Will Elastics recess ur maxilla?

K

Kartikay_Bhab

Iron
Yea so I have a deep overbite (Very mild) and am a 18 years old male, My ortho told me that there are 3 options to fix it, First it to get teeth removed and move ur upper jaw backwards (NEVER), Second might be Herbst(Ill talk to her bout it) and third is elastics to move lower jaw forward, I wanna know if the Elastics will recess my maxilla or jaw

Also since am already 18 and my ortho is focusing on moving my lower jaw forward, "Growth Stun" isn't an issue

Also since am already 18 and my ortho is focusing on moving my lower jaw forward, "Growth Stun" isn't an issue
Also got offered jaw surgery when am 20 when other methods don't work

Go for the elastics and never wear them and claim they don’t work and get jaw surgery at 20

• +1
Reactions: greycel and rand anon
get the teeth removed

• JFL
Reactions: greycel
Ur maxilla won't be recessed further cause that shit stopped growing at 18 already in average

Also braces doesn't really fix overbite, it might cause ur teeth to look better but ur face still suffers from that malocclusion, remember that dentists only fixes the teeth, not the face

Just get the jaw surgery cause that way your facial bones wouldn't be recessed as well as fixing ur malocclusion

eat ants and listen to subliminals brother

Ur maxilla won't be recessed further cause that shit stopped growing at 18 already in average

Also braces doesn't really fix overbite, it might cause ur teeth to look better but ur face still suffers from that malocclusion, remember that dentists only fixes the teeth, not the face

Just get the jaw surgery cause that way your facial bones wouldn't be recessed as well as fixing ur malocclusion
But Elastics will move my lower jaw forward tho? And so will herbst if it works, If none then jaw surgery is always an option, Might as well get it when am 19 lol