally in humans (and isn't considered an essential dietary amino acid).

Taurine is synthesized naturally in humans (and isn't considered an essential dietary amino acid).

Non-heme iron absorbs less proficiently, but there is a positive correlation between heme iron consumption and cancer risk.

Ubiquinone is abundantly found in seeds and grains.

Cholesterol is synthesized naturally in humans.

CLA can be found in fruit seeds, seed oils, roots, etc.:

Saturated fat is abundantly found in plant oils.

• +1
Reactions: looksmidder, Crusile, looksforlife and 2 others
opinion @Prettyboy ?

Didn’t include many of the B vitamins, vitamin E, and most minerals.

• +1
Reactions: Corleone and Copexodius Maximus
him and @SteveRogers on suicide watch
Jfl.
This is the most retarded post in history, all of these studies are flawed.
Please keep eating plants though, destroy your collagen, lose your muscle and bone mass, shit all day long, get cancer etc.

You’re on test so obviously you and I both need our carbs, I’m just gonna get mine from sources that don’t make me shit my brains out and give me colon cancer; raw dairy and minimal fruit.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17872, Deleted member 23530, softlysoftly and 3 others
Jfl.
This is the most retarded post in history, all of these studies are flawed.
Please keep eating plants though, destroy your collagen, lose your muscle and bone mass, shit all day long, get cancer etc.

You’re on test so obviously you and I both need our carbs, I’m just gonna get mine from sources that don’t make me shit my brains out and give me colon cancer; raw dairy and minimal fruit.
how are these studies flawed? I'd like to know

btw there are nutrients in vegetables/fruits that arent in animal foods:

• +1
Reactions: SteveRogers
how are these studies flawed? I'd like to know

btw there are nutrients in vegetables/fruits that arent in animal foods:

To reference your linked article; vitamin C IS in animal foods, at low doses, you don’t need as much vitamin C as is recommended to you (if you follow a relatively low sugar animal based diet), as sugar cancels our vitamin C - so the only reason why plant based people (every single normie) have to have copious amount of C is to balance out the sugar.
This is common knowledge btw^
The other 2 (jfl it said 10 and there’s 3) are flavonoids (massive cancer inducing ANTI nutrients and fibre (I’m sure that if you’re on this website you’re aware of how detrimental fibre is to your health) to start you’ll have stomach pain for hours and hour if you eat more than 6ish grams in a sitting, it is completely indigestible and will bloat you 7 months pregnant, jfl at thinking that’s healthy.

That was a stupid fucking article.

• +1
Reactions: Alexperreira and CyprusGD
Why?

Sources?
Millions of years of human history.
I honestly can’t be assed replying, you have countless threads and users backing a carnivore diet.
All I will say is; what do you naturally like to eat? If you say you enjoy broccoli, good! Have some raw, of course you’ll vomit and be disgusted. Now try it again with some raw liver or raw muscle meat, tastes good, right? (Obviously at first you’ll be like hell fucking no, but when you man up and actually take a bite, you’ll be as surprised as I was, the most delicious shit on earth)
I can’t help you if you don’t want to help yourself.

To reference your linked article; vitamin C IS in animal foods, at low doses, you don’t need as much vitamin C as is recommended to you (if you follow a relatively low sugar animal based diet), as sugar cancels our vitamin C - so the only reason why plant based people (every single normie) have to have copious amount of C is to balance out the sugar.
This is common knowledge btw^
The other 2 (jfl it said 10 and there’s 3) are flavonoids (massive cancer inducing ANTI nutrients and fibre (I’m sure that if you’re on this website you’re aware of how detrimental fibre is to your health) to start you’ll have stomach pain for hours and hour if you eat more than 6ish grams in a sitting, it is completely indigestible and will bloat you 7 months pregnant, jfl at thinking that’s healthy.

That was a stupid fucking article.
Millions of years of human history.
I honestly can’t be assed replying, you have countless threads and users backing a carnivore diet.
All I will say is; what do you naturally like to eat? If you say you enjoy broccoli, good! Have some raw, of course you’ll vomit and be disgusted. Now try it again with some raw liver or raw muscle meat, tastes good, right? (Obviously at first you’ll be like hell fucking no, but when you man up and actually take a bite, you’ll be as surprised as I was, the most delicious shit on earth)
I can’t help you if you don’t want to help yourself.
"can't be assed replying"

> proceeds to write multiple paragraphs without a single source

@TsarTsar444 what else is missing from here?

I'm copy-pasting this from previous arguments I've had with multiple users here regarding plants.

Vitamin A is synthesized from β-Carotene, which is abundantly found in plant sources.

B6 is abundantly found in plant sources. Put 3 bananas in a blender and you already have as much as a whey protein concentrate:

B12-producing bacteria is found in dirt and pond water (the same place other mammals get it from). Cyanobacteria-rich pond water and dirt have more (which is where mammals get their B12 from).

Vitamin D is found in lichen and mushrooms (or just synthesized by being out in the sun). Lichen has more.

Vitamin K2 is abundant in multiple fermented plant sources. Cooked Natto has significantly more.

Creatine is synthesized naturally in humans (and isn't considered an essential dietary amino acid).

Carnitine is synthesized naturally in humans (and isn't considered an essential dietary amino acid).

Carnosine is synthesized naturally in humans (and isn't considered an essential dietary amino acid).

Taurine is synthesized naturally in humans (and isn't considered an essential dietary amino acid).

Non-heme iron absorbs less proficiently, but there is a positive correlation between heme iron consumption and cancer risk.

#Creatine supplementation didn't alter creatine levels in the
🧠
in both #vegetarians and non-vegetarians (& baseline levels were very similar)
🤔
. However, veggies saw significantly greater increases of creatine in muscles (this has been replicated by several other studies).

Among SDA populations, positive growth outcomes among children with vegetarian diet have been identified. In a cross-sectional study of 2272 children (n = 1090 vegetarian) aged 6 to 17 years, males with vegetarian diet were, on average, 1.6 cm taller (P <.01) and females had 0.43 lower BMI (P = .01) when compared with children with nonvegetarian diet.51 In another cross-sectional study of 1765 children (n = 870 SDA) aged 7 to 18 years, Sabate et al52 found those following a vegetarian diet were, on average, 2.5 and 2.0 cm taller for males and females, respectively.

Vegetarians/vegans children are more robust and non-obese. non meat eaters + vegans are combined in these studies but i suspect vegans to outperform vegetarians for height/optimal growth. *as long as they keep their protein consumtion high with tofu and protein powder

https://disboard.org/server/437759358206738432 here is discord sever with many(all) vegan debunk sources

Vegan health outcomes are good but heavily underestimated as most dont start until age 25-40 . Its important to be fully vegan from birth with a vegetarian/vegan mother

• So Sad
Reactions: wollet2

Vegetarians/vegans children are more robust and non-obese. non meat eaters + vegans are combined in these studies but i suspect vegans to outperform vegetarians for height/optimal growth. *as long as they keep their protein consumtion high with tofu and protein powder

https://disboard.org/server/437759358206738432 here is discord sever with many(all) vegan debunk sources

Creatine supplementation didn't change PCR in the brain in both omnivores and vegetarians. It notably increased PCR in muscles though for vegetarians. I'm not sure what that Twitter user is trying to suggest.

Creatine supplementation didn't change PCR in the brain in both omnivores and vegetarians. It notably increased PCR in muscles though for vegetarians. I'm not sure what that Twitter user is trying to suggest.
is saying, al though the common referenced "IQ boost from creatine for vegs" isnt real/doesnt stay, creatine supplementation is very important for vegans. Unessential amino acids have benefits IDK the point of mentioning how theyr unessential?

most important vegan supplements:
  • multivitamin
  • b12
  • creatine
  • taurine
  • protein powder (high protein specifically benefits vegans)-v-whey protein or plant protein powder
  • seed oil for fat soluble vitamin absorption and calories

EX-vegan phenomenon of feeling better after quitting veganism must be explained. VERY IMPORTANT

They're cheap...
I've already had this argument with others, and then it devolves into the nutrients, anti nutrients and bioavailability of nutrients (of plants) arguments, so by implication I can introduce these arguments to you.
Having said that, on account of similar discussion with others and now you, I did give veganism a good go but I felt noticeably bad. So often I have expressed this to vegans and I'm met with your arguments: "Have fun dying of heart disease, lmao retard."
I find it intellectually dishonest and at odds with what vegans want to present - caring for all life on earth, kindness etc.
Give my disclosure of what I ate, are you really saying that my lack of b12 consumption was the principle cause of my sluggish, tired, nauseous feelings? Do you have any other suggestions? I'd like the vegan diet to work but I simply didn't feel as good as when I consumed meat, diary and poultry.
I meant to post this in your other thread.

Last edited:
creatine supplementation is very important for vegans. Unessential amino acids have benefits IDK the point of mentioning how theyr unessential?
Except that creatine supplementation boosted the muscle metric for vegetarians much higher than both the control and test groups for omnivores.

• +1
Reactions: Crusile
are you really saying that my lack of b12 consumption was the cause of my sluggish, tired, nauseous feeling?
Vitamin B12 deficiency can potentially cause severe and irreversible damage, especially to the brain and nervous system.[6][21] At levels only slightly lower than normal, a range of symptoms such as feeling tired, weak, feeling like one may faint, dizziness, breathlessness, headaches, mouth ulcers, upset stomach, decreased appetite, difficulty walking (staggering balance problems),[12][22] muscle weakness, depression, poor memory, poor reflexes, confusion, and pale skin, feeling abnormal sensations, among others, may be experienced, especially in people over age 60.[6][12][23] Vitamin B12 deficiency can also cause symptoms of mania and psychosis.[24][25] Among other problems, weakened immunity, reduced fertility and interruption of blood circulation in women may occur.[26]

The main type of vitamin B12 deficiency anemia is pernicious anemia.[27] It is characterized by a triad of symptoms:

1. Anemia with bone marrow promegaloblastosis (megaloblastic anemia). This is due to the inhibition of DNA synthesis (specifically purines and thymidine).
  2. Gastrointestinal symptoms: alteration in bowel motility, such as mild diarrhea or constipation, and loss of bladder or bowel control.[28] These are thought to be due to defective DNA synthesis inhibiting replication in tissue sites with a high turnover of cells. This may also be due to the autoimmune attack on the parietal cells of the stomach in pernicious anemia. There is an association with gastric antral vascular ectasia (which can be referred to as watermelon stomach), and pernicious anemia.[29]
  3. Neurological symptoms: sensory or motor deficiencies (absent reflexes, diminished vibration or soft touch sensation) and subacute combined degeneration of the spinal cord.[30] Deficiency symptoms in children include developmental delay, regression, irritability, involuntary movements and hypotonia.[31]

By implication you are saying that 3 months of a vegan diet and no b12 consumption through animal products, (when presumably, full/healthy, beforehand) caused these acute feelings? I can't find anything to address this but maybe you can?

By implication you are saying that 3 months of no b12 consumption (when presumably, full/healthy, beforehand) caused these acute feelings?
Probably after three months of practically no B12 consumption, you would register as being deficient on a blood test (but you haven't shown your results, so I'm speculating).

Probably after three months of practically no B12 consumption, you would register as being deficient on a blood test (but you haven't shown your results, so I'm speculating).
Yes, its interesting. I'd be willing to give it a go again to find out, but I doubt it.
It takes around 6 months - 12 months to treat b12 deficiency but you are implying that my experience was caused by 3 months of deficiency, which is inconsistent.

However, it is interesting to note that here it is recommended that those deficient get b12 injections every 3 months sometimes even 2.
https://ada.com/conditions/vitamin-b12-deficiency/

The only logic I can find, is that as I previously had a high b12/animal product diet, the drastic change in diet, meant my body struggled to adapt quickly, causing rapid, noticeably change in quality of life.

Last edited:
Yes, its interesting. I'd be willing to give it a go again to find out, but I doubt it.
It takes around 6 months - 12 months to treat b12 deficiency but you are implying that my experience was caused by 3 months of deficiency, which is inconsistent.

However, it is interesting to note that here it is recommended that people like vegans get 3 months b12 injections.
https://ada.com/conditions/vitamin-b12-deficiency/
The only logic I can find, is that as I previously had a high b12/animal product diet, the drastic change in diet, meant my body struggled to adapt quickly, causing rapid, noticeably change in quality of life.
This list may also have some merit, but B12 is the only deficiency that really stands out:
most important vegan supplements:
  • multivitamin
  • b12
  • creatine
  • taurine
  • protein powder (high protein specifically benefits vegans)-v-whey protein or plant protein powder
  • seed oil for fat soluble vitamin absorption and calories

EX-vegan phenomenon of feeling better after quitting veganism must be explained. VERY IMPORTANT

• +1
Reactions: Crusile and sub6manletnozygos
Plant mega thread GTFIH

• JFL
Reactions: malicieusss
Everyone enjoying their slow death here? :feelsohh:

Just starve your body and supplement with synthetic vitamins you could easily get from animal fats theory.

Everyone enjoying their slow death here? :feelsohh:
Just starve your body and supplement with synthetic vitamins you could easily get from animal fats theory.
[IMG alt="malicieusss"]https://looksmax.org/data/avatars/l/20/20312.jpg?1675605370[/IMG]

malicieusss

Mouthbreathing ruins faces.​

• JFL
Reactions: malicieusss
Vegan health outcomes are good but heavily underestimated as most dont start until age 25-40 . Its important to be fully vegan from birth with a vegetarian/vegan mother
do you think 23 is too late if uve been eating scorched red meats for 7 years

• +1
Red meat is the most toxic substance on earth, I would rather eat oreos + twinkies +cola
for sure, especially the highly cooked - scorched one.

• +1