Plate closure is not asynchronous

barnmatrix

barnmatrix

Silver
In my opinion it is important to check your plates before / during heightmaxing, but there are some misconceptions around growth plate closure. Should you check your plates? Yes, if your gonna heightmax then its worth it to get an x ray done as this can help gauge your potential, but if your plates are closed in one region its not "over" for you. When I was 16 I got an x ray of my right wrist and they told me that my plates had closed, if I had listened I would have never grown taller, but I continued my regimen recognizing that not all plates close at the same time and I ended up growing more. The best metric of how much potential your bones have left is a bone age x ray conducted on the left wrist. You can ask your general practitioner to do this for you and it may or may not be covered by insurance, if not then it would be around $200. Another misconception is that plates are either closed or open, growth plates can be partially closed or closing and in this case are still capable of increasing in length. The general order of bone closure is as follows - hands and feet, wrists, femur and tibia, spine. With the spine being the last part of the body to fuse/stop growing.

• +1
Reactions: chinmax, slavicpsycho, Pandora and 3 others
water

• +1
Reactions: chosen-one
How to make x-ray at home do those play store apps work

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: AySab, EzikoIsHere, kyrre and 14 others
  • +1
Reactions: vampyre and Perfection
Not to most of the people on here asking for "heightmaxxing" tips, alot of them are retards
I sometimes forget that people on here don't do their own research.

• +1
Reactions: NordicLeonhard
Personaly I think anyone under 25 should assume growth plates are open somewhere and blast to see what happens. I see too many cases of young adults growing to write it off based on a wrist xray

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26
I sometimes forget that people on here don't do their own research.
Its hard for me to forget since everyday im bombarded by greycel posts that say shit like "Im 15 with hunter eyes can i become chad?"

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: m0ss26, vampyre and Perfection
water

also, you mean to say "growth plate closure is asynchronous"

Personaly I think anyone under 25 should assume growth plates are open somewhere and blast to see what happens. I see too many cases of young adults growing to write it off based on a wrist xray
maybe 20 and under yeah. although blasting with no evidence of potential could yield both good and bad side effects.

its not bro.
do you not know the difference?

synchronous = at the same time
asynchronous = not at the same time

growth plate closure is asynchronous

do you not know the difference?

synchronous = at the same time
asynchronous = not at the same time

growth plate closure is asynchronous
Slight wording mistake by him, but the overall message is clear

• +1
Reactions: m0ss26
How do you ask your doctor for a growth plate x ray do you just straight up say hey can you x ray me so i can see if my growth plates are still open

In my opinion it is important to check your plates before / during heightmaxing, but there are some misconceptions around growth plate closure. Should you check your plates? Yes, if your gonna heightmax then its worth it to get an x ray done as this can help gauge your potential, but if your plates are closed in one region its not "over" for you. When I was 16 I got an x ray of my right wrist and they told me that my plates had closed, if I had listened I would have never grown taller, but I continued my regimen recognizing that not all plates close at the same time and I ended up growing more. The best metric of how much potential your bones have left is a bone age x ray conducted on the left wrist. You can ask your general practitioner to do this for you and it may or may not be covered by insurance, if not then it would be around $200. Another misconception is that plates are either closed or open, growth plates can be partially closed or closing and in this case are still capable of increasing in length. The general order of bone closure is as follows - hands and feet, wrists, femur and tibia, spine. With the spine being the last part of the body to fuse/stop growing.

While Yes, bone age X-rays aren't the end all be all, it should always be used as a ceiling on how much you can grow from a stack and what your expectations should, be if any of your growth plates are closed (besides including your feet growth plates), then you should be ok with the reality that you may not gain one inch on a stack.

Closure of growth plates is much more particular than that, as I believe you know but for anyone viewing this post, it's important to see that even different sides of these long bones close at different times. For example, your ankle will close much earlier than the top of your tibia.

This dosen't include spine, but it gives a decent understanding.

• +1
Reactions: barnmatrix
How do you ask your doctor for a growth plate x ray do you just straight up say hey can you x ray me so i can see if my growth plates are still open
thats one way to go about it, but depending on your doctor they will say either yes or no and if they say yes they may charge you a couple hundred bucks. In some countries you can get them without the doctors approval.

While Yes, bone age X-rays aren't the end all be all, it should always be used as a ceiling on how much you can grow from a stack and what your expectations should, be if any of your growth plates are closed (besides including your feet growth plates), then you should be ok with the reality that you may not gain one inch on a stack.

Closure of growth plates is much more particular than that, as I believe you know but for anyone viewing this post, it's important to see that even different sides of these long bones close at different times. For example, your ankle will close much earlier than the top of your tibia.

View attachment 2573466

Very good point yeah. Also important to note that the spine can stop growing / fuse way later (around 20-25)

Where did you find that chart from was there more to it?

Greycels can cope as much as they can but theyw ont get an ounce of growth in legs after 16 , i can bet on that

Larping??? Ur low iq or somethin ,i said u wont gain an inch in legs , all i gained was in torso and shoulders and had the same jeans length as before @jackb0y

View attachment 2573466

Where do WristPlates fall into this?