Orbital Occularis Muscle ( Training to get Better PFH) (HIGH IQ , GTFIH you bug eyed freak)

synock21

synock21

DM open for personal advice
Function

The orbicularis oculi muscle is a muscle located in the eyelids. It is a sphincter muscle arranged in concentric bands around the upper and lower eyelids. The main function of the orbicularis oculi muscle is to close the eyelids. This occurs when the muscle contracts. The orbital section of the orbicularis oculi is more involved in the voluntary closure of the eyelid, such as with winking and forced squeezing. (NLOM)

Commentary
This muscle basically is the blinking muscle. It closes the eyelids, by making the muscle contract. This muscle is used when it is voluntarily contracted. **People with a more attractive eye shape, such as no scleral show, better PFL, usually have a "developed" orbital occularis.** Though it is not always correlated, people with an underdeveloped occularis usually have a lot of these failos, such as extremely low lower eyelids (leading to scleral show and round orbits)
- There are other reasons why people have these failos, such as extremely round orbits.

How do we train this muscle?

Just like any muscle, our friend the Occularis can be trained to become larger, or become smaller as we age.

"Cross-sectional studies have suggested progressive age-related declines in muscle size and function in humans. For example, whole-body skeletal muscle volume (mass) measured by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) was lower in older men and women than in their young counterparts .These results are also supported by a 15-year longitudinal study using MRI " (MDPI)

"A cross-sectional study on men and women reported that older individuals have smaller orbicularis oculi muscle thickness and larger orbital fat prolapse compared with young individuals, and there was a negative correlation between the two variables" (MDPI)

"The facial muscles are expected to show similar adaptations as the limb muscles, but there is a lack research to support this thesis. For the facial muscles involved in mastication, it is possible to measure maximum muscular strength and use a device for exercise training .By contrast, there is no established training protocol for the muscles of the upper face" (MDPI)
- Basically, nobody has ever designed a method to grow the facial muscles, because they are all busy growing random other muscles in the body(gymcelling), and that there is no established way to measure growth

"A case study showed the possibility of muscle hypertrophy of the orbicularis oculi following resistance exercise . One man (37 years old) featured in the case study was a member of the circus and was capable of performing with the area around his eyes. He could pull a truck with his lower eyelids using metal hooks attached to his inferior orbital rim. His training consisted of hanging a 5 kg weight on the lower eyelid every day. The authors measured muscle thickness of the orbicularis oculi using MRI and reported that he had an orbicularis oculi muscle that was twice (5.0 mm in left) as thick as a person of the same age (2.5 mm). Although an initial value of his muscle size was not reported, it is inferred that the apparently large muscle size was acquired through daily training. However, we could not obtain the training variables (i.e., training intensity, volume, frequency, and training period) required to cause muscle hypertrophy of the orbicularis oculi muscle." (MDPI)
- Basically, some jester was pulling trucks and shit with his Occularis, and his **was twice as big** as a normal guy, and even though his occularis wasn't measured initially, it is assumed the constant stress enlarged the muscles.

Commentary

So how would we train it?
Just like any muscle, long duration of strain can be used make the muscle larger.

What I usually do is I enact the **HARDEST** squinch face I can, to stress them out. However, I hold my fingers on the skin above my brows and underneath my orbital, such that I can't actually close my eyes. The resulting face is quite funny and silly, so but it works.

Routine
Basically, do the above whenever you can, or whenever you remember to.
Every night, I hold the squinch position for 10 seconds, then relax. I do this about 45-50 times a day.

Results
I have been doing this exercise for about 3 months now, and I can definitely say it has had an impact. My eyes have less scleral show, and look better. They are more horizontally wide. Another thing I noticed that squinting(lmfao) for longer periods was actually easier. The reason why squinting is uncomfortable is because when we squint, our eyes get dry. The tear duct is partially controlled by the Occularis, hence a training it allows my eyes to be lubricated even when I am artistically squinting at every hoe I talk to.

By the nature of this exercise, you may also find that your eyes are more hooded, as an increase in the size of the muscle has the same effect as a browridge augmentation . Source( Me) (lmfao)

Sources
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK441907// Abbreviated NLOM
https://www.mdpi.com/2079-9284/8/2/29 Abbreviated MDPI

TLDR:
Train the occularis muscle to have a better eye area.

@Mosh12 @Squirtle @appealmaxed @Narcissus🥀 @romm2el @exiviz @alan @Gengar

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • Love it
Reactions: Vidales, mxrcyy0, RTLBbc and 18 others
botb tier?

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: sportsmogger, subanimal, mogstars and 2 others
i believe it works but no one actually has the will power to do it
and since im on cycle rn it’s a good time to try
this is why chico has good undereye i think

• +1
Reactions: Hernan and Deleted member 55252
you just hold squinch position for long periods of time?

• +1
Reactions: Hernan and Deleted member 55252
can you share progress pics in dm?

To add, i am a cs guy, so i wrote this like a cs paper, and this was my first time reading any medical paper

• +1
Reactions: coispet
To add, i am a cs guy, so i wrote this like a cs paper, and this was my first time reading any medical paper
And I am a medical guy, I read every word in less than 4.67 minutes with 99.8% comprehensibility.

I would say this is just a theory. Hypertrophy of these facial muscle are tough. Anatomy of the eye is the hardest thing to change in a whitepill way.

For eye area, either surgeries or LDAR :blackpill:

• +1
Reactions: Hernan and Lookologist003
And I am a medical guy, I read every word in less than 4.67 minutes with 99.8% comprehensibility.

I would say this is just a theory. Hypertrophy of these facial muscle are tough. Anatomy of the eye is the hardest thing to change in a whitepill way.

For eye area, either surgeries or LDAR :blackpill:
can you elaborate? what makes these muscles harder to hypertrophy than our limbs? i guess the hypertrophy is hard to measure, since no one has had to before

my nigga ur gonna have wrinkles

• +1
Reactions: drimprovement
just reborn as chad

• JFL
Reactions: synock21
  • Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Hernan and smoth
haha it is actually low volume in the occularis area that causes wrinkles
i ll try it but im not sure if it is necessary for my eye area

i ll dm you

used to do oculi exercises until i started seeing crows feet

Last edited:
nice always wanted a thread on this thank you

• Love it
from your research would it help me? or would it make my negative hooding worse for example
View attachment 2709534
thing is, the occuli aren’t muscles you can see and say “ huh! that’s small” or “huh! those are large!”, but just like any muscle, you should be able to make the larger

20231119 171827

I always squint like this all day and it makes me look very angry xde

• +1

I do this^

This should be all you need to do

• +1
Reactions: Zukiteru

I do this^

if you use your fingers to have resistive force the other way , it would be better

Ha, I've worked this muscle 24/7 for my entire life by having slightly shitty eyesight (but not shitty enough to wear glasses) and needing to squint all the time

• Love it
can you elaborate? what makes these muscles harder to hypertrophy than our limbs? i guess the hypertrophy is hard to measure, since no one has had to before
He right cause he medical guy 💯💯💯💯💯💯🤪

• Love it
I think once you hypertrophy these facial muscles, they have a hard time going away.

Like our chewing muscles, we are always chewing.
And we always blink or contract our eyes.
So wouldn’t it be hard for these to atrophy?

I think the results would be permanent as long as you could still move your face.
Exactly why I try malaris and oculi in

From what I've gathered muscles in the face don't work the same way muscles do in other parts of your body (maybe compare this to the fact that it's way easier to break out in acne on your face than it is anywhere else on your body despite everything else more likely to come into contact with things). The only muscle in your face that can works somewhat similarly to the others is your masseter muscle (the one on the sides of your jaw) which is why there are very slight gains to be made with chewing and why there are instances of people with hypetrophy occuring in their jaw.

(Flexing masseters)

Promising stuff if true though. I wish there were pics.

• Love it
From what I've gathered muscles in the face don't work the same way muscles do in other parts of your body (maybe compare this to the fact that it's way easier to break out in acne on your face than it is anywhere else on your body despite everything else more likely to come into contact with things). The only muscle in your face that can works somewhat similarly to the others is your masseter muscle (the one on the sides of your jaw) which is why there are very slight gains to be made with chewing and why there are instances of people with hypetrophy occuring in their jaw.

(Flexing masseters)

Promising stuff if true though. I wish there were pics.

its worth a try for sure

one last bump

All muscle fibres aren’t the same. Muscle hypertrophy is more common in fast-twitch than in slow-twitch muscles. Type 2A fibers exhibit the greatest growth, more so than type 2B and type 1 fibers

I can’t explain everything in layman’s terms. You will have to refer and understand the medical books for that.

Bump. This thread deserves more eyeballs

• +1

I do this^

is this the exercise to hypertrohy?
will it increase hooding as well as raise lower lid?

don’t really want to hold skin down as can cause sagging and even more sclera show

• +1
chat gpt says you can induce hypertrophy in the orbicularis oculi muscles, now the question is what's the most effective means of producing progressive overload. ill try the squinching/hard blinking for now even though im on a steep calorie deficit. once i start a bulking ped cycle ill see if there's any noticeable results.

• +1
All muscle fibres aren’t the same. Muscle hypertrophy is more common in fast-twitch than in slow-twitch muscles. Type 2A fibers exhibit the greatest growth, more so than type 2B and type 1 fibers

I can’t explain everything in layman’s terms. You will have to refer and understand the medical books for that.
the average blink is 100 ms, seems like a fast twitch to me imo

• Hmm...
Reactions: Dr. Mog
I'm trying to do the exercise the way you describes it but I'm so retarded I don't know if I'm doing it right

Is it similar to this exercise?

would prolonged holding not work? (not reps)

I'm trying to do the exercise the way you describes it but I'm so retarded I don't know if I'm doing it right

Is it similar to this exercise?

hold the middle finger on the top of your orbital, and the index finger on the outer canthus. then, SQUINT as hard as possible

• +1
Reactions: blackazure88
would prolonged holding not work? (not reps)
i’ll have to look into it. i’ve been doing reps. from my understanding, your limb muscles grow because of reps, not continuous stress

• +1
Reactions: appealmaxed
Won't th
Function

The orbicularis oculi muscle is a muscle located in the eyelids. It is a sphincter muscle arranged in concentric bands around the upper and lower eyelids. The main function of the orbicularis oculi muscle is to close the eyelids. This occurs when the muscle contracts. The orbital section of the orbicularis oculi is more involved in the voluntary closure of the eyelid, such as with winking and forced squeezing. (NLOM)

View attachment 2709456

Commentary
This muscle basically is the blinking muscle. It closes the eyelids, by making the muscle contract. This muscle is used when it is voluntarily contracted. **People with a more attractive eye shape, such as no scleral show, better PFL, usually have a "developed" orbital occularis.** Though it is not always correlated, people with an underdeveloped occularis usually have a lot of these failos, such as extremely low lower eyelids (leading to scleral show and round orbits)
- There are other reasons why people have these failos, such as extremely round orbits.

How do we train this muscle?

Just like any muscle, our friend the Occularis can be trained to become larger, or become smaller as we age.

"Cross-sectional studies have suggested progressive age-related declines in muscle size and function in humans. For example, whole-body skeletal muscle volume (mass) measured by magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) was lower in older men and women than in their young counterparts .These results are also supported by a 15-year longitudinal study using MRI " (MDPI)

"A cross-sectional study on men and women reported that older individuals have smaller orbicularis oculi muscle thickness and larger orbital fat prolapse compared with young individuals, and there was a negative correlation between the two variables" (MDPI)

"The facial muscles are expected to show similar adaptations as the limb muscles, but there is a lack research to support this thesis. For the facial muscles involved in mastication, it is possible to measure maximum muscular strength and use a device for exercise training .By contrast, there is no established training protocol for the muscles of the upper face" (MDPI)
- Basically, nobody has ever designed a method to grow the facial muscles, because they are all busy growing random other muscles in the body(gymcelling), and that there is no established way to measure growth

"A case study showed the possibility of muscle hypertrophy of the orbicularis oculi following resistance exercise . One man (37 years old) featured in the case study was a member of the circus and was capable of performing with the area around his eyes. He could pull a truck with his lower eyelids using metal hooks attached to his inferior orbital rim. His training consisted of hanging a 5 kg weight on the lower eyelid every day. The authors measured muscle thickness of the orbicularis oculi using MRI and reported that he had an orbicularis oculi muscle that was twice (5.0 mm in left) as thick as a person of the same age (2.5 mm). Although an initial value of his muscle size was not reported, it is inferred that the apparently large muscle size was acquired through daily training. However, we could not obtain the training variables (i.e., training intensity, volume, frequency, and training period) required to cause muscle hypertrophy of the orbicularis oculi muscle." (MDPI)
- Basically, some jester was pulling trucks and shit with his Occularis, and his **was twice as big** as a normal guy, and even though his occularis wasn't measured initially, it is assumed the constant stress enlarged the muscles.

Commentary
So how would we train it?
Just like any muscle, long duration of strain can be used make the muscle larger.

What I usually do is I enact the **HARDEST** squinch face I can, to stress them out. However, I hold my fingers on the skin above my brows and underneath my orbital, such that I can't actually close my eyes. The resulting face is quite funny and silly, so but it works.

Routine
Basically, do the above whenever you can, or whenever you remember to.
Every night, I hold the squinch position for 10 seconds, then relax. I do this about 45-50 times a day.

Results
I have been doing this exercise for about 3 months now, and I can definitely say it has had an impact. My eyes have less scleral show, and look better. They are more horizontally wide. Another thing I noticed that squinting(lmfao) for longer periods was actually easier. The reason why squinting is uncomfortable is because when we squint, our eyes get dry. The tear duct is partially controlled by the Occularis, hence a training it allows my eyes to be lubricated even when I am artistically squinting at every hoe I talk to.

By the nature of this exercise, you may also find that your eyes are more hooded, as an increase in the size of the muscle has the same effect as a browridge augmentation . Source( Me) (lmfao)

Sources
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK441907// Abbreviated NLOM
https://www.mdpi.com/2079-9284/8/2/29 Abbreviated MDPI

TLDR:
Train the occularis muscle to have a better eye area.

@Mosh12 @Squirtle @appealmaxed @Narcissus🥀 @romm2el @exiviz @alan @Gengar
Won't this shit cause premature wrinkling and fine lines, from repeated skin stretching?

• +1
I understand but wouldn't the constant stretching and creasing of the skin due to squinching cause wrinkles ?

• +1
I understand but wouldn't the constant stretching and creasing of the skin due to squinching cause wrinkles ?
we are charting new territory, for we are the pioneers, the leaders, the inventors. we do not know what is ahead of us

we are charting new territory, for we are the pioneers, the leaders, the inventors. we do not know what is ahead of us
I know you can get electrostimulation to muscles in your face to prevent atrophy, this would eliminate the skin wearing out issue.

These procedures are conducted in clinics however

hold the middle finger on the top of your orbital, and the index finger on the outer canthus. then, SQUINT as hard as possible
Like so?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240131_181714_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20240131_181714_YouTube.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: blackazure88
yes, you could do it like that, but i keep my fingers closer together, so my occulis gets stressed
I see I see, okay, thanks for the confirmation bro. I'm gonna try your method out and look out for any improvements in my eye area. Cheers

• Love it
legit asf, did this for months and i guarantee it works for uee and sclera show at least

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: coomahboomah and synock21
"horizontally wide"

This increases the PFL?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back