oral minoxidil and laser hair removal: any experiences?

L

louisboyard160793

Silver
ok a bit of context
30 yo french guy and i have been on dutasteride + topical minoxidil for almost 10 years. unfortunately i have terrible diffuse thinning of peace...
i know oral minoxidil could save me but i tried it 2 years ago at 1.25 mg and developped crazy hypertrichosis ( all body and face , like hair everywhere on back/ shoulder etc) .
i have a really good body for my age ( shredded and lean ), and this is one of my asset, and i am lucky to be hairless ( thanks to dutasteride).
i already tried electrolysis last year on my face and developped pitted scar ( fortunately with the use of tretinoin its way better).
so i don't know if laser hair removal could maybe work?
many dermatologist in france told me laser would cause paradoxical growth on face, and as long as i keep taking the oral min it would keep on regrowing0....

so here is the dilemna being bald but with no body/facial hair / or being a damn monke with hair everywhere but wit scalp hair... thanks and sorry for the wall of text

• +1
Reactions: kuroganeikki, beypazarisoda0 and lasnt
many dermatologist in france told me laser would cause paradoxical growth on face, and as long as i keep taking the oral min it would keep on regrowing0....
Lol at this.

Laser does NOT cause anything rofl. I did 8 sessions, and it removes hair safely. The problem is: it does not remove ALL of it, unlike electrolysis. But on the other hand, no sides...

Also, they are right in a sense that if you continue oral minox, you will continue growing hair everywhere. Because minox acts on stem cells. You grow new hairs constantly.

Also, laser works ONLY if you have white skin and dark hair. The darker your skin is, and the lighter your hair is, the less useful the laser would be.

• Love it
Reactions: pneumocystosis
sSme argue botox to the scalp can reverse thinning, if the underlying mechanism for balding is muscle tightness. Consider looking into this, though there isn't much research into it.

Lol at this.

Laser does NOT cause anything rofl. I did 8 sessions, and it removes hair safely. The problem is: it does not remove ALL of it, unlike electrolysis. But on the other hand, no sides...

Also, they are right in a sense that if you continue oral minox, you will continue growing hair everywhere. Because minox acts on stem cells. You grow new hairs constantly.

Also, laser works ONLY if you have white skin and dark hair. The darker your skin is, and the lighter your hair is, the less useful the laser would be.

ok so here are the questions bro:
i know laser without taking minox would work, but i read ncbi studies showing that laser doesn't kill the follicle entirely , so minoxidil itself would cause the hair to regrow again and again
secondly i grow hair everywhere on face from oral min ( really everywhere), both dark and vellu , and laser could cause paradoxical growth ( turning vellu onto terminak)
i did electrolysis once and this shit is the worst procedure ever ! ( got mad pitting scar , you can check one of my former thread) maybe i had a bad technician? but i don't want to take the risk again ( i had to wait 1 year of tretinoin to reduce the scar and its a miracle they disapeared, it was bad holes )

you think i could take oral min , wait 6 month to see the ful extent of the hypertrichosis and laser all the unwanted hair? thanks for your help

Lol at this.

and yes its crazy i am unlucky, because i had the less body hair a guy of 30 yo could have really.... and minoxidil grow haiur everywhere on each pores of my body bro

• So Sad
Reactions: Artemis
Mi
sorry for the gay pic ( it was to send for a girl ), you see i have a " twink" body type, so body hair is not a good thing for me and summer is the only season i can show it a bit , but with oral minoxidil i grow haireverywhere ( shoulder / back/ belly costal grid ..° crazy

• Woah
Reactions: MadTwatter
ok so here are the questions bro:
i know laser without taking minox would work, but i read ncbi studies showing that laser doesn't kill the follicle entirely , so minoxidil itself would cause the hair to regrow again and again
Idk if it kills of the follicle completely, all i know, that less and less hair grows with each session. However, even after 8 sessions, i have hairs. so it definitely is not working at once.
secondly i grow hair everywhere on face from oral min ( really everywhere), both dark and vellu , and laser could cause paradoxical growth ( turning vellu onto terminak)
Not sure if this is true tbh.
i did electrolysis once and this shit is the worst procedure ever ! ( got mad pitting scar , you can check one of my former thread) maybe i had a bad technician? but i don't want to take the risk again ( i had to wait 1 year of tretinoin to reduce the scar and its a miracle they disapeared, it was bad holes )
No, electrolysis is well known to cause severe skin inflammation and scarring sometimes. Also painful. no one even recommends it anymore.
you think i could take oral min , wait 6 month to see the ful extent of the hypertrichosis and laser all the unwanted hair? thanks for your help
maybe... i never took oral minox. But i think new hairs will still grow. so no matter the timeline, you ill be getting more and more hairs.

Idk if it kills of the follicle completely, all i know, that less and less hair grows with each session. However, even after 8 sessions, i have hairs. so it definitely is not working at once.

Not sure if this is true tbh.

No, electrolysis is well known to cause severe skin inflammation and scarring sometimes. Also painful. no one even recommends it anymore.

maybe... i never took oral minox. But i think new hairs will still grow. so no matter the timeline, you ill be getting more and more hairs.
damn this sucks so much... there might be one guy on earth that did laser while taking minox?
i don't know how to solve this issue... i want hairless body and face and god scalp hair result
this drug is crazy powerful for hair but cause way much unwanted body hair /facial hair

I'm a 30 yo french guy diffuse thinning too :lul:

How the f did you get someone to prescribe it to you in the first place? I went to see 3 dermatologist and all these fckers said no.

thanks , too bad dutasteride alone didn't work... minoxidil is the worst drug ever
If he doesn't have severe low blood pressure from it, then it is insanely powerful. I read it is actually more powerful than finasterid. Because finasteride treats only AGA. WHile minox treats not only androgenic, but also all OTHER types of alopecia.

The only, and quite severe side of it, is that you will literally have blood pressure 90/ 50, and fall down when standing from the couch... but if OP is ok, then it just makes sense to continue.

I'm a 30 yo french guy diffuse thinning too :lul:

How the f did you get someone to prescribe it to you in the first place? I went to see 3 dermatologist and all these fckers said no.

i went to an endocrinologist bro when i was young and i convinced him bringing ncbi studies about duta and hairloss

If he doesn't have severe low blood pressure from it, then it is insanely powerful. I read it is actually more powerful than finasterid. Because finasteride treats only AGA. WHile minox treats not only androgenic, but also all OTHER types of alopecia.

The only, and quite severe side of it, is that you will literally have blood pressure 90/ 50, and fall down when standing from the couch... but if OP is ok, then it just makes sense to continue.
which body part did you laser bro?

All of it. Head to toe. Except facial hair and scalp, ofc.
you lasered also on face ? like upper cheek?
you laser like back hair? did it work? thanks

All of it. Head to toe. Except facial hair and scalp, ofc.
it didn't cause burn or permanent redness? i want to try it once on face, but i have been traumatized by my past electrolysis experience and don't want to experience things like permanent redness

you lasered also on face ? like upper cheek?
you laser like back hair? did it work? thanks
Yes. I lasered the upper cheeks around 3 times. Also unibrow.

It did work. For some reason it works better for some places than the other. E.g. forearms and legs are perfect. But chest and stomach are impossible to exterminate. :feelsrope:

Back hair, leg hair, stomach hair, neck hair. Penis hair too. But i avoided my balls, since the skin is red there, and the hair is greying. It was already quite painful to do the shaft.

Over for my greying balls :feelscry:

• +1
Reactions: kuroganeikki
it didn't cause burn or permanent redness?
Lol no.

What is your skin color? If your skin is dark, it can cause burns and even scars. But if your skin is white, you have nothing to worry about.

It did work. For some reason it works better for some places than the other. E.g. forearms and legs are perfect. But chest and stomach are impossible to exterminate. :feelsrope:

Back hair, leg hair, stomach hair, neck hair. Penis hair too. But i avoided my balls, since the skin is red there, and the hair is greying. It was already quite painful to do the shaft.

damn bro so nice! i really need to laser my upper cheek ! can i dm you ? it didn't cause redness on this area? or like skin damage? thanks

i did one laser session on forearm to try and it didn't work at all.... i don't know if its because it need more session or because its the minoxidil

• +1
damn bro so nice! i really need to laser my upper cheek ! can i dm you ? it didn't cause redness on this area? or like skin damage? thanks
No sorry im tired of all the dms.

Just go do it don't be pussy. Do the small area first: e.g. your armpits. You will see it is nothing special.

Just go do it don't be pussy. Do the small area first: e.g. your armpits. You will see it is nothing special.
haha bro i'm not a pussy at all , if you saw waht the electrolysis did for my upper cheek ( big holes everywhere), that was fucked up....

i tried laser once on my forearm and it caused redness and the hair didn't disapear at all : is it because it needs 8 session to fully disapear ( i mean there was no change at all)
?

the issue is the cost , if i do this and all regrow because of the minoxidil taht would be a waste of money
but maybe the laser if it targets a follicle it can destroy it forever?
so we could do laser + oral minoxidil ?

Lol at this.

can laser make your body hair thinner permanently without removing them completely if you get laser less often than the required time for completely removing them?

I want to beardmaxx with oral minox but i am afraid of getting permanently thicker body hairs. I dont want to completely remove them because thats overkill imo.

I like my current body hair level

the issue is the cost , if i do this and all regrow because of the minoxidil taht would be a waste of money
but maybe the laser if it targets a follicle it can destroy it forever?
so we could do laser + oral minoxidil ?
electrolysis

and minoxidil doenst grow " new hair" but it makes all the hair on your body on the anagen phase, so it seems to grow everywhere

electrolysis
never ever do this shit bro!
those who recommend it have never tried it .i did it on face + a bit of forearm and one year later i still have big red marks and pitted scar

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: kuroganeikki and Tallooksmaxxer
why dont you try topical?

what was the caliber of the hair on your upper cheek? it was thick dark hair or just vellu ones? you didn't experienced growth of unwanted hair after ( vellu turning onto terminal ones) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20100274/

haha bro i'm not a pussy at all , if you saw waht the electrolysis did for my upper cheek ( big holes everywhere), that was fucked up....

i tried laser once on my forearm and it caused redness and the hair didn't disapear at all : is it because it needs 8 session to fully disapear ( i mean there was no change at all)
?
Redness permanently? i dont understand the problem...

I also have super red skin and bubbles after the lasering. Literally looks like hives or sth.

can laser make your body hair thinner permanently without removing them completely if you get laser less often than the required time for completely removing them?
Yes, this is exactly the process.

Per session, some of the follicles get totally destroyed. Some get partly destroyed. Thus, you have fewer and lighter hair. But eventually, if you go enough times, all of them get removed.
I want to beardmaxx with oral minox but i am afraid of getting permanently thicker body hairs. I dont want to completely remove them because thats overkill imo.

I like my current body hair level
:feelsokman:

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: kuroganeikki and Tallooksmaxxer
to be honest electrolysis still sounds like the only way
don't worth it bro; after electrolysis you will have pitted scar on face ( like if you had terrible acne scars), this shit pierce your skin

• +1
Reactions: kuroganeikki
Redness permanently? i dont understand the problem...

I also have super red skin and bubbles after the lasering. Literally looks like hives or sth.
yes i know it cause redness for few hours / day, but i mean like having permanent redness ( some people have this if the fluence is too high or burned skin)

• Hmm...

Per session, some of the follicles get totally destroyed. Some get partly destroyed. Thus, you have fewer and lighter hair. But eventually, if you go enough times, all of them get removed.

ah that is great to know that some follicles can get totally destroyed, so theoricaly even on minoxidil if you do like 20 session you might kill all hair

• +1
ah that is great to know that some follicles can get totally destroyed, so theoricaly even on minoxidil if you do like 20 session you might kill all hair
But minoxidil wakes up your SLEEPING follicles.

The number of hairs you see growing is only miniscule. In the skin, there are also vellus hair. It is not influenced by the laser, since transparent. But when you take minox, it starts converting into black thick hair. Thus, no matter how much you remove with laser, minox theoretically will be bringing more and more.

• Ugh..
Reactions: zeshama

i mean for you your skin on face is stil flawless? i have a porcelaine skin ( really pale and flawless), and i would need to laser my whole face ( upper cheek/ near nose etc), so i still want to have a nice white skin after and having redness forever

• +1
@Tallooksmaxxer how much is hair removal is in turkey btw?

But minoxidil wakes up your SLEEPING follicles.

The number of hairs you see growing is only miniscule. In the skin, there are also vellus hair. It is not influenced by the laser, since transparent. But when you take minox, it starts converting into black thick hair. Thus, no matter how much you remove with laser, minox theoretically will be bringing more and more.
but for you on face it was thick hair or vellu?

i mean for you your skin on face is stil flawless? i have a porcelaine skin ( really pale and flawless), and i would need to laser my whole face ( upper cheek/ near nose etc), so i still want to have a nice white skin after and having redness forever
You should discuss this with your doctor.

Having permanent redness after the laser is not normal.

but for you on face it was thick hair or vellu?
It was thick hair. But i am not taking minox.

For you, you will remove your thick normal hair. And minox will bring up more dark hairs from vellus hairs in a few months.

It was thick hair. But i am not taking minox.

For you, you will remove your thick normal hair. And minox will bring up more dark hairs from vellus hairs in a few months.
thanks for your help man, here in france doctor are bad.... but in theory laser would kill the dark hair and then when the vellu will turn terminal laser would kill them too ?

• +1
@Tallooksmaxxer how much is hair removal is in turkey btw?
i looked up for the prices in my city and it says 810 TL for a single whole body session.
lets say 10 session is required, 8100 TL, 420 dollars. dirt cheap for westerners jfl.

Isnt expensive for Turks neither.

You would expect a higher price in Istanbul

• Woah
i looked up for the prices in my city and it says 810 TL for a single whole body session.
lets say 10 session is required, 8100 TL, 420 dollars. dirt cheap for westerners jfl.

You would expect a higher price in

You would expect a higher price in Istanbul

420 dollars for 10 session whole body???
its like one session for back here in france...

• JFL
Reactions: Tallooksmaxxer
its alexandrite laser? can you show me the clinic bro, i think i will travel to turkey if i could

looks like some kind of cheap ipl device