potential thyroidmaxxing (weight loss, sex hormones etc.)

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
I believe I was about to catch a stomach bug yesterday from drinking fresh milk that had been stored outside overnight (I have no fridge). Had weird stomach rumbling, upper abdominal pain, indigestion and a skin rash so I took 4 drops of lugol's iodine with water and - not surprisingly - all these issues disappeared (iodine kills bacteria on contact). 1 drop of lugol's iodine contains 6.5 mg of iodine, so 4 drops = 26 mg iodine. It's quite a large dose and, to my surprise, I noticed these effects as well: bronchodilation - my airways opened up and I could breathe much better, I felt kinda hot and sweated lightly and my heart rate would elevate also. Today after taking zinc with selenium (cofactor for thyroid hormone production), my heart rate is elevated again and I feel kinda hot like yesterday. My breathing is still better than before as well. Another thing is that my eyes were not even in the slightest bit puffy when I woke up.

This makes me wonder if there's a safe way to normalize/increase thyroid function without doing damage. Iodine is a controversial topic and some believe that excess iodine can cause thyroid dysfunction/damage the thyroid gland.

Any experts here? @Mayorga @Wincel

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: SteveRogers, Pandora and Deleted member 1973
Why the fuck don't you have a fridge? LMFAO

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: middayshowers and Deleted member 1973
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: GoMadAndSTFU, LowTierNormie and Deleted member 685
my thyroid is ten times smaller than of an average male

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
  • +1
Reactions: fakemeta.
  • +1
Reactions: Dicklet.4.3, Deleted member 1973 and LowTierNormie
Hyperthyroidism? Do you take iodine or eat foods rich in iodine?

I was supposed to take pills to regulate my current state, but if I were to start taking it I would be enslaved to it till my grave.

Therefore I'm ceasing as I'm still making my mind

Because of this unfortunate occurence my growth had stunted and I have higher tendency to gain weight

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
I was supposed to take pills to regulate my current state, but if I were to start taking it I would be enslaved to it till my grave.

Therefore I'm ceasing as I'm still making my mind

Because of this unfortunate occurence my growth had stunted and I have higher tendency to gain weight
I see
I'm thrilled about the commitment here as usual lol

Last edited:
Did you perceive a change in your overall energy through all the day?

Did you perceive a change in your overall energy through all the day?
Tbf I'm feeling kinda hyperthyroidish today. My heart is not racing but it's beating way faster than normal as if I had too much caffeine. And I'm just sitting here, not doing anything exhausting. Mentally I'm the same.

Tbf I'm feeling kinda hyperthyroidish today. My heart is not racing but it's beating way faster than normal as if I had too much caffeine. And I'm just sitting here, not doing anything exhausting. Mentally I'm the same.
Where do u sleep bro

Mmm ok, I've always been told that knowing your thyroid health by yourself is pretty hard, get yourself a TSH test.

It may sound like a meme, but the best things you can do for your thyroid are the good ol' practices that everyone knows but nobody does. Keeping a cyrcadian rythm, no stress, no electrolyte imbalance, no gut bacteria imbalance you know the things that actually solve problems but don't sell. You should be focusing on the real cause behind it rather than "normalizing thyroid hormone levels"

I think Vitamin A, Chromium and Iron can also help to it, but not to the point where you can regulate it by yourself.

and personally I recommend you to do frequently cold exposure.

Mmm ok, I've always been told that knowing your thyroid health by yourself is pretty hard, get yourself a TSH test.

It may sound like a meme, but the best things you can do for your thyroid are the good ol' practices that everyone knows but nobody does. Keeping a cyrcadian rythm, no stress, no electrolyte imbalance, no gut bacteria imbalance you know the things that actually solve problems but don't sell. You should be focusing on the real cause behind it rather than "normalizing thyroid hormone levels"

I think Vitamin A, Chromium and Iron can also help to it, but not to the point where you can regulate it by yourself.

and personally I recommend you to do frequently cold exposure.
Iodine is essential for the thyroid and all other organs. So I wouldn't wanna overlook it. Instead I want to learn more about it.

• +1
Reactions: Dios
Be careful. Iodine can fuck your thyroid up permanently

• +1
You said u were houseless. Where do u live then?
Yes, not homeless.
Be careful. Iodine can fuck your thyroid up permanently
This is what I'm trying to figure out. So much controversy. Too little can fuck you up, too much can fuck you up but how much is optimal?

Yes, not homeless.

This is what I'm trying to figure out. So much controversy. Too little can fuck you up, too much can fuck you up but how much is optimal?
So u live in a shared room or something?

Studies are usually done with 5-12.5 mg of Iodine

And they recommend to not go above 16-20mg of Iodine.

Again depends on your genes.

According to the Japanese Ministry of Health and Welfare, the average daily intake of seaweed is 4.6 gm. At an average of 0.3% I content (range = 0.08-0.45%), that is an estimated daily I intake of 13.8 mg

• +1

Studies are usually done with 5-12.5 mg of Iodine

And they recommend to not go above 16-20mg of Iodine.

Again depends on your genes.
I guess I'm gonna work my way up to two drops of lugol's iodine per day which resembles roughly the amount in the study. I believe that increasing my iodine intake could benefit me. My breathing is way better after those four drops yesterday and my eyes have zero puffiness. The heater has been turned off the whole day because I'm feeling warm enough wearing only a t-shirt.

• +1
Reactions: Dios
I'm not knowledgeable on this topic but 26 GRAMS seems a helluva lot, considering that the RDA is in the micrograms-range