PFL correlation with skull width and height?

Over

Over

Ascended with roids & ltr
I have two questions:

1. Is 30mm PFL (10mm height) good for 177cm manlet? Can people with similar height measure theirs? I measured with flexible tape almost touching my eyeball.

2. Is low PFL always correlated with bad FWHR? And high PFL with good FWHR?

I read that Chico has 29mm which is weird considering his gargantuan skull. Same about O'Pry as 31mm, here is the thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/pfl-measurements.14183/ do you guys think this is true?

• +1
Reactions: Hector and Deleted member 656
I have two questions:

1. Is 30mm PFL (10mm height) good for 177cm manlet? Can people with similar height measure theirs? I measured with flexible tape almost touching my eyeball.

I read that Chico has 29mm which is weird considering his gargantuan skull. Same about O'Pry as 31mm, here is the thread: https://looksmax.org/threads/pfl-measurements.14183/ do you guys think this is true?
what's your FWHR ?

177cm manlet
Did you mistype 167 cm? If not, no one actually 1.77 m will be called a manlet unless they're in an NBA locker room so you are certainly measuring wrong

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680, Germania, Hector and 2 others
what's your FWHR ?
Never measured because I never took picture of myself because if I see it my mental health collapse. That's why I am trying to figure out with PFL.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: owlofathena, Hector and Deleted member 2227
what's your FWHR ?
No evidence that facial width-to-height ratio (fWHR) is associated with women's sexual desire

Arnocky et al. [8] recently reported a positive relationship between fWHR and sexual desire. Because the strength of this correlation was not modulated by participant sex, Arnocky et al. [8] concluded that fWHR was potentially a valid cue of sexual desire in both men and women. Our analyses of fWHR and sexual desire in a large sample of women found no evidence that women’s sexual desire was related to their fWHR. Neither total, dyadic, nor solitary sexual desire was significantly correlated with fWHR. Like Arnocky et al. [8], we saw no evidence that face-shape sexual dimorphism was significantly correlated with sexual desire or sociosexual orientation.

[...]

The null results we report for sexual desire and women’s fWHR do not necessarily imply that the correlation between sexual desire and fWHR reported by Arnocky et al. [8] was a false positive. Although Arnocky et al. [8] found no evidence that the strength of the correlation between fWHR and sexual desire differed significantly between men and women, the correlation was not significant when women’s data were analyzed separately from men’s data. Thus, the relationship Arnocky et al. [8] observed for sexual desire and fWHR may have been driven primarily by men’s responses and face shapes.

In conclusion, despite having a very large sample size, we did not replicate Arnocky et al’s [8] finding that higher fWHR was associated with greater sexual desire. We suggest that our null results highlight the importance of replication in large samples for establishing the reliability of putative relationships between fWHR and behavioral tendencies.

I have also read this though

Judging a man by the width of his face: the role of facial ratios and dominance in mate choice at speed-dating events.

which is an older article stating that

This is the first study to show that male dominance and higher fWHRs are attractive to women for short-term relationships in a controlled and interactive situation that could actually lead to mating and dating.

but I'm trying to find if someone has cited it and do some kind of meta-analysis.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 470, Hector, Over and 1 other person
Did you mistype 167 cm? If not, no one actually 1.77 m will be called a manlet unless they're in an NBA locker room so you are certainly measuring wrong
I didn't mistype, I am 177,4cm, sometimes it seems to me like few foids mog me when I walk past them.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
No evidence that facial width-to-height ratio (fWHR) is associated with women's sexual desire

Judging a man by the width of his face: the role of facial ratios and dominance in mate choice at speed-dating events.

but I'm trying to find if someone has cited it and do some kind of meta-analysis.
i agree fwhr has nothing to do with attractiveness, but still it's better to have a wider face than the opposite.
ho
I didn't mistype, I am 177,4cm, sometimes it seems to me like few foids mog me when I walk past them.
how do you measure PFW ?
and what's your skull girth ? i'm literally in the same height range as you but closer to 5'11, and i have 23.6 inch

• +1
Reactions: Over

Interesting. I think FWHR really adds to your appearance. I also had theory that PSLers obsess with fwhr because women are high fwhr and thus it is attractive to hetero men.
i agree fwhr has nothing to do with attractiveness, but still it's better to have a wider face than the opposite.
ho

how do you measure PFW ?
and what's your skull girth ? i'm literally in the same height range as you but closer to 5'11, and i have 23.6 inch
I measured PFW with relaxed eyes no squinting. My skull circumference is 22,44 inch or 56cm

• +1
I read that Chico has 29mm which is weird considering his gargantuan skull.
This is a meme. His skull is normal.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2205 and Deleted member 3043
Interesting. I think FWHR really adds to your appearance. I also had theory that PSLers obsess with fwhr because women are high fwhr and thus it is attractive to hetero men.

I measured PFW with relaxed eyes no squinting. My skull circumference is 22,44 inch or 56cm
i mean how to you measure PFW ? starting to where to where ?
i have i believe a PFL somewhere between 33 to 35 MM, and IPD of 68 to 70

This is a meme. His skull is normal.
Really? I can see his skull is absurdly big on pictures and I think it is logical that someone with 190cm+ body will have very big skull tbh. But damn if Chico's at 29mm then my doubts disappear.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656
  • +1
Reactions: Over
i mean how to you measure PFW ? starting to where to where ?
i have i believe a PFL somewhere between 33 to 35 MM, and IPD of 68 to 70
From upper eyelid edge to lower eyelid edge I dont count whole eyeball ofc
Screenshot 20191008 175039 Firefox

Like blue line

And my eyes as relaxed as possible.

• +1
Reactions: Hector and Deleted member 3043
  • +1
No way that Chico has normal skull.

Screenshot 20191008 175422 Firefox

SmartSelect_20190929-090412_YouTube.gif

That's why it bothers me, how can he have only 29mm PFL? It's more like 40mm

• +1
it seems really bigger than people of his height MM though

View attachment 130329
SmartSelect_20190929-090412_YouTube.gif

That's why it bothers me, how can he have only 29mm PFL? It's more like 40mm
We've measured his bizygomatic and his PFL multiple times across multiple pictures

29 mm and a 14 cm bizygomatic, every time. The numbers don't die. Lens distortion and camera tricks, intentional or otherwise do. There is also a plethora of pictures where his skull looks average.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and Over
We've measured his bizygomatic and his PFL multiple times across multiple pictures

29 mm and a 14 cm bizygomatic, every time. The numbers don't die. Lens distortion and camera tricks, intentional or otherwise do. There is also a plethora of pictures where his skull looks average.
Huh only 14cm bizygo? That's something new. Did you measure Barrett's bizygo and PFL?

• +1
Huh only 14cm bizygo? That's something new. Did you measure Barrett's bizygo and PFL?
Barrett's bizygomatic is about 15 cm, can't remember his PFL.

Also 14 cm is above average. Average is around 13.7 cm iirc. When it comes to bizygomatic the subtle differences have a huge visual impact. Sort of similar to bideltoid where a few inches is the difference between average and absurd.

• +1
Reactions: Mayorga and Over
From upper eyelid edge to lower eyelid edge I dont count whole eyeball ofc View attachment 130327
Like blue line

And my eyes as relaxed as possible.
oh shit, i have 12-13 MM it's pretty bad i believe. i don't why but sometimes i feel like i have small scleral show. May be it's normal i don't know.

Also 14 cm is above average. Average is around 13.7 cm iirc. When it comes to bizygomatic the subtle differences have a huge visual impact. Sort of similar to bideltoid where a few inches is the difference between average and absurd.
is 12-13 mm PFW below average ?
do you have sometimes some white "part" showing below your eye balls ? i mean little scleral show or it's an issue ?

• +1

I once measured my bizygo with autistic method (place 2 boxes between my head and measure distance between them :lul:) and I got 14-14,5cm, that's why I am gonna ask, where can I measure it with professional calipers? First contact doctor? Or buy calipers myself.
oh shit, i have 12-13 MM it's pretty bad i believe. i don't why but sometimes i feel like i have small scleral show. May be it's normal i don't know.

do you have sometimes some white "part" showing below your eye balls ? i mean little scleral show or it's an issue ?
Squintmaxx fam. Also remember that you might get different results if you measuring at night, eye area is almost always worse by the night.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043 and Deleted member 656

Yeah it's an issue. Poor under-eye support. Slightly more than average I think.

I once measured my bizygo with autistic method (place 2 boxes between my head and measure distance between them :lul:) and I got 14-14,5cm, that's why I am gonna ask, where can I measure it with professional calipers? First contact doctor? Or buy calipers myself.
There used to be a Lookism thread on this but now it's been ogred. Cached version isn't working for me.

The diameter of the iris is 11.77 mm on average for males with extremely small standard deviations. You use that as a base to take the rest of the measurements and they'll be correct to within a very small margin of error. Complete the process of a variety of pictures and you can work out an average. It's very sensitive to lens distortion and angles so you need head on, clear, non-distorted pictures. Passport photos are perfect.

• +1
Reactions: Over and Deleted member 3043
Yeah it's an issue. Poor under-eye support. Slightly more than average I think.

There used to be a Lookism thread on this but now it's been ogred. Cached version isn't working for me.

The diameter of the iris is 11.77 mm on average for males with extremely small standard deviations. You use that as a base to take the rest of the measurements and they'll be correct to within a very small margin of error. Complete the process of a variety of pictures and you can work out an average. It's very sensitive to lens distortion and angles so you need head on, clear, non-distorted pictures. Passport photos are perfect.
I cant bear looking at my pictures I once snapped few selfies with phone by myself from arm length and for weeks after I was in big depression. Since then I have never taken a picture of my face. My passport picture is absolute ogre so I cant look at it either. Fuck me.

• +1
I cant bear looking at my pictures I once snapped few selfies with phone by myself from arm length and for weeks after I was in big depression. Since then I have never taken a picture of my face. My passport picture is absolute ogre so I cant look at it either. Fuck me.
It is what it is

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: HighIQcel, Deleted member 470, Deleted member 3043 and 1 other person
  • +1
I have two questions:

Chico big skull is a meme

• +1
Should your PFL be longer or your eye lenght horizontally ?
PFL is the eye length horizontally. I think great proportion is like at least 1:3 or something. Eye should always be wide horizontally and small vertically, it is the main and biggest requirement for good eye area.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 656 and Deleted member 3043
i mean basically, pfl is the eye lenght in a diagonal approach right ?
what about the measurement in a full horizontal way ?

• +1
i mean basically, pfl is the eye lenght in a diagonal approach right ?
what about the measurement in a full horizontal way ?
The two would necessarily be correlated unless you're talking about literally absurd tier canthal tilts.

• +1
The two would necessarily be correlated unless you're talking about literally absurd tier canthal tilts.
like identical or slight mm of difference ? since i find pretty exactly the same in both and it's easier to measure horizontally.

why do you say that with beeing lean, the UES could get worse ? i mean it's about bones no ?

• +1
like identical or slight mm of difference ? since i find pretty exactly the same in both and it's easier to measure horizontally.
It'd probably be more or less the same, maybe ever so slightly different if you have a strong canthal tilt.

why do you say that with beeing lean, the UES could get worse ? i mean it's about bones no ?
The scleral show will be the same but you lose the fat around your lower eyelid and the skin looks thinner. People with bad UES that get lean often get dark circles.

• +1
Big skulls don't seems to really exist, but if you are more highier than others so you skull you appear obviously bigger like all in your body.

• +1
It'd probably be more or less the same, maybe ever so slightly different if you have a strong canthal tilt.

The scleral show will be the same but you lose the fat around your lower eyelid and the skin looks thinner. People with bad UES that get lean often get dark circles.
so the longer cantalt tilt the longer lenght vertically compared to the pfl or it is the opposite ?

• +1
so the longer cantalt tilt the longer lenght vertically compared to the pfl or it is the opposite ?
Canthal tilt doesn't influence the length, nor the height. It just means that if you're measuring point to point you might get a different measurement than doing it completely horizontally.

Thats true, I have a small skull (my biggest falio) and I have pics next to my uncle of father who have very big skull and mine looks like the same. It also doesn't help because I am pretty tall and have big frame so my head looks even smaller.

If Chica has one falio is narrow shoulders, to it makes his head visually bigger

• +1

View attachment 130329

That's just angle advantage and lens distortion, you stupid cockroach.

How is your brain deceived by these super obvious camera distortions? A normal human brain would just immediately autocorrect the distorted image into what it would look like in real life.

Like a pitiful dog who doesn't know to walk around a fence.

Really? I can see his skull is absurdly big on pictures and I think it is logical that someone with 190cm+ body will have very big skull tbh. But damn if Chico's at 29mm then my doubts disappear.
PFL is just an a plus. CHico looks good without it because of his eye shape and harmony.

have you measured your skull circumference and pfl?

• +1
That's just angle advantage and lens distortion, you stupid cockroach.

How is your brain deceived by these super obvious camera distortions? A normal human brain would just immediately autocorrect the distorted image into what it would look like in real life.

Like a pitiful dog who doesn't know to walk around a fence.
So you want to tell me that "skull mog" doesnt exist and Chico has about same skull size as at 190cm+ as me at 177cm or someone at 165cm?

I've been living in a lie?