POLL: Have you experienced side effects from Finasteride?

Have you experienced side effects from finasteride

• Yes

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
why'd you switch?

Finasteride was good but not strong enough.

No regrowth from either.

Finasteride maybe decreased my hair loss by let's say 85% while Dutasteride decreased it by 98%+

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
when'd you start noticing slowing down of shedding/ regrowth?
It's my 6th month and I now shed less than 5 hair a day. I had a shed initially but now I love it that I hopped on it. No sides whatsoever.

It's my 6th month and I now shed less than 5 hair a day. I had a shed initially but now I love it that I hopped on it. No sides whatsoever.
when'd you notice results?

No regrowth from either.

Finasteride maybe decreased my hair loss by let's say 85% while Dutasteride decreased it by 98%+
I'm also thinking to add duta 1mg once a week.
when'd you notice results?
I have not noticed any significant regrowth yet but it has completely stopped my shedding/miniaturisation. I think you should give 9 months at the very least.
I think miniaturisation stop in just 1 week or 2 and miniaturised hairs shed which is called shedding. This phase lasts 2 weeks to 8 weeks.

Again shedding is not Androgenic Alopecia, miniaturisation is. Shedding some hair is normal.

Last edited:
I'm also thinking to add duta 1mg once a week.

I don't think once per week will do you much. Try EOD if you don't want to go ED to begin with. Granted, it's going to cost you more since it's capsules, you can't split.

I’m 19 been on fin for since August 12 2019 no sides and it seems like my crown is getting thicker

• +1
Reactions: GenericChad1444
I don't think once per week will do you much. Try EOD if you don't want to go ED to begin with. Granted, it's going to cost you more since it's capsules, you can't split.
With fin 1mg ED, duta once a week has been shown to help alot. You assumed duta once a week alone ... No?

my dad's male side is very bad balding genetics

my moms male side is ok balding genetics, my moms father norwooded till nw2 and stopped there for rest of his life. im norwood 0.5 atm as ive been all my life and noticed some recession so im contemplating fin

but again its such a hard decision cuz id be fine if it stopped at nw2 and would rather cope with hairsryles etc instead of dealing with PFS and sides

but if its my dads thing, i need to hop on asap. its a coinflip
No one lost their hair on either side of my family while I've been at NW 2.5 since 16 or so plus I'm the only one in my family struggling with acne...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2486
With fin 1mg ED, duta once a week has been shown to help alot. You assumed duta once a week alone ... No?

No, together with finasteride. Try whatever you want mate.

• +1
Reactions: I'mme
No one lost their hair on either side of my family while I've been at NW 2.5 since 16 or so plus I'm the only one in my family struggling with acne...
Start taking Spironolactone and do prettyboy maxing or it's over

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 2205

No regrowth from either.

Regrowth is probably dependent on how quickly you take it right? If the follicles just began shrinking you have more of a chance of regrowth, i.e-taking it within the 1st year of your balding, as opposed to waiting 2-3 years where the follicles have shrunk taking it longer to grow back