Possible to split midpalatal suture with thumbs alone?

retard

retard

rides a short bus to school
Studies say that RPE is done with a maximum of 10Kg (100 newtons), and this is enough to split the midpalatal suture
84E102A7 E739 4379 8660 FF879A79BF9F

I am a average strength person at best and I am capable of pulling 26 KGs with both hands, this is 2.5x the maximum amount of force needed to split the suture, meaning the only thing preventing a split is time,

Some gymcels on this forum are probably capable of generating 40 KGs at max strength, I would presume this would be more than enough to split the suture rather quickly

this means that given a lot of dedication you could probably split the midpalatal suture without mse and just thumbpulling

I’m going to be researching how to naturally increase the lower dental arch width naturally (chewing) before I begin this to make sure if I develop a cross bite, I can correct it without needing MSDO or SFOT/braces

• +1
Reactions: IWantToMax and PrisonMike
Studies say that RPE is done with a maximum of 10Kg (100 newtons), and this is enough to split the midpalatal suture
View attachment 389508

I am a average strength person at best and I am capable of pulling 26 KGs with both hands, this is 2.5x the maximum amount of force needed to split the suture, meaning the only thing preventing a split is time,

Some gymcels on this forum are probably capable of generating 40 KGs at max strength, I would presume this would be more than enough to split the suture rather quickly

this means that given a lot of dedication you could probably split the midpalatal suture without mse and just thumbpulling

I’m going to be researching how to naturally increase the lower dental arch width naturally (chewing) before I begin this to make sure if I develop a cross bite, I can correct it without needing MSDO or SFOT/braces
Mse is 24/7 pressure thumbs is 5min

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
Mse is 24/7 pressure thumbs is 5min
Yes that’s true but the magnitude of force is over 2x greater than MSE, some people on here could generate 4x the force of MSE, it may not work, highly theoretical after all but the only way to see if it’s legit is to test it

• +1
Literally just get MSE

Literally just get MSE
the money you would save by doing it without mse would be enough to get surgeries that could raise your psl another entire point

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ungewist, andothamando, newdldewdl and 3 others
View attachment 389508

what is your palate width ?

the money you would save by doing it without mse would be enough to get surgeries that could raise your psl another entire point
Im getting MSE and Msdo for less then 5k

• +1
Interesting. First time visiting the shithole after ~5 months and here goes a thread on exactly what I've been thinking lately.

I've got no idea whether its thumbsplittable or nah but
indeed a short while of me thumbpulling my palate left and right improved my smile a.k.a. wow it works

tbh planned to post a before/after but stopped the routine due to antidepressants working too well

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21796 and retard
what is your palate width ?
Don’t know for sure since I had premolars extractions which makes it hard to get a standardized IMW measurement since it’s normally from first molar to first molar, but I have 12 teeth showing when I smile hard

My bizygo width is 5mm below average though, which is what I hope to improve from splitting suture

• +1
Im getting MSE and Msdo for less then 5k
where?????????????

I think you could fuck this up and put uneven amounts of pressure/push in the wrong direction and fuck up your palate.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
Interesting. First time visiting the shithole after ~5 months and here goes a thread on exactly what I've been thinking lately.

I've got no idea whether its thumbsplittable or nah but
indeed a short while of me thumbpulling my palate left and right improved my smile a.k.a. wow it works

tbh planned to post a before/after but stopped the routine due to antidepressants working too well
Did you feel a shift in your occlusion?

Don’t know for sure since I had premolars extractions which makes it hard to get a standardized IMW measurement since it’s normally from first molar to first molar, but I have 12 teeth showing when I smile hard

My bizygo width is 5mm below average though, which is what I hope to improve from splitting suture
if you already have 12 teeth while you smile mse or any kind of maxillary expansion would be ridiculous on your face.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3202
Did you feel a shift in your occlusion?
I can't remember. Major occlusion changes won't happen anyway as mandible responds to the expansion