Palate expander benefits?

D

Deleted member 4675

🇫🇷🇫🇷
Can someone please list me all the benefits other than better smile, wider mouth and wider face (?)

I think I can get this.

benefits other than better smile

• +1
Reactions: Lev Peshkov, JFLbuddyboyo and randomvanish
Ofc if it's narrow as fuck, but chances are yours is just normal
no, it really isnt, ihave such a narrow palate that i will 100% develop sleep apnea and tmj, u dont even want to see.

Can someone please list me all the benefits other than better smile, wider mouth and wider face (?)

I think I can get this.

Improving breathing, if a true skeletal expansion is done.

• +1
Reactions: DianabolDownie and Gaia262
Palate expansion is not cope. I expanded 6mm with a tooth-borne RPE. Active phase was 1 month, stabilizing phase of 4 months. Got a tooth gap, a bit after my final turn, closed within two months. Facial changes came after tooth gap closed. What I noticed: wider smile, wider lips, wider philtrum, slightly wider nose, no buccal corridor, but most importantly, mid face became "fuller"and wider and cheekbones became noticeably prominent, I can feel my zygos popping out of the side of my face, also gave me a noticeable Ogee curve in 3/4th view. Highly recommend.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: mogger797, Htobrother, Deleted member 6403 and 9 others
Palate expansion is not cope. I expanded 6mm with a tooth-borne RPE. Active phase was 1 month, stabilizing phase of 4 months. Got a tooth gap, a bit after my final turn, closed within two months. Facial changes came after tooth gap closed. What I noticed: wider smile, wider lips, wider philtrum, slightly wider nose, no buccal corridor, but most importantly, mid face became "fuller"and wider and cheekbones became noticeably prominent, I can feel my zygos popping out of the side of my face, also gave me a noticeable Ogee curve in 3/4th view. Highly recommend.

Good description. And imagine if you had gotten a bone-borne expander, especially MSE.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Htobrother, retard, DianabolDownie and 2 others
Good description. And imagine if you had gotten a bone-borne expander, especially MSE.

I can only imagine, it's funny because I had to argue with my ortho to give me a PE, I'm glad I didn't pussy out.

I can only imagine, it's funny because I had to argue with my ortho to give me a PE, I'm glad I didn't pussy out.

what was the cost and how'd you get your ortho to do it? thx

i think its givin me hooded eyes ngl i have SPE tooth borne tho, and it seems to be skeletal expansion so far.

what was the cost and how'd you get your ortho to do it? thx

Well I got the palate expander and now I'm following it up with braces, that whole plan costs around 5k, this ortho is on the pricier side but for good reason. As for how I got it, when my ortho was telling me what the plan was (before I started treatment), I literally just said that I wanted a palate expander because "my palate is narrow and I can't fit my tongue on the roof of my mouth." Then he started going on about how he didn't think I needed it, I waited for him to finish and then said that I was really disappointed that I wouldn't be getting a palate expander, he probably thought I was about to dip so he folded and said "fine, you can get one why not." I probably came off as an aspie but who cares, it was worth it.

Well I got the palate expander and now I'm following it up with braces, that whole plan costs around 5k, this ortho is on the pricier side but for good reason. As for how I got it, when my ortho was telling me what the plan was (before I started treatment), I literally just said that I wanted a palate expander because "my palate is narrow and I can't fit my tongue on the roof of my mouth." Then he started going on about how he didn't think I needed it, I waited for him to finish and then said that I was really disappointed that I wouldn't be getting a palate expander, he probably thought I was about to dip so he folded and said "fine, you can get one why not." I probably came off as an aspie but who cares, it was worth it.
braces are free here in sweden how should i convince her. ill just say "ive been having trouble fitting my tounge in the roof of my mouth"
is it really enough

• +1
Reactions: JFLbuddyboyo
braces are free here in sweden how should i convince her. ill just say "ive been having trouble fitting my tounge in the roof of my mouth"
is it really enough

Probably public funding orthodontic treatments is the main reason for so many extraction orthodontics and twin blocks and so in Sweden and other Scandinavian countries.

I don't think you will be able to convince any orthodontist there, to be honest, but you have nothing to loose.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
Probably public funding orthodontic treatments is the main reason for so many extraction orthodontics and twin blocks and so in Sweden and other Scandinavian countries.

I don't think you will be able to convince any orthodontist there, to be honest, but you have nothing to loose.
fuck this. all free things are bad

i had palate expander and yet i am still subhuman

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 4675
teeth palate expander won't do shit and the MSE (bone expander) will barely work. For good results i think i'll do MSE + zygos and jaw fillers

What is so bad about a twin block, i'm getting one soon for my deepbite.

Unpredictable results, TMJ issues, and no real skeletal effects, it works mainly through posturing and dental movements

I had palatal expanders as well for 4 months or so. See no difference in myself looking at photos before and now. I was 17 when I did it. However it did make me have a gap in my two front teeth and I thought it was cool but then it closed up. I also had braces during the entire treatment (and I still have them)

I had palatal expanders as well for 4 months or so. See no difference in myself looking at photos before and now. I was 17 when I did it. However it did make me have a gap in my two front teeth and I thought it was cool but then it closed up. I also had braces during the entire treatment (and I still have them)
I'm getting a twinblock to fix my deepbite and from what i saw the upper things is a palate expander, did you see a slight difference in nose width?

I'm getting a twinblock to fix my deepbite and from what i saw the upper things is a palate expander, did you see a slight difference in nose width?

Ah. I did not see an increase or decline in nose width - but this may have been because my nose is already relatively wide. I am Pakistani. Either way, I was awfully disappointed with my palatal expanders, and my ortho said they would help but I see nothing and I have asked people on reddit when showing photos of myself if they recommend surgery and they told me they recommend *expanding my upper jaw* which is fucking exactly what those palatal expanders were supposed to do. 4 months and a shit ton of money burned.

Can you please explain wider philtrum? Did your nose widen too?

Pics of before and after progress results or it didn't happen

Ah. I did not see an increase or decline in nose width - but this may have been because my nose is already relatively wide. I am Pakistani. Either way, I was awfully disappointed with my palatal expanders, and my ortho said they would help but I see nothing and I have asked people on reddit when showing photos of myself if they recommend surgery and they told me they recommend *expanding my upper jaw* which is fucking exactly what those palatal expanders were supposed to do. 4 months and a shit ton of money burned.
Ah thanks man, but if i may ask how old were you when it happened?

Boyo save yourself the pain and just get modified lefort 3 if possible. Yes obviously it's gonna be invasive but why spend money on a cope?

wider mouth wider and more projected zygos wider philtrum and generally wider midface

Ah thanks man, but if i may ask how old were you when it happened?

Yep. 17. Was back in September through end of December or beginning of January forgot the date.

what do people think about the Dna appliance? I know that AGGA is no good but I've been thinking of going with the DNA

Unpredictable results, TMJ issues, and no real skeletal effects, it works mainly through posturing and dental movements
If i may ask, what do you mean with Unpredictable results? Also does a twin block recess the maxilla. Cause how things are looking i'm getting one next week. I'm 16 btw

Boyo save yourself the pain and just get modified lefort 3 if possible. Yes obviously it's gonna be invasive but why spend money on a cope?
Leforts dont expand the palate horizontally

I think I can get this.
Wouldnt MSE be a better option for this ?

Can you please explain wider philtrum? Did your nose widen too?

Philtrum bro, like, the area above your lip under your nose, it literally got wider (my mom confirmed this lol). No my nose/nasal base did not get wider (mom also confirmed this). I don't know why I said it got wider in my original post.
Pics of before and after progress results or it didn't happen

fuck you gayboy

Last edited:
Philtrum bro, like, the area above your lip under your nose, it literally got wider (my mom confirmed this lol). No my nose/nasal base did not get wider (mom also confirmed this). I don't know why I said it got wider in my original post.

fuck you gayboy
But u r gay you mad fgt

fuck you gayboy
That's cool bro.