Prediction for the Italy vs. Spain Euro Game?

Part-Time Chad

Part-Time Chad

Mistral
title

• WTF
Reactions: try2beme
Italy got brutally dominated by Spanish chads. Absolutely over for italiancels

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
That was the worst Italian national team I've seen in my lifetime, and I've been following the World Cup before you were born.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: futuregigamogger, Darkeningstar and lonelyguy326
That was the worst Italian national team I've seen in my lifetime, and I've been following the World Cup before you were born.
Same. I turned off the game. Couldn’t even keep watching. It hurt to watch. By far the worst I’ve ever seen Italy.

• +1
Reactions: futuregigamogger and Part-Time Chad
Just for the record, the goal 'scored' against Italy was an own-goal.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar and try2beme
I'm a white nigger

Same. I turned off the game. Couldn’t even keep watching. It hurt to watch. By far the worst I’ve ever seen Italy.
Is half the team black lmao

Italy is crap, the worse Italy in history on paper

• +1
Reactions: Part-Time Chad and try2beme
Just for the record, the goal 'scored' against Italy was an own-goal.

I thought Italy was always a shit team who won on chokehold defence and lucky goals.

• +1
Reactions: Darkeningstar
I thought Italy was always a shit team who won on chokehold defence and lucky goals.
Not at all.
See Euro 2021- World Cup 1982 (beating Argentina-Brazil-Germany in the same tournament)

Maybe World Cup 2006 - Euro 1968

I'm not counting World Cup 1934 - 1938

Is half the team black lmao
Spain has Yamal and Nico Williams. Also Le Normand and Laporte are French.
Italy has Jorginho (Brazilian), Retegui (Argentinian). Only Folorunsho is black (bench player, Nigerian).

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
Italy is crap, the worse Italy in history on paper
Just like everything else in the culture today has been turned on its head, so too have soccer teams.
I never thought I'd live to see the day when Spain could dominate Italy. Spain has historically been a non-factor in soccer. The traditional soccer powerhouses have always been the following, in this order:

1) Brazil
2) Italy
3) Germany
4) Argentina
5) England
6) Netherlands
7) France

Last edited:
  • +1
Just like everything else in the culture today has been turned on its head, so too have soccer teams.
I never thought I'd live to see the day when Spain could dominate Italy. Spain has historically been a non-factor in soccer. The traditional soccer powerhouses have always been the following, in this order:

1) Brazil
2) Italy
3) Germany
4) Argentina
5) England
6) Netherlands
I honestly don't think too much of Italy's World Cup 34 and 38 (and I am Italian). For me it's been like this last 60 years
- Brazil
- Germany
- Argentina
- Italy

- France
- England and Spain

Last edited:
I honestly don't think too much of Italy's World Cup 34 and 38 (and I am Italian). For me it's been like this last 60 years
- Brazil
- Germany
- Argentina
- Italy
- France
- England and Spain
Even if you omit those ancient victories, Italy has still been top tier since at least 1970, if not longer.

You think Argentina is historically superior to Italy? I mean, Germany is subject to argument (even though they always get their asses handed to them by Italy in the WC), but Argentina??

Last edited:
  • +1
Even if you omit those ancient victories, Italy has still been top tier since at least 1970, if not longer.

You think Argentina is historically superior to Italy? I mean, Germany is subject to argument (even though they always get their asses handed to them by Italy in the WC), but Argentina??
Yes, since after the World War (1950-...) onward, Italy has:
- 2 World Cup 1982-2006
2 Euro: 1968 - 2021

- 2 World Cup final 1970-1994
- 2 World Cup semifinal 1978-1990
- Quarterfinal 1998
- Euro 1988 semifinal, 2012 Final

Argentina has:
- 3 World cup 1978-1986-2022
- 6 Copa America (I do not dispute that the Euro is worth more).

- 2 World Cup finals (1990-2014)
4 Quarter finals (1966-1998-2006-2010)

- many honorable Copa America placements

If you weigh the victories of 34 and 38 more Italy is better.
I also weigh a little Italy's non-participation in the World Cup (2018-2022).
Germany is quite a bit more continuous since the postwar period:
- 4 World Cup (1 in 1954)
- 3 Euro

- 4 World Cup final (1966-1982-1986-2002)

Germany is enormous historically

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Part-Time Chad
Yes, since after the World War (1950-...) onward, Italy has:
- 2 World Cup 1982-2006
2 Euro: 1968 - 2021

- 2 World Cup final 1970-1994
- 2 World Cup semifinal 1978-1990
- Quarterfinal 1998
- Euro 1988 semifinal, 2012 Final

Argentina has:
- 3 World cup 1978-1986-2022
- 6 Copa America (I do not dispute that the Euro is worth more).

- 2 World Cup finals (1990-2014)
4 Quarter finals (1966-1998-2006-2010)

- many honorable Copa America placements

If you weigh the victories of 34 and 38 more Italy is better.
I also weigh a little Italy's non-participation in the World Cup (2018-2022).
Germany is quite a bit more continuous since the postwar period:
- 4 World Cup (1 in 1954)
- 3 Euro

- 4 World Cup final (1966-1982-1986-2002)

Germany is enormous historically
Can't argue the stats, but what about weighing Italy's status based on their performance against Argentina and Germany in the WC, Euros, friendlies, etc., as well as against other nations?

• +1
Can't argue the stats, but what about weighing Italy's status based on their performance against Argentina and Germany in the WC, Euros, friendlies, etc., as well as against other nations?

There is something interesting here

• +1

There is something interesting here

OK, so, according to this analyst, the truth is somewhere between us-- Italy is ranked 3rd place, over Germany, but behind Argentina.

• +1
OK, so, according to this analyst, the truth is somewhere between us-- Italy is ranked 3rd place, over Germany, but behind Argentina.
Yes, only that Germany used to be divided into West and East, if merged has a win ratio second only to Brazil

• +1
Yes, only that Germany used to be divided into West and East, if merged has a win ratio second only to Brazil
But it's interesting that Italy has always kicked Germany's ass in WC play. Styles make matches, I guess.

• +1
But it's interesting that Italy has always kicked Germany's ass in WC play. Styles make matches, I guess.
Yes, I saw a very interesting thing about that in this regard. It was something along the lines of "you can't beat the Brazilians if you play while having fun."

For example, Argentina suffers terribly from Germany, they lost 2 World Cup finals against them

• +1
They called it catenaccio and acted as if it was a new tactical system

• Woah
Reactions: romanstock
Yes, but in teams past they actually had top class defenders to pull off that strategy. These days they don’t even have that. If not for Donnarumma this game would’ve been 5-0

• +1
Reactions: MaghrebGator
Yes, but in teams past they actually had top class defenders to pull off that strategy. These days they don’t even have that. If not for Donnarumma this game would’ve been 5-0
Dude Italy's defense was crazy Maldini-Nesta-Cannavaro-Zambrotta all time defenders and then that crazy Gattusso on the midfield and De Rossi. They won the WC without Maldini with Grosso substituting him and i remember he did an amazing tournament while he wasn't even a known player

• +1
Reactions: lonelyguy326