Nothing feels enough I'm drowning in FOMO

C

chrisN

Turbomanlet Enjoyer
-No matter how I spend my summer I feel like I'm missing out, just got back from a 2 week vacation and still I feel I need to do more

-Got 2 parties coming up but then I consider if the people there are even worth hanging out with

-Also looking for a car and although I do all the checks I still feel like I should be looking into each car far more than I am

-When revising for my final exams, even after studying 3 months in advance I still felt like I hadnt done enough even though I did more than 95% of people

-I feel like everyone is better than me and gets genuine enjoyment from shit

-I dont ever recall feeling genuinely happy and comfortable. Inferiority complex? I feel like its justified in the looks department but its not only looks I feel inferior in but everyone I see I feel like they lifemog me

-I plan to get genio and worry if its the correct procedure for me

-Have I spiralled into becoming more and more non-nt? Its not even because of this forum because its always been this way.

How do I fix this?

@badg96 welcome me into non-nt heaven when the time comes

@HimmyButler @Sens @5.5psl @HarrierDuBois @Artemis @reptiles

Sad pablo lonely

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl, Artemis, Deleted member 23218 and 1 other person
Normie go to Reddit

• +1
Reactions: chadcel;
nigga I have never used reddit, this environment is the only place where you get actual input
The avg user here would die for your social life, fuck off

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Foreverbrad, chadcel; and chrisN
Sometimes FOMO is a snowball effect, the more you do the more you miss out on doing and the less you do the less you care.
Iirc FOMO was invented by reasonable popular normies and used in that context not by or for incels or general outcasts.
And no I'm not saying you should do less than you do I have just noticed this pattern.

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
golden billion problems, bro

can't help here

• +1
Reactions: chrisN
Sometimes FOMO is a snowball effect, the more you do the more you miss out on doing and the less you do the less you care.
Iirc FOMO was invented by reasonable popular normies and used in that context not by or for incels or general outcasts.
And no I'm not saying you should do less than you do I have just noticed this pattern.
Do you think that eventually you stop caring? Wont doing less make you feel even worse since youd be constantly thinking you could be doing more for myself tho?

Do you think that eventually you stop caring? Wont doing less make you feel even worse since youd be constantly thinking you could be doing more for myself tho?
You talking about your exam preparations makes me think your problem moreso lies in perfectionism and anxiety rather than FOMO.

OP need to be grateful

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl, rg1235, chrisN and 1 other person
not everything needs to go perfectly dude, life just happens as it happens. almost everyone feels like that. get ur genio and slay . make a goal to work towards and then just autopilot life on your way there

-No matter how I spend my summer I feel like I'm missing out, just got back from a 2 week vacation and still I feel I need to do more

-Got 2 parties coming up but then I consider if the people there are even worth hanging out with

-Also looking for a car and although I do all the checks I still feel like I should be looking into each car far more than I am

-When revising for my final exams, even after studying 3 months in advance I still felt like I hadnt done enough even though I did more than 95% of people

-I dont ever recall feeling genuinely happy and comfortable. Inferiority complex? I feel like its justified in the looks department but its not only looks I feel inferior in but everyone I see I feel like they lifemog me

-Have I spiralled into becoming more and more non-nt? Its not even because of this forum because its always been this way.

How do I fix this?

View attachment 2331490
High prenatal t mindset gotta be the best at everything but that leads to neuroticism

• Love it
OP need to be grateful
My life isnt enjoyable whatsoever
You talking about your exam preparations makes me think your problem moreso lies in perfectionism and anxiety rather than FOMO.
Its cus there will always be someone better than me and living a better life than me

Idk nigga go see a therapist or sumn

High prenatal t mindset gotta be the best at everything but that leads to neuroticism
No way im not low T. I feel inferior to everyone around me though physically (5,5) and mentally since I dont get to enjoy shit.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 23218
Just talk to your friends and family about it or what you've done during the summer and stuff, you most likely did way more than them anyway

• +1
Just talk to your friends and family about it or what you've done during the summer and stuff, you most likely did way more than them anyway
Dont like any of them. I feel like friends can be improved too tbh ones a fat fuck and the other is a NEET, these arent good people to be around

OP need to be grateful
Hard to be when everyone around you seems to lifemog you. All depends on your environment tbh

Dont like any of them. I feel like friends can be improved too tbh ones a fat fuck and the other is a NEET, these arent good people to be around
Don't you have any "day 1" old friends you talk to brah

Hard to be when everyone around you seems to lifemog you. All depends on your environment tbh
"Seems" doesn't mean they do, I understand this feeling but with celebrities/instagram people and stuff but it's different irl

Apart from not having a social life I am objectively doing really well and should be happy, Im sure most people people would trade places with me given the option.

However I am not happy at all and IDGAF about all my achievements and bs, its all just cope

• +1
i stopped feeling fomo after undergrad for some reason

Apart from not having a social life I am objectively doing really well and should be happy, Im sure most people people would trade places with me given the option.

However I am not happy at all and IDGAF about all my achievements and bs, its all just cope
relatable

nigha u got a 2 week vacation, planning parties and have enough money to have interest in buying cars. OP u need to be grateful

• +1
nigha u got a 2 week vacation, planning parties and have enough money to have interest in buying cars. OP u need to be grateful
I should be but Im not, people I know went to more luxurious and beautiful places. Feel like a narcy asshole who needs to be better than anyone else to feel good about myself

Its cus there will always be someone better than me and living a better life than me
Those "behind" you today may be more successful than you in 2 years, those "ahead" of you today may be cold in the ground in 5 years, there is no one to compare yourself to, you are moving in your pace, that is the only pace you must look over.

• +1
Those "behind" you today may be more successful than you in 2 years, those "ahead" of you today may be cold in the ground in 5 years, there is no one to compare yourself to, you are moving in your pace, that is the only pace you must look over.
Healthy philosophy to have but its hard follow when people can be ahead of you your entire life and you will fall behind your peers. I dont want to be the one getting mogged in any form of way.

Healthy philosophy to have but its hard follow when people can be ahead of you your entire life and you will fall behind your peers. I dont want to be the one getting mogged in any form of way.
View attachment 2331615
Live in the present.

• +1

How do I fix this?

View attachment 2331490
over for us. we need ropemax