Palatal expander or thumbpulling

Deleted member 20097

Deleted member 20097

Hajun
from ages 17 onwards is it more optimal to do thumbpulling daily for 30 min or more, or go to a traditional orthodontist and get a palatal expander?

• +1
Reactions: RecessedChinCel and ChristianChad
Get MSE/SARPE and don’t fall for the thumbpulling cope

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Tooth-borne palatal expander or tooth-bone-borne/bone-borne palatal expander?

Both tooth-borne palatal expanders and thumb pulling is cope beyond the age of 13. Do you have good evidence supporting thumb pulling?

If he's young MSE is ideal granted the suture can successfully split
Alr, the main reason I need palatal expansion is because my palatal is so narrow m. From ages 9-16 I was mouthbreathung because I had asthma and my parents urged my to mouthbreath 24/7 jfl. Now I have to cope with mewing and my back third of my tongue doesn’t even reach my upper palate. How much is MSE?

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
Alr, the main reason I need palatal expansion is because my palatal is so narrow m. From ages 9-16 I was mouthbreathung because I had asthma and my parents urged my to mouthbreath 24/7 jfl. Now I have to cope with mewing and my back third of my tongue doesn’t even reach my upper palate. How much is MSE?
I don't know tbh. Can't your parents pay for it?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20097
Thumbpull for some months you can get good results, once your palate is wide enough to fit tongue just mew properly it'll do its job, mse is good too if you can afford

people been saying mse makes u asymmetrical?? i haven't seen any significant improvements on anyone with it
MSE is more functional than aesthetic tbh. The main benefits are airway size and wider smile.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16683