Orthodonstist advised a BIMAX

N

Nescorio

Iron
Follow-up to https://looksmax.org/threads/removing-excess-skin-causing-double-chin.537900/#post-8821702

Went to see an orthodontist because some of my wisdom teeth are growing. Talked about this problem. He told me I have mild lip incompetence and that I should do a BIMAX to correct it. However he warned me many surgeon would be reluctant as I have perfect teeth alignement + the issue is small.

Does the risk of running into issues or ruining my teeth alignement worth correcting the lip incompetence and may be improve a bit on the æsthetic side? Please no surgerymaxx schizo answer

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
based ortho

• +1
Reactions: fruitgunpop, ChristianChad and Adonis
Any input?
@Lihito @Prettyboy @enchanted_elixir @SixCRY @Jon87 @newlurker69
I am in Paris btw

based ortho
If it ruins my teeth alignement + my facial structure for a non major problem in addition of making me look like this during 3 months it really won’t be based
B0BA2A41 25A3 4B7F A268 810256922A9E

If it ruins my teeth alignement + my facial structure for a non major problem in addition of making me look like this during 3 months it really won’t be based
View attachment 1805990
A genio can solve your lips incompetence and could stretch a bit your skin.

• +1
A genio can solve your lips incompetence and could stretch a bit your skin.
I already saw maxillo-facial surgeon who told me I shouldn’t do a genio + I think the orthodontist knows what he is telling. He told me Bimax was the only solution with maybe a genio component to it. I will double check with another one still because it seems giga brutal for a tiny issue

• +1
It seems to me to be nearly “Just cut, move and screw you entire face to correct a 2mm problem bro” which I am quite skeptical about even if many schizo here would consider it gigabased

Last edited:
  • +1
Are you already mewing?

Do you have any other functional issues besides lip incompetence? Such as sleep apnea, TMJ, etc.

Follow-up to https://looksmax.org/threads/removing-excess-skin-causing-double-chin.537900/#post-8821702

Went to see an orthodontist because some of my wisdom teeth are growing. Talked about this problem. He told me I have mild lip incompetence and that I should do a BIMAX to correct it. However he warned me many surgeon would be reluctant as I have perfect teeth alignement + the issue is small.

Does the risk of running into issues or ruining my teeth alignement worth correcting the lip incompetence and may be improve a bit on the æsthetic side? Please no surgerymaxx schizo answer

Bimax seems like the only way. There's usually no way to get around bone issues.

• +1
Reactions: Nescorio
Maybe implants with flared gonions and submental fat removal

Do you have any other functional issues besides lip incompetence? Such as sleep apnea, TMJ, etc.
No, it’s limited to that so the that why it may be overkill

• +1
Bimax seems like the only way. There's usually no way to get around bone issues.
Thanks for your input! He told me it may be Bimax + genio with cut along all the shown lines, which I find very brutal. My biggest fear is a failo or loosing my teeth alignement.

07A01CED CEAF 4D89 8EC0 B764EEC838FF

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ChristianChad and enchanted_elixir
Maybe implants with flared gonions and submental fat removal
I have absolutely no submental fat. It’s skin. I went to see a plastic surgeon some times ago who told me this

• +1
not worth it to get bimax, ur maxilla cant be advanced more than 2mm, its already projected

• +1
Reactions: Nescorio and ChristianChad
*It will do very little.
not worth it to get bimax, ur maxilla cant be advanced more than 2mm, its already projected
Yes, basically my ortho advise me to do a counter clockwise rotation of the jaw with bimax before advancing it ~2mm and possibly adding a genio once it is rotated.

Things is he is speaking of a fucking bimax like it’s a makeup session. “Yeah you have just a tiny lip incompetence and your profile is ok-ish but with a bimax you will be very happy of your new appearance and you won’t drool at night”. However he himself told me most surgeons keep a ~2mm error margin which is literally the length of the second part of the operation.

He told me the only major risk was to loose sensibility on the lower lip. Teeth alignement could be a bit off but that could be corrected with a further operation if needed (so 2x a general anæsthesia if things go south :lul: ?!)
Is he underestimating the actual risks?

What do you think @SixCRY ? Personally it’s the first time a doctor is too “based” for me

Last edited:
Also the only 1* google reviews he has tell he act like a commercial and is as bullish on surgery as the worst schizos here https://g.co/kgs/yoZg9N. However the reviews of people having done the bimax are all 5*

In addition here is my radio

L'ortho est en france cest que tes un frenchcell,
tu trouvera aucun chirurgien pr te faire une bimax sur une class 1 avc un profil non rrtrusif

• +1
Reactions: Nescorio