NW0 at Age 25, will I ever go bald?

JamesHowlett

JamesHowlett

Retiring from Looksmaxxing after I’m lean
My hairline is very narrow and also low; I shave it regularly, with stubble coming back in a few days. The rest of my hair is very thick. I am 25 years old.

My Mum has no brothers but her dad who is in his 80’s still has a full head of albeit thin hair.

My Dad and his 2 brothers are all in their 60’s with full heads of hair and NW1 hairlines.

Is it still possible for me to go bald?

Yes ur hair depends on your moms side

• WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 616, Zeta ascended and CopingCel
Yes ur hair depends on your moms side
Thought it was both? Well, the only male in her family has full head of thin hair in his 80’s

worst case scenario you go to a thick NW2/2.5 which is absolutely adequate for an older age.

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers and CopingCel
Really? Is this true in any case?

MPB is polygenic and quite complex, there is only one study that shows that the X chromosome related genes are more important iirc. Rule of thumb is if you have any male relatives with MPB, you should be vigilant.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: 6'4 looksmaxxxer, Deleted member 3832, Deleted member 1862 and 3 others
Really? Is this true in any case?
The balding gene is inherited from the X gene that you receive from your mother. As you know a female is an XX and a male XY. If the male inherits the X gene from the mother that has the balding gene, then he will go bald. If the male inherits the X genes that doesn't have the balding gene, then he won't go bald. Women can go bald too but they need to have the balding gene on both X genes. So if your mother is old and has very good hair genetics despite having a bald father, then the chances of you going bald is 50%. Simply because one of her X genes has good hair genes has good hair genetics and the other X that she received from her father has the balding gene or else her father wouldn't have gone bald.

@Mayorga
@Selfahate

• Woah
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4310, Mayorga and Ethnicope
The balding gene is inherited from the X gene that you receive from your mother. As you know a female is an XX and a male XY. If the male inherits the X gene from the mother that has the balding gene, then he will go bald. If the male inherits the X genes that doesn't have the balding gene, then he won't go bald. Women can go bald too but they need to have the balding gene on both X genes. So if your mother is old and has very good hair genetics despite having a bald father, then the chances of you going bald is 50%. Simply because one of her X genes has good hair genes has good hair genetics and the other X that she received from her father has the balding gene or else her father wouldn't have gone bald.

@Mayorga
@Selfahate
4 digit IQ post

• JFL
Reactions: Almu

@Mayorga
@Selfahate

as I said eariler, AGA is polygenic, there is no "balding gene"

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3990
@Almu Looking at my OP, what are the chances that I go bald?

@Mayorga
@Selfahate
Also their is not good hair gene are hairs important for human survival

@Mayorga
@Selfahate
My mother's parents both have insane hair at 70/80

@Mayorga
@Selfahate
This is true for me except that my mother's father still has NW0/NW1 despite being almost 80 years old. My father is in his mid 50's and has NW1.5.

Am I in the clear?
My mother's parents both have insane hair at 70/80
Same hope we're safe

Last edited:
maybe

my dad was nw0 til like 45 and is nw2 with very thin hair now.

@Mayorga
@Selfahate

I am balding because of my father exclusively. My mother’s father was nw0.5 at age 80.

:lul: :lul: :lul:
I would have given you credits if I knew where i had it from. I just had a screenshot of the text.
I forgive you for being honest, but still not 100% forgiven for calling me a bitch.

• Woah
Reactions: Almu