Preventing "roid skin"

D

Deleted member 23391

7" dicklet 5'10" manlet
How do we prevent the undesirable changes to skin texture with androgen use?

My skin has been starting to look "rougher" after 6 months of T, no acne though. This is something I want to avoid. I'm thinking topical antiandrogens like RU58841, clascoterone, and pyrilutamide, as well as topical estradiol. The problem is most estradiol cream is supposed to act as a vehicle to carry it into the serum, which we wouldn't want.

• Ugh..
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Topical progesterone. Topical estradiol will make it worse.

Topical progesterone. Topical estradiol will make it worse.
estradiol is great for skin

increases skin firmness, elasticity, collagen and elastin production

progestins stimulate sebum production

estradiol is great for skin

increases skin firmness, elasticity, collagen and elastin production

progestins stimulate sebum production

Progestins have anti progesterone activity.

Estradiol increases collagen through a hormesis mechanism. You need better collagen cross-linking not just extra collagen formed through a stress reaction. You also need to specifically target ER alpha for even that to occur .

"Estrogen helps retain and restore skin moisture through the promotion of sebum secretion, primarily by regulating the expression of insulin-like growth factor receptors and increasing the production of insulin-like growth factors from fibroblasts (Ashcroft et al., 1997), which in turn induces lipogenesis in human sebocytes and leads to moisture retention. Additionally, estrogen therapy elevates the levels of mucopolysaccharides and hyaluronic acids in the dermis to keep the skin hydrated (Grosman, 1973, Grosman et al., 1971), which improves the barrier function of the stratum corneum and optimizes the surface area of corneocytes."

IGF 1 and androstenedione are what cause acne in the first place.

How do we prevent the undesirable changes to skin texture with androgen use?

My skin has been starting to look "rougher" after 6 months of T, no acne though. This is something I want to avoid. I'm thinking topical antiandrogens like RU58841, clascoterone, and pyrilutamide, as well as topical estradiol. The problem is most estradiol cream is supposed to act as a vehicle to carry it into the serum, which we wouldn't want.
@ConfusedBolivian you go this ?