Open bite straight after bimax?

P

politically correct

Bronze
Hey,

So I'm 5 days post bimax, currently still very swollen, and have very strong elastics in to try to align my jaws in their new bite

I was a surgery first case and didnt have malloclusion before surgery, this was purely cosmetic

I'm noticing at first that even with elastics in super tight i cant get my front teeth to close together, theres maybe a 2mm gap

Is this normal? Anyone else who had bimax have this?

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss, Mr.Proper and Corleone
029D0926 4D2E 4CE5 9118 D294F9E42B8A

If these two teeth don't overlap and remain the same way they appear to be seated in the image then I don't think you can close your anterior open bite until you have had orthodontics done. It prevents the bite from closing down, I have something similarly at the moment and I have an anterior open bite from it. Obviously I don't know whether my observation is correct or not, I could be tricked by the photo, please confirm if I'm right or wrong on whether your teeth that are marked clash or if there's a proper overjet there.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 8771 and Corleone
WTF? Like you don't even braces? JFL wtf is this. Every "surgery first" expererience that i've seen ended rather miserably, the maxfacs i already saw told me it was basically a meme and that orthodontics decompression was necessary. My teeth are sligtly crowded, but holly fck how did your surgeon even operate on you with that.

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss
If these two teeth don't overlap and remain the same way they appear to be seated in the image then I don't think you can close your anterior open bite until you have had orthodontics done. It prevents the bite from closing down, I have something similarly at the moment and I have an anterior open bite from it. Obviously I don't know whether my observation is correct or not, I could be tricked by the photo, please confirm if I'm right or wrong on whether your teeth that are marked clash or if there's a proper overjet there.
View attachment 2126527
I think thats a trick of the photo, there is an overjet there, its more just that i cant physically rotate the front part of my teeth down, like the mandible and maxilla arent aligned or something because my back teeth close first

WTF? Like you don't even braces? JFL wtf is this. Every "surgery first" expererience that i've seen ended rather miserably, the maxfacs i already saw told me it was basically a meme and that orthodontics decompression was necessary. My teeth are sligtly crowded, but holly fck how did your surgeon even operate on you with that.

This was me pre surgery

Below is the plan

I have less crowding that you and literally every maxfac i've seen told me i needed othodontic anyways. And my midline is centered too.

I have less crowding that you and literally every maxfac i've seen told me i needed othodontic anyways. And my midline is centered too.
what surgeons have u been to

Some dudes in france.

Keep us updated OP.

Keep us updated OP.
Significantly improved, had a follow up with Dr Ramieri who said we're nearly there. Although when i take the bands off my teeth are open at the front, now when I wear the bands my teeth close properly.

Dr Ramieri said I need another week or so with bands then it should be ok. On monday they will put new screws in my gums near the front and put the bands on those just to close the front 2 incisors, the current set are anchored behind my canines

I massively underestimated how uncomfortable elastics are, mine are now so tight its like biting down on a piece of wood 24 hours a day

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
I massively underestimated how uncomfortable elastics are, mine are now so tight its like biting down on a piece of wood 24 hours a day
Hoping everything turns out fine and your recovery goes well

1680972481163-jpeg.2143112

Current bite at 16 days post, huge improvement

Unfortunately the chlorhexidine has stained one of my teeth

How are the results looking? Still curious on the jaw widening.
honestly better than i could have imagined, Dr Ramieri did an amazing job and it looks like the planning was really good

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and BrownEyesWD