Please recommend some natural sources of collagen

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken
I take collagen peptides but I think getting collagen from whole animal tissues would be ideal.

• +1
Reactions: T3cel, mvp2v1 and Krakowski
Drumsticks are good I eat the skin, cartilage, tendons, small amounts of the bone, but I’d rather reduce my chicken intake as it has a higher percentage of PUFA compared to beef.

@Krakowski i can’t find anything I could eat salmon with the skin but too much PUFA there’s pork skin snacks too but they are fried and therefore unhealthy

There’s bone broth but could there be toxic stuff in the bones?

what brand and type of peptides do you take at the moment? some brands will have drastically different amino acid profiles. if collagen peptides aren't your thing, gelatin also has a good amino profile and is quite versatile.

additionally, bone broth that originates from a bovine source is most ideal if you're looking for a liquid source, try and look for pasture-raised to avoid any chances

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
what brand and type of peptides do you take at the moment?
Vital proteins

some brands will have drastically different amino acid profiles. if collagen peptides aren't your thing, gelatin also has a good amino profile and is quite versatile.

additionally, bone broth that originates from a bovine source is most ideal if you're looking for a liquid source, try and look for pasture-raised to avoid any chances
Yep gelatin is good, thx bro

• +1
Reactions: T3cel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back