Palate Expansion Question

Deleted member 6403

Deleted member 6403

Made It Out The Hood
I'm currently 50mm in IMW, I have crowding mostly on my top set of teeth and a lesser amount on my bottom set.

If I use a removable palate expander and turn .5 MM a week, will my mandible also expand/catch up with my maxilla?

Or will I need a separate expander for my mandible? I can't afford MSE + MSDO rn, and I don't think I need too much expansion either way, only a small amount.

I am not expecting braces after this, or will they be needed even if im not expanding a lot?

Current 50mm in imw
Teeth crowding
Pick one

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS, randomguy1235, hairyballscel and 4 others
how did u measure it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403
i have 44mm and have perfect spacing between teeth and 0 crowding
you probably measured wrong bro

• +1
i have 44mm and have perfect spacing between teeth and 0 crowding
you probably measured wrong bro

what tooth did you measure from?

I'm measuring from my second to last molar

• +1
Reactions: JustRelax
I’m 40mm and I have no crowding. Are you measuring the inside of the molar to the other inside molar?

• +1
I’m 40mm and I have no crowding. Are you measuring the inside of the molar to the other inside molar?

here's a pic

No if you just dentally expand the upper arch nothing will happen to the lower

skeletal expansion has the POTENTIAL to expand the mandible, it will expand in children but no one knows if it will in adults

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and Deleted member 5385
No if you just dentally expand the upper arch nothing will happen to the lower

skeletal expansion has the POTENTIAL to expand the mandible, it will expand in children but no one knows if it will in adults

so if I expand even just a small amount, my mandible won't match with my maxilla? I'm 17

What should I do in this case then? My palate doesn't seem too narrow tbh other then the crowding in the front.

so if I expand even just a small amount, my mandible won't match with my maxilla? I'm 17

What should I do in this case then? My palate doesn't seem too narrow tbh other then the crowding in the front.
no since it wouldn’t be skeletal in nature, I would get Invisalign express since you have minimal crowding, it is quick and around 2k instead of the 5k Invisalign

• +1