Overbite and recessed Jaw

LowTierNormie

LowTierNormie

Life is good
Would correcting overbite fix an slightly recessed jaw? Does the fix cause the jaw to go "forward" or it does only cause the top teeth to go backwards?

Would correcting overbite fix an slightly recessed jaw? Does the fix cause the jaw to go "forward" or it does only cause the top teeth to go backwards?
the only way to correct overbite is orthognatic surgery and you can get it for free if your country has healthcare

• +1
Reactions: Mayorga
the only way to correct overbite is orthognatic surgery and you can get it for free if your country has healthcare

I think class 1 malocclusion can be fixed with braces.

Lifefuel. My country does have healthcare. Would it improve my looks in any way? I don't feel like my overbite can be noticed

Lifefuel. My country does have healthcare. Would it improve my looks in any way? I don't feel like my overbite can be noticed
orthognatic surgery is another name for double jaw surgery

• JFL
Reactions: LowTierNormie
Double jaw surgery will not really improve you more than maybe 0.25psl. Chin wing or genio can do a bit more, and implants are whats giving real wide and squareness. But fixing bite problems should always be first. Never do implants on a recessed face.

• +1
Reactions: LowTierNormie
It's gonna be a no from the doctor then. Doctor here in Spain almost never perform surgeries unless it's an emergency oer there is no other way of fixing it.
Double jaw surgery will not really improve you more than maybe 0.25psl. Chin wing or genio can do a bit more, and implants are whats giving real wide and squareness. But fixing bite problems should always be first. Never do implants on a recessed face.
I would have never expected double jaw surgery to fix an overbite. My jaw is not that recessed, so I feel like there are other surgerirs that would help me more. Thanks for the info brah

is isnt, double jaw is both bsso and lefort1, most overbites/recessed mandibles require only bsso....doublejaw (bsso and LF1) is also called bimaxillary surgery
It's gonna be a no from the doctor then. Doctor here in Spain almost never perform surgeries unless it's an emergency oer there is no other way of fixing it.

I would have never expected double jaw surgery to fix an overbite. My jaw is not that recessed, so I feel like there are other surgerirs that would help me more. Thanks for the info brah
doublejaws fix overbites...please dont get implants or genio without fixing your bite first