Photomaxxing

ShadowMonk

ShadowMonk

Ogreheart
Do you own a DSLR? What lens do you use?
Do you use a tripod and remote?
What do you use to control the lighting of your scene? a remote flash setup? reflectors?
What is your default processing steps? Do you use frequency seperation? How natural/snapshot vs. professional portraiture do your aim for stylistically?

• +1
Reactions: Zesto
when I had i had my panasonic gh4. i would always use the most natural lens i could get for the sensor size. just to make sure it was exactly as you would see in real life. no distortion and all that. i look 1000 times better when i stand back and use a dslr compared to a selfie camera on andriod. i dont know exactly why thst is and why i dont seem to notice it with anyone else but for me its drastic and crazy. its made me insecure and with me doing youtube very hard to upload content because im always aware of the lens distortion on my moto g6. just my two cents

My sister has a dslr. She’s also a designer and professional photographer. After my complete recovery from the surgery I’m gonna get some good pics taken by her.

• +1
Reactions: Zesto and mojopin
lmao fuck this shit. I own a dslr and photography is a hobby of mine, but none of my friends know how to use the damn thing. they can't even click the shutter on auto. All the pics I have of myself are frauded selfies with my shit ass phone.

goddamit REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

lmao fuck this shit. I own a dslr and photography is a hobby of mine, but none of my friends know how to use the damn thing. they can't even click the shutter on auto. All the pics I have of myself are frauded selfies with my shit ass phone.

goddamit REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
tripod + remote

• +1
Reactions: CopeMaxxer
My sister has a dslr. She’s also a designer and professional photographer. After my complete recovery from the surgery I’m gonna get some good pics taken by her.
When do you think that’ll be mate?

Own DSLR.

Becoming a master of photomaxxing tbh.

Use an 18-55mm lens. that way you can work out how to get maximum facial aesthetics.

allsmall.jpg

I do best at 55mm at distance.

The tech part is easy enough.

Composition matters more. If you're not a model looking guy, you need to majke things as casual as possible. being an ugly guy and getting fake modelling shots is the stupidest thing on planet.

_97294457_mediaitem97293875.jpg

jfl apparently this guy is a model.

but seriously, pro photoshoots that look pro whe you clearly arent a model make you look like a twat

instead the game is to make a pro photoshoot look as natural as possible.

this is difficult because you have to use tripods and remotes because most people know fuck all about photography

• +1
Reactions: 11gaijin
When do you think that’ll be mate?
You mean she doing my photoshoot? Next year tbh. I’ll be moving to SEA next month so when she comes to see me I’ll ask her to help me prepare a badass tinder account (pics mainly)

• +1
Reactions: Zesto and mojopin
Where are you heading? I live in Thailand.
Nice, I’ll be moving to Kuala Lumpur. Will try to visit Pattaya every month. You must be in Bangkok ?

• +1
You must be in Bangkok
Sure am.
Use an 18-55mm lens. that way you can work out how to get maximum facial aesthetics.
I do best at 55mm at distance.
You should get a 50mm fixed focal length then. They are usually the most affordable lenses and you'll be able to go down around f2.0 which will give creamy bokeh. Remember there is a 1.6 crop on most DSLRs, so if you're using the kit lens you'll need a 35mm to get 55mm equivalence.
I already own a 50mm f1.8 and a 85mm f1.2 but they are both a bit too long on my cropsensor so a 35mm f2.0 is on my list of purchase together with a tripod, camera remote and flash remote.

The 85mm gives amazing results but I don't think it is fit for dating pictures. It is difficult to use for storytelling, you don't get connotations of action with it, only the subject is in focus and never fullbody unless you're at 20m distance.

I am thinking natural sunlight + background/rim light flash + fill flash on the street with a 35mm on a 1.6 crop is the optimal setup for dating photos.

• +1
when I had i had my panasonic gh4. i would always use the most natural lens i could get for the sensor size. just to make sure it was exactly as you would see in real life. no distortion and all that. i look 1000 times better when i stand back and use a dslr compared to a selfie camera on andriod. i dont know exactly why thst is and why i dont seem to notice it with anyone else but for me its drastic and crazy. its made me insecure and with me doing youtube very hard to upload content because im always aware of the lens distortion on my moto g6. just my two cents
I'm feeling the same except when I compare myself in the mirror to myself in photos.
My nose looks significantly larger on photos than it does IRL.

Also, is owning a DSLR the trick to how chads always look so good in selfies? Do they really try that hard?

Happy9

I do not own DSLR but I have tips for photos.

1) Always take outdoor shots in brightest sun (lighting is key to good photos, and there is no better light than the sun at high noon).

2) If you're taking selfies, hold the camera as far from as you as possible to make your face look better. I would even recommend a selfie stick and extending that all the way out to take the best shots. You can always crop the photo later to make it look like it was taken close.

3) Use the Line Camera app to lighten your skin and clear up blemishes/imperfections. You can take a photo with your regular camera, and then run it through the Line Camera app for some really easy editing.

I will be using all of the above strategies for my tinder and insta I will be using to meet Tokyo girls when I leave at the end of December and stay for the month of January.