Orbital decompression

Timmy

Timmy

Master
Orbital decompression. People always conment on my eye area, they’re always telling me ‘why’re your eyes so big’ ‘you got ugly eyes’ and hey, some say ‘you got pretty eyes’

This is a mixture of many things. I dont mind my eye shape I think its good as from front pictures it does look good but… the side:
929DC3A0 ECDF 4B09 8467 76C2A8CD354C

How much would orbital devompression ascend me? The eye depht is the problem

• +1
Reactions: Jasonfedele.is_god
Orbital decompression. People always conment on my eye area, they’re always telling me ‘why’re your eyes so big’ ‘you got ugly eyes’ and hey, some say ‘you got pretty eyes’

This is a mixture of many things. I dont mind my eye shape I think its good as from front pictures it does look good but… the side:
View attachment 2743137
Bump

you got those ugly frog eyes, bro :smonk:

View attachment 2743137
Typically not by very much unless coupled with other eye area soft tissue surgeries.
OD will affect how far back the eye will sit in your socket but it will not affect eyelid and eye shape noticeable enough without anything in addition to it. There was a thread last year of a guy who went to Taban only for OD and the results from that alone (at the time) were not stellar.
Please get professional consultation by the oculofacial plastic surgeon of your choice to get a recommended list of the most effective soft tissue surgeries for your eyes. Also have in mind what you want your eyes to look like to help give some form of baseline guidance to them surgeon when speaking to them.
Typically consultations cost upwards of $100.

• +1
Reactions: Timmy
Typically not by very much unless coupled with other eye area soft tissue surgeries.
OD will affect how far back the eye will sit in your socket but it will not affect eyelid and eye shape noticeable enough without anything in addition to it. There was a thread last year of a guy who went to Taban only for OD and the results from that alone (at the time) were not stellar.
Please get professional consultation by the oculofacial plastic surgeon of your choice to get a recommended list of the most effective soft tissue surgeries for your eyes. Also have in mind what you want your eyes to look like to help give some form of baseline guidance to them surgeon when speaking to them.
Thank you

I agree with this completely. you sound british. I was wondering if od was under the nhs. it’s not necessarily cosmetic as I suffer from thyroid. I can’t find any info anywhere on this.

• +1
Reactions: catastaire
I often find people who think they need orbital decompression really just have poor skeletal structure around their infraorbital and supraorbital rims. Can't really tell from this picture, but it looks like you might have weak supras causing excess upper eyelid exposure.

I agree with this completely. you sound british. I was wondering if od was under the nhs. it’s not necessarily cosmetic as I suffer from thyroid. I can’t find any info anywhere on this.
Sorry not British - I wish. I'm American 😢

If you suffer from thyroid disease then you may be in luck twice as not only may the surgery be covered under NHS but you would also be able to justify quite the major, non-conservative OD surgery to really deepen your eye in ways that a cosmetic OD operation won't.

Here in the states for cosmetic OD, oculofacial plastic surgeons stay conservative as OD is considered a serious operation not worth the risk going too deep into the socket for what only serves an aesthetic purpose.

• +1
Reactions: heightmaxxing
I often find people who think they need orbital decompression really just have poor skeletal structure around their infraorbital and supraorbital rims. Can't really tell from this picture, but it looks like you might have weak supras causing excess upper eyelid exposure.
What can I do then? Implants or fillers wont work bc I’m a boxer. They’ll explode and get fractured

What can I do then? Implants or fillers wont work bc I’m a boxer. They’ll explode and get fractured
Well then it sounds like you need to consider what's more important to you, unfortunately. Eye area is a difficult one to fix as is, made infinitely more difficult if implants are out of the equation. As far as I know, there are no real alternatives to implants or fillers for the orbital rims. You can try for an orbital decompression and see if it does anything, but it might have no real aesthetic improvement for you. Or maybe it does. Work on other areas that you can improve then if boxing is your #1 priority.

• +1

View attachment 2743137
What do they look like from the front I suffer from the same issue as you?

And if ur a boxer won't taking facial hits literally bonesmash ur eyebrow ridge, creating a more hooded appearance

• JFL
Reactions: Tai Lung

And if ur a boxer won't taking facial hits literally bonesmash ur eyebrow ridge, creating a more hooded appearance
Bernie Sanders Meme GIF by patternbase

That is true, every single experienced boxer I know, my dad included has a nrow ridge. But I am still un experienced for that. By the time I’m 25 I’ll have a well pronounced brow ridge from the blows to my forehead, for now nope

83167FEE 07AB 4AE4 87E9 411984429EF2

Well then it sounds like you need to consider what's more important to you, unfortunately. Eye area is a difficult one to fix as is, made infinitely more difficult if implants are out of the equation. As far as I know, there are no real alternatives to implants or fillers for the orbital rims. You can try for an orbital decompression and see if it does anything, but it might have no real aesthetic improvement for you. Or maybe it does. Work on other areas that you can improve then if boxing is your #1 priority.
I guess so. I’m still just gonna softmax and if nothing goes well then we’ll see what the fiture will tell.

• +1
Reactions: Asspear
That is true, every single experienced boxer I know, my dad included has a nrow ridge. But I am still un experienced for that. By the time I’m 25 I’ll have a well pronounced brow ridge from the blows to my forehead, for now nope

View attachment 2749643
Yeah exactly this retard @Tai Lung thinks it's bullshit when in reality he's probably taken a couple blows to the head

But ur eyes from the front aren't bad at all they pretty good: good mc lashes average eyelid exposure but brows need some trimming and they will impact you face very positively

• +1
Yeah exactly this retard @Tai Lung thinks it's bullshit when in reality he's probably taken a couple blows to the head

But ur eyes from the front aren't bad at all they pretty good: good mc lashes average eyelid exposure but brows need some trimming and they will impact you face very positively
Joined Sep 21, 2023
Last seen A moment ago · Viewing thread Gymmaxing while short is stupid
Posts296Reputation95Points