Post-surgery pain

D

Deleted member 9919

Bronze
Question for those who've had some surgeries already... do you still feel any pain, headaches, migraines, etc. years later? Any other post-surgery side effects you've noticed that didn't really become noticeable/show up until a few years later?

Morphine not only kills the pain but also makes you very high. On it, I could watch trash anime and make them feel like the best anime ever. I could get chills just by going into a swimming pool. And I was never sad, bored or depressed. Seriously, morphine is really the miracle drug. If it can do that, it can probably cure sucidial thoughts and depression. The only downside is that all those benefits are temporary and the drug is too dangerous to be consumed every day in high enough doses since it's easy to become addicted to morphine.

My face would swell up every couple of months after I got chin filler. This happened for 2 years.

Was it an allergic reaction? Or just somehow the nerves and stuff are still sensitive?

Morphine not only kills the pain but also makes you very high. On it, I could watch trash anime and make them feel like the best anime ever. I could get chills just by going into a swimming pool. And I was never sad, bored or depressed. Seriously, morphine is really the miracle drug. If it can do that, it can probably cure sucidial thoughts and depression. The only downside is that all those benefits are temporary and the drug is too dangerous to be consumed every day in high enough doses since it's easy to become addicted to morphine.

Yea, I was thinking about addiction problems for long-term pain management when you mentioned morphine.

Yea, I was thinking about addiction problems for long-term pain management when you mentioned morphine.
The dose that doctors put you on isn't enough to make you addicted, when I said that it's very addictive, I was mostly talking about guys who buy it illegally, like in the tv show Mr Robot where the main character uses morphine to deal with his past childhood trauma and his constant depression until he becomes addicted and has to try to quit. Morphine isn't like hardcore drugs but it's still very addictive if the dose isn't closely monitored by a medical professional.

Question for those who've had some surgeries already... do you still feel any pain, headaches, migraines, etc. years later? Any other post-surgery side effects you've noticed that didn't really become noticeable/show up until a few years later?

My first surgery was vaser liposuction, the local anaesthetic wore off/wasn't enough so I was being cut raw, the pain and the adrenaline nearly killed me (imagine a power drill inside your belly). the surgeon had to call it off half way ( I had a revision later)

Only post surgery problem I had was scarring and hyper pigmentation, the amount of blood leaking blood under the skin can literally tattoo your skin. So a year later my skin has dark patches on it. This is just for vaser liposuction btw..

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4416, Deleted member 9919 and Be_ConfidentBro
My first surgery was vaser liposuction, the local anaesthetic wore off/wasn't enough so I was being cut raw, the pain and the adrenaline nearly killed me (imagine a power drill inside your belly). the surgeon had to call it off half way ( I had a revision later)

Only post surgery problem I had was scarring and hyper pigmentation, the amount of blood leaking blood under the skin can literally tattoo your skin. So a year later my skin has dark patches on it. This is just for vaser liposuction btw..

That sounds incredibly painful. :eek: Does your skin still have dark patches or has it faded a bit?

That sounds incredibly painful. :eek: Does your skin still have dark patches or has it faded a bit?

Its faded mostly, its due to reisdual iron in the blood from what i have read.

I just got unlucky tbh. The surgery is actually lightly painful when the anaesthetic works.

Its a lot less now but Definately still there.

Doesnt bother me and no one else notices.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9919
My face would swell up every couple of months after I got chin filler. This happened for 2 years.

I got 3ml of Juvaderm Voluma
Aren't you like 15?

• +1
Reactions: Administrator
@RealSurgerymax Are you by chance familiar with this side effect or know why this happened? To avoid confusion my whole face didn't swell up. It was just the general area and around it where the filler was injected was effected.

This was probably a bacterially colonized filler aliquot. This is not exactly an infection, the immune system could keep it at bay but at times of immune weakness It would flare up. Common with cysts and encapsulated foreign objects like contaminated pieces of non-resorbable suture.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9919 and Administrator
ur gonna have post surgery pain from realizing that not even surgery made u less of a truecel

I remember a pattern of it showing up sometimes after I got a cold. Is a bacterially colonized filler aliquot due to an injectors negligence or does my body just not like fillers?

Probably Neither:

- A bacterially colonized aliquot (or whatever you want to call it - drop, thread, bolus, clump...) has nothing to do with body’s intolerance for filler. Body’s intolerance for filler would be an immune response in the absence of bacteria. The likelihood of immune system attacking uncontaminated deposits of hyaluronic acid based filler seems very unlikely since it is naturally occurring.

-It probably is not negligence either. A complication does not mean negligence, complications can happen when all precautions are properly taken. Negligence is when the standard accepted basic guidelines are blatantly disregarded.

Many people may not know you can’t sterilize skin. You can disinfect it fairly well but never get it completely free of pathogens which is what sterility is. So there is always a small chance of introducing bacteria.

If every doctor got in trouble for every complication, there would be no doctors.

• +1
Reactions: lasthope, Deleted member 9919 and Administrator