No One My Age Is Cultured In Fine Arts

ChadL1te

ChadL1te

Hardstuck MTN
Almost no one my age(19) is cultured about any form of fucking media its annoying. Its like I have to put on a facade or just lie anytime pop culture comes up. Nobody watches any good fucking movies,tv, anime, or reads any good novels, philosophy, manga, etc. These peoples fav medias are like the avengers or they think Jujutsu Kaisen is the peak of anime.

Complete clown show.

• +1
  • JFL
  • WTF
Reactions: watah, Litekiller11, Pollorex and 8 others
@HarrierDuBois @NorwoodAscender

• +1
Reactions: nathan
I dropped the facade long ago, and now I get treated with more respect than before.
Although I am very individualistic naturally, I just embrace the separation from the crowd as a means for further ascension.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Pollorex, ChadL1te and nathan
Okay buddy

• +1
People have lives

• +1
Almost no one my age(19) is cultured about any form of fucking media its annoying. Its like I have to put on a facade or just lie anytime pop culture comes up. Nobody watches any good fucking movies,tv, anime, or reads any good novels, philosophy, manga, etc. These peoples fav medias are like the avengers or they think Jujutsu Kaisen is the peak of anime.

Complete clown show.
craziest thing is that i’m realistically top 1% of people where im from in this regard and you completely blow me out of the water

• +1
Reactions: ChadL1te, ey88 and nathan
People have lives
Idiotic take, most normies spend most of their time on TikTok or consuming normie shit:forcedsmile:Some kid in my marketing class said Joe Goldberg was his favourite fictional character

• JFL
Reactions: ey88
craziest thing is that i’m realistically top 1% of people where im from in this regard and you completely blow me out of the water
Literally lol, but tbf i've been deep into for many years. Been reading literary novels and watching prestige film since i was like 15

I dropped the facade long ago, and now I get treated with more respect than before.
Although I am very individualistic naturally, I just embrace the separation from the crowd as a means for further ascension.
I respect that but i cant bring myself to do it. people wont understand

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
drop ur letterboxd rn

• +1
Reactions: greycel and ChadL1te

Complete clown show.
Jjk is the worst thing ever and the ending is even worse no one knows what good writing is anymore

• +1
Reactions: ChadL1te
i just throw on a show as background noise to fuck my girl to its not that complicated

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: ChadL1te and depressionmaxxing
I respect that but i cant bring myself to do it. people wont understand
When they won't understand they also begin idolizing you to some extent since you do.

• +1
Reactions: ChadL1te and depressionmaxxing
Im really niche with whatever i do.
Great personality with shitty looks innit

• +1
Me with history, genealogy, race biology, politics etc

• +1
Me with history, genealogy, race biology, politics etc
Thats fair enough, Im not super knowledgeable about these but still a gap above normies, especially in history

• +1
Reactions: asia
ss first page sorted by your highest ranked
Eh i have a lot of 5 starts from when i first installed the app and gave everything high ratings lemme just list some of my favs

Memento,oldboy,The 7th seal, 12Angry men, American Beauty, The Hunt, Magnolia, The Master, the revenant, ACO, after hours, la haine, donnie darko

valid?:feelsping:

• +1
Reactions: yue and NZb6Air
Thats fair enough, Im not super knowledgeable about these but still a gap above normies, especially in history
Yeah everyone has their own interest which is fine, but goddamn the people around me are complete zombies it's infuriating. And if you ever bring up history or politics or anything similar it gets shut down instantly, like they don't care at all. They wanna talk about stupid bullshit all day

• +1
I watch cartoons ☺️

• JFL
Reactions: greycel and NZb6Air
i'm older than you hahahaaaah

• Hmm...
Eh i have a lot of 5 starts from when i first installed the app and gave everything high ratings lemme just list some of my favs

Memento,oldboy,The 7th seal, 12Angry men, American Beauty, The Hunt, Magnolia, The Master, the revenant, ACO, after hours, la haine, donnie darko

ye decent besides 7th seal, aco, donnie darko themaster(pure dogshit)

• +1
Yeah everyone has their own interest which is fine, but goddamn the people around me are complete zombies it's infuriating. And if you ever bring up history or politics or anything similar it gets shut down instantly, like they don't care at all. They wanna talk about stupid bullshit all day
Yeah I also never bring up history around anyone, nobody knows anything and they think its 'boring'

• +1
Reactions: asia
  • +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
I can see hate for 7thSeal and ACO but why DD?
dogshit no plot + shit on the mic type ending to compensate for the giga lack of substance

• +1
Yeah I also never bring up history around anyone, nobody knows anything and they think its 'boring'
Personally I always entertain someone I'm around when they talk about their interests, like movies in your case, instead of ignoring it or shutting it down. As in I try to learn, ask questions etc even if I'm not extremely interested. Unfortunately normies won't do the same, not to me atleast.

• +1
favs?

congratulations.
Over the Garden Wall, Adventure Time, The Amazing world of Gumball, Midnight Gospel

I am not an intellectual, I can only enjoy simple stuff

• +1
dogshit no plot + shit on the mic type ending to compensate for the giga lack of substance
I guess all that is fair enough, but either way Im a fan of its direction and dialogue.

Your favs?

• +1
Reactions: NZb6Air
Over the Garden Wall, Adventure Time, The Amazing world of Gumball, Midnight Gospel

I am not an intellectual, I can only enjoy simple stuff
Brutal comprehension pill, but Im a big of OTGW and regular show:feelsgood:

• +1
Reactions: N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
Brutal comprehension pill, but Im a big of OTGW and regular show:feelsgood:
Not that I can't understand but I just heavily enjoy children's feel good cartoons and other similar media

There are episodes of Regulsr Show I can't watch when characters argue, it hurts my head for some reason

• +1
Not that I can't understand but I just heavily enjoy children's feel good cartoons and other similar media

There are episodes of Regulsr Show I can't watch when characters argue, it hurts my head for some reason
Interesting

• +1
Reactions: N9wiff•˚₊‧⋆.
No , you just rapidly define them to look superior and different ,so the other humans

IMG 20240526 WA0001

• Hmm...
No , you just rapidly define them to look superior and different ,so the other humans

View attachment 3169336
Incorrect, It has nothing to do with feeling superior. Its annoyance I cant talk about my interests with most of my peers.

Lets use our brain instead od some cheap reply for reps.

fuck yea donnie darko

• Hmm...
Incorrect, It has nothing to do with feeling superior. Its annoyance I cant talk about my interests with most of my peers.

Lets use our brain instead od some cheap reply for reps.
My last care is reps on this forum , just look at my post/rep ratio do you see me farm reps ?
You look down on them
Think you are culturally better than them because of the genre of the media you consume
If you were really not feeling superior you would have constructed your phrase but not in a superior manner and superior words
There's nothing about you wanting to be better than them don't get me wrong

My last care is reps on this forum , just look at my post/rep ratio do you see me farm reps ?
You look down on them
Think you are culturally better than them because of the genre of the media you consume
If you were really not feeling superior you would have constructed your phrase but not in a superior manner and superior words
There's nothing about you wanting to be better than them don't get me wrong
I dont blame them for the genre of media consume, but it bothers me that they do not expand their tatses

I dont necessarily think im above them in any way.

• +1
Reactions: Litekiller11
Ikiru is amaing, but get American psycho away from those good films
Lol I kept my rating of it when I originally saw it, which was about six years ago

• +1
I dont blame them for the genre of media consume, but it bothers me that they do not expand their tatses

I dont necessarily think im above them in any way.
They maybe be better in other things that would impress you

The fact that you can't find any common ground with people is on you. You're also probably judging people too quick. You see, they might think the exact same thing. People talk mainstream. However, if you keep talking to some of them, you'd be surprised. Sometimes you mention one specific thing and it rolls. I know you're not special because I talk to people, you just need to break the barrier.

What are ur thoughts on attack on titan? I think season 3 part 2 is some of the best television I’ve ever seen. Yea ending was gay and there are plot holes but that show was awesome asf not to mention the music is so fucking underrated. I honestly haven’t been able to watch any other anime’s since AOt ended

• +1
What are ur thoughts on attack on titan? I think season 3 part 2 is some of the best television I’ve ever seen. Yea ending was gay and there are plot holes but that show was awesome asf not to mention the music is so fucking underrated. I honestly haven’t been able to watch any other anime’s since AOt ended
It’s a bit overhyped IMO, I’m not a fan of Eren as a character but yes that stretch you mentioned is amazing.

Code geass victim tho

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover