Oral minoxidil side effects - What's the truth?

J

JoshuaAccept

Iron
Some people here like say stuff like this:
Screen Shot 2024 03 10 at 65427 PM

Claims to have had practically no side effects whatsoever after 3 years of oral minoxidil

And on youtube comments people are saying this:

Screen Shot 2024 03 10 at 71330 PM
Screen Shot 2024 03 10 at 71213 PM

These are completely different claims. People here claim they've had almost no side effects, yet these youtube people needed to go to the hospital from TWO FUCKING DOSES. What is the real truth about oral minoxidil?

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
if you're scared of the side effects, just use topical

Some people here like say stuff like this:View attachment 2793201
Claims to have had practically no side effects whatsoever after 3 years of oral minoxidil

View attachment 2793212View attachment 2793208

These are completely different claims. People here claim they've had almost no side effects, yet these youtube people needed to go to the hospital from TWO FUCKING DOSES. What is the real truth about oral minoxidil?
Dizziness, fluid retention in the legs, tachycardia, headache, fluid retention in the eyelids, insomnia and rarely hair loss

It all depends on your genetics and your tolerance to drugs, you won't know until you try...

I've been on it for >1 year now

• +1
Reactions: JoshuaAccept
I've been on it for >1 year now
Yea most people here seem to have been on it for a long time with basically 0 side effects. I don't understand how that youtube guy nearly died from one tiny dose. Really strange

• +1
Yea most people here seem to have been on it for a long time with basically 0 side effects. I don't understand how that youtube guy nearly died from one tiny dose. Really strange
I reckon he had a pre-existing heart arrythmia that became symptomatic when he used it.

I had a little bit of sides going from 2.5mg to 5mg nothing major. Most studies find 5mg and under to be perfectly reasonable. 10mg and over is where the risk:reward looks sketch

• +1
It all depends on how your body reacts to it and if you have a family history of heart problems. It's not uncommon to get things like chest pains and palpitations. Usually people get the severe side effects from their body absorbing too much minoxidil at once, hence why it's recommended to split the dosage into two.

There is also a lot of fear mongering online, so I wouldn't 100% trust what people say. In fact most of what I've read about bad experiences is people having anxiety and panick attacks from overthinking the side effects and believing they'll have a heart attack .

• +1
Reactions: lebronjames23 and JoshuaAccept
I reckon he had a pre-existing heart arrythmia that became symptomatic when he used it.

I had a little bit of sides going from 2.5mg to 5mg nothing major. Most studies find 5mg and under to be perfectly reasonable. 10mg and over is where the risk:reward looks sketch
What sides did you have

Last edited:
  • +1
  • +1
Dizziness, fluid retention in the legs, tachycardia, headache, fluid retention in the eyelids, insomnia and rarely hair loss
So if you take minox the risk is there that you can have hair loss wtf ????

• +1
Reactions: shalomnigga