Ordering phenibut was most likely a mistake

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
I was looking for an alcohol substitute so I ordered phenibut a few days ago. However, since I'm still dealing with iatrogenic botulism and consequently fluctuating muscle weakness (especially in my breathing muscles), that might have been a mistake. A few quotes:

"GABAB receptors also reduces the activity of adenylyl cyclase and Ca2+ channels by using G-proteins with Gi/G0 α subunits."
"Baclofen is a GABA analogue which acts as a selective agonist of GABAB receptors, and is used as a muscle relaxant."
"Subsequent research has found that it (phenibut) is also a potent blocker of α2δ subunit-containing voltage-dependent calcium channels"

I already anticipated these issues but somehow blanked it out since I was more focused on finding a substitute for alcohol. If my concerns are confirmed when I try it, I won't be able to use it. 25€ wasted, well done, stupid! I could've bought some whisky instead. I'm gonna try a very small dose to test my sensitivity and hope I won't react to it as badly as to (trimethyl)glycine, which renders my muscles overrelaxed and my vision blurred for several days, even at tiny doses. Will post an update before taking phenibut once it arrives. If you don't hear from me after that, I'll probably be dead lol

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and datboijj
@Seth Walsh how significant are the muscle relaxing properties of penibut, in your experience?

phenibut was the worse mistake ever
only helped my motor control by 50% which doesn't really help much
i need 200% for it to actually noticeably improve my life
and made me 5% less anxious
with no "high"
my only nootropics left to try is ashwaganda
and if that fails im boycoting every nootropics post

• JFL
Reactions: Prettyboy
What do you mean by "helped your motor control"? If anything, I'd expect it to reduce muscle tension and coordination and increase weakness in high doses. It's basically a muscle relaxant

What do you mean by "helped your motor control"? If anything, I'd expect it to reduce muscle tension and coordination and increase weakness in high doses. It's basically a muscle relaxant
i am very bow legged and my stance is very uneven
and so are the nerves in my legs basically
i trip and fall a lot and easily
and phenibut made this rarely happen
but not enough for me to really care

i am very bow legged and my stance is very uneven
and so are the nerves in my legs basically
i trip and fall a lot and easily
and phenibut made this rarely happen
but not enough for me to really care
Have you been diagnosed with anything, like Guillain Barre syndrome or myasthenia gravis? Or is it purely an anatomical issue?

• +1
Reactions: datboijj
Have you been diagnosed with anything, like Guillain Barre syndrome or myasthenia gravis? Or is it purely an anatomical issue?
severe adhd
which is apart of the clumsiness and anxiety

@Seth Walsh how significant are the muscle relaxing properties of penibut, in your experience?
Not as significant as baclofen tbh.

I was too f'ed up on phenibut eventually to even think about muscle relaxant effects (10-60GRAMS a day). In terms of like 1g phenibut, I don't feel it had muscle relaxing effects like 20-30mg baclofen.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
phenibut was the worse mistake ever
i need 200% for it to actually noticeably improve my life
and made me 5% less anxious
with no "high"
my only nootropics left to try is ashwaganda
and if that fails im boycoting every nootropics post
Everything is cope,only way to feel relaxed is to be completely drunk as an incel

• JFL
I was looking for an alcohol substitute so I ordered phenibut a few days ago. However, since I'm still dealing with iatrogenic botulism and consequently fluctuating muscle weakness (especially in my breathing muscles), that might have been a mistake. A few quotes:

"GABAB receptors also reduces the activity of adenylyl cyclase and Ca2+ channels by using G-proteins with Gi/G0 α subunits."
"Baclofen is a GABA analogue which acts as a selective agonist of GABAB receptors, and is used as a muscle relaxant."
"Subsequent research has found that it (phenibut) is also a potent blocker of α2δ subunit-containing voltage-dependent calcium channels"

I already anticipated these issues but somehow blanked it out since I was more focused on finding a substitute for alcohol. If my concerns are confirmed when I try it, I won't be able to use it. 25€ wasted, well done, stupid! I could've bought some whisky instead. I'm gonna try a very small dose to test my sensitivity and hope I won't react to it as badly as to (trimethyl)glycine, which renders my muscles overrelaxed and my vision blurred for several days, even at tiny doses. Will post an update before taking phenibut once it arrives. If you don't hear from me after that, I'll probably be dead lol
Read my old posts about phenibut. By FAR the most addictive drug I've ever taken. It makes you feel good no matter what, and that's scary. It's "ADDICTING"... meaning you'll likely get more and more addicted to it as you keep taking it. It has the potential to completely mess you up. Tolerance builds up insanely quick. You won't realise how messed up you are when taking it. High dose/abuse effects include but not limited to: Exploding Head Syndrome, brain zaps, being able to hear the electrical firing in your brain, auditory and visual hallucinations etc...

Read my old posts about phenibut. By FAR the most addictive drug I've ever taken. It makes you feel good no matter what, and that's scary. It's "ADDICTING"... meaning you'll likely get more and more addicted to it as you keep taking it. It has the potential to completely mess you up. Tolerance builds up insanely quick. You won't realise how messed up you are when taking it. High dose/abuse effects include but not limited to: Exploding Head Syndrome, brain zaps, being able to hear the electrical firing in your brain, auditory and visual hallucinations etc...
I really think it should be prescription and in tablet form like they have in Russia. Having powder still available is just stupid. It's a really really strong drug. Basically like powdered baclofen but more recreational and eurphoric...

Just drink whiskey

• +1
I really think it should be prescription and in tablet form like they have in Russia. Having powder still available is just stupid. It's a really really strong drug. Basically like powdered baclofen but more recreational and eurphoric...
It's strong only at high doses. I don't feel anything below 3 grams, and I have zero tolerance. Idk how people on Reddit can cope with 500mg. I wouldn't even feel it

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst and Seth Walsh
Not as significant as baclofen tbh.

I was too f'ed up on phenibut eventually to even think about muscle relaxant effects (10-60GRAMS a day). In terms of like 1g phenibut, I don't feel it had muscle relaxing effects like 20-30mg baclofen.
I need to be cautious about anything that may relax my muscles. Especially Ca2+ channel blockers

How is phenibut different from baclofen, according to your own experience?

F57C6CD1 5844 4801 8712 A01FA29B0650

look at my personal benzo stack :p

• JFL
It's strong only at high doses. I don't feel anything below 3 grams, and I have zero tolerance. Idk how people on Reddit can cope with 500mg. I wouldn't even feel it
Have you noticed any muscle relaxation or changes in muscle strength/tension?

they are not significant at all in my case

the strange thing is I work better on high dose than low dose

..and the thing is you take extreme amounts of caffeine with phen always, that counteracts the drowsiness

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh and Bewusst
they are not significant at all in my case

the strange thing is I work better on high dose than low dose

..and the thing is you take extreme amounts of caffeine with phen always, that counteracts the drowsiness
How much do you take? Do you neutralize the acidity with baking soda prior to taking it?

I need to be cautious about anything that may relax my muscles. Especially Ca2+ channel blockers

How is phenibut different from baclofen, according to your own experience?
pretty similar but baclofen just had less of the pro social effects and more analgesic and sedative effects. even tho both phen and baclofen share all of those effects...

All in all I didn't notice muscle relaxant effects from phenibut and if they existed, they were overpowered by all the other crazy effects..

• +1
Have you noticed any muscle relaxation or changes in muscle strength/tension?
First time I did 4 grams. My vision was blurry for two days straight. Also my balls tickle when I am on it (srs)

• JFL
How much do you take? Do you neutralize the acidity with baking soda prior to taking it?

no? Its a pill, I swallow it early in the morning with coffe or caffiene drink to maximize high time. Then I try to drink a lot, like 5-6 coffee or 2-3 energy drinks at least throughout the day.

the high is remarkably amplified by caffeine so you want to introduce it every third hour or so - bc caffeine wears off you know

…and you wont have trouble sleeping with high dose of phen in you so thats not an issue either, the caffein dosage is pivotal for success

First time I did 4 grams. My vision was blurry for two days straight. Also my balls tickle when I am on it (srs)
Why would you start with such an enormous dose? You could've put yourself in the ICU or even killed yourself. I'd never do that with any substance, even if I were completely healthy

Why would you start with such an enormous dose? You could've put yourself in the ICU or even killed yourself. I'd never do that with any substance, even if I were completely healthy
I tried 1-2 g a year ago, and that did nothing

no? Its a pill, I swallow it early in the morning with coffe or caffiene drink to maximize high time. Then I try to drink a lot, like 5-6 coffee or 2-3 energy drinks at least throughout the day.

the high is remarkably amplified by caffeine so you want to introduce it every third hour or so - bc caffeine wears off you know

…and you wont have trouble sleeping with high dose of phen in you so thats not an issue either, the caffein dosage is pivotal for success
I like caffeine but you're consuming way too much of it. Caffeine withdrawal can be as bad as nicotine withdrawal in my experience and tolerance shoots up fast. If phenibut is making you sleepy, try splitting the pill and take less or go to bed earlier. Or take a smaller dose of phenibut 2-3 times a day (half life is 5.3 hours)

I like caffeine but you're consuming way too much of it. Caffeine withdrawal can be as bad as nicotine withdrawal in my experience and tolerance shoots up fast. If phenibut is making you sleepy, try splitting the pill and take less or go to bed earlier. Or take a smaller dose of phenibut 2-3 times a day (half life is 5.3 hours)
Dude what are you talking about. Most young people don't even feel caffeine even at 1000's of mg dosages.

Dude what are you talking about. Most young people don't even feel caffeine even at 1000's of mg dosages.
Stop projecting your chronic drug binge induced substance non-responsiveness onto other people. No reasonable person would take 1,000+ mg of caffeine. As I said, tolerance goes up extremely fast if you use it on a regular basis, you'll only notice the difference when you suddenly stop having caffeine, similar to nicotine. Symptoms of caffeine withdrawal can range from depressed mood to headaches and shortness of breath. Of course there are many substances that are considerably worse to come off of but that won't change the fact that caffeine can be similarly addictive as nicotine

• +1
Reactions: Uglybrazilian
When your on phen you can drink a hell of a lot of coffee... not saying I drink it sober

And half life of phen.. I feel it for over 24 hours with an afterglow the morning after, no matter what anyone says

• +1
When your on phen you can drink a hell of a lot of coffee... not saying I drink it sober

And half life of phen.. I feel it for over 24 hours with an afterglow the morning after, no matter what anyone says
I can imagine. Caffeine as a stimulant acts as a calcium channel opener, suppresses GABAergic inhibition and antagonizes adenosine receptors, which indirectly increases dopamine, (nor)adrenaline and acetylcholine release and phenibut as a CNS depressant does essentially the opposite. It blocks calcium channels and acts directly on GABAB receptors. It's still a bad idea to consume excessive amounts of caffeine while on phenibut just because you can imo. It might increase the risk of phenibut overdose, especially considering how long phenibut's effects can last compared to caffeine

I can imagine. Caffeine as a stimulant acts as a calcium channel opener, suppresses GABAergic inhibition and antagonizes adenosine receptors, which indirectly increases dopamine, (nor)adrenaline and acetylcholine release and phenibut as a CNS depressant does essentially the opposite. It blocks calcium channels and acts directly on GABAB receptors. It's still a bad idea to consume excessive amounts of caffeine while on phenibut just because you can imo. It might increase the risk of phenibut overdose, especially considering how long phenibut's effects can last compared to caffeine

Why would I overdose on phenibut when the only thing I'm doing is adding more caffeine to a correct dose of phenibut?

OP asked about muscle effects and I just said that caffeine will help with that.

Obviously, you shouldn't take any drugs at all if health is concerned lol

Why would I overdose on phenibut when the only thing I'm doing is adding more caffeine to a correct dose of phenibut?

OP asked about muscle effects and I just said that caffeine will help with that.

Obviously, you shouldn't take any drugs at all if health is concerned lol
Because caffeine in high doses can mask some of the effects of phenibut obviously, which may tempt you to take a higher dose to feel the same effects you would without or with less caffeine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back