OldRooster reviews old movies that have no black people: "Wayne's World"

OldRooster

OldRooster

Get off my lawn!
1st in a Series.
Released in 1992 and set in Aurora IL, the movie is centered around Wayne and Garth, two stoners in their early 20s that broadcast a cable access TV show from Wayne's basement. The movie is actually a spin off from a popular Saturday Night Live sketch.
iu

This period piece showcases many noteworthy memes of the time, such as the AMC Pacer automobile, Aerosmith shirts, hair bands, torn jeans, Stairway to Heaven, and the Laverne and Shirley TV show.
iu
iu

The cast includes Tia Carrie as a Rock Singer and Wayne's love interest in probably the best performance of her career. And Rob Lowe as a sleazy agent.
iu
iu
iu

I give this comedy 8 inches out of 10.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: n0rthface, Yliaster, GabachoCopium and 1 other person
rob looked so good in this

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Yliaster and OldRooster
No blacks = bad movies

• +1
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur, Ricky212, Yliaster and 1 other person
Good idea @OldRooster please continue doing these reviews.

I enjoyed Waynes World but it's been a while since I've seen it. Might give it a rewatch soon.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: OldRooster, murdah, Yliaster and 1 other person
classic film

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: OldRooster and murdah
Ironically Stacy is the name of Wayne' ex girlfriend that stalks him throughout the movie. Played by Laura Flynn Boyle, her small breasted 19 BMI figure was not uncommon in 1992, and it was not completely off target to suggest that a girl like her could have dated a guy like Wayne. But in 2024 the audience would never buy such a pairing. Bonus: I don't recall seeing any fat women in the movie, even among the extras.
012-WaynesWorld25th-Faces.jpg

For some reason the movie has spawned a large number of "Then and Now" youtubes. This is the best one that I have seen. Spoiler: I have already outlived 3 of the cast members.

• +1
Reactions: radicalrationalist

the only wayne world i know

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: PrinceLuenLeoncur, OldRooster and murdah

Users who are viewing this thread

Back