orthodontist tryna ruin my face

chobou

chobou

Iron
i saw an orthodontist this morning, and he confirmed to me that i needed a surgery, i have a malocclusion III, (btw i used to have braces in the past so i don't need to struggle with braces ever again)
he thinks that's it's BETTER for me to reduce my mandibule lenght instead of making a maxillary advancement, because apparently my nasolabial angle is ~100° but my profile is flat asf (i got 4 teeth removed in the past and my nose got ruined bc of that, now i have a crooked nose due to lack of support)

he wrote that it's PREFERABLE to reduce my mandibule to my surgeon, BUT i want an advancement of my maxillary... how can i convince my surgeon to not ruin my face?

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: alex569 and Pumanator
my condolences

• +1
Reactions: Lmao

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: alex569, aspieSavage, varbrah and 10 others
8060.jpg

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot, Lmao and Deleted member 4797
You go to a different one. This one is obviously delusional and incompetent.

• +1
Reactions: alex569, Salience, MentalistKebab and 4 others
elongate ramus, make your mandible's body shorter and it will be ok.... i guess

Last edited:
  • So Sad
Reactions: Boldandbeautiful
yeah because my former orthodontist removed me 4 premolars

• Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: Boldandbeautiful and lutte
yeah because my former orthodontist removed me 4 premolars
Took u out of the genepool. More stacies for his son ig.

• JFL
Reactions: aspieSavage
Similar situation with my ortho. I have a Class III (compensated though) and my ortho kept trying to give me an underbite and was saying it's better for my mandible to be setback instead of advancing my maxilla. I kept insisting I don't want what little profile I want to be destroyed, so now he just called me and told me I can just get the surgery done with no braces, but I'd have to find a different ortho for post-op teeth straightening.

Remember, YOU are the one paying for this procedure. You only get one shot at this, and you only have one face, so you should NOT be complacent and just blindly trust your ortho. You have the power to walk away and say no.

• +1
Reactions: alex569

Users who are viewing this thread

Back