Preworkout is a LOOKSMIN

noodlelover

noodlelover

Sphinx
Pre-workout contains Caffeine.

Caffeine increases cortisol and epinephrine levels both at rest and during periods of stress. Although cortisol levels will diminish over time, they stay elevated above baseline all day, even if you take it in the morning.

Caffeine enhances the stress response in both men and women.

Exercise that is of short duration and moderate intensity may not activate a cortisol response if glucose levels remain normal. long duration and intense exercise will increase cortisol output to high levels as a function of metabolic demands on fuel homeostasis.

Some of the effects of Cortisol:
  • Bellyfat and Facefat - Increased bodyfat everywhere but especially these areas.
  • Suppressed immune system - You'll get sick more often
  • Digestive problems
  • Heart disease
  • Decreased Skin Barrier - Dull Subhuman skin
  • Balding
  • Acne
  • Thinner Skin
  • lowed healing
  • fatigue
  • muscle weakness
  • Irritability
  • headache
  • LOSS of muscle mass

Here's a study:

This study shows NO gains from pre workout for upper body power, lower body power, or upper body strength. No gains, and you're risking shit tier skin, bellyfat, subhuman face, and early balding.

It does increase anaerobic activity, but who cares if you can run more miles on the tread mill if your sustained increased cortisol levels are causing you to have MORE bellyfat.

Here's what you can expect if you quit your pre-workout (or other caffeine source):

These symptoms can last anywhere from two to nine days.
  • Headache
  • fatigue
  • low energy
  • irritability
  • anxiety
  • poor concentration
  • depressed mood and tremors
  • cravings - preworkouts & other caffeine sources often have sugar, or a sugar substitute which are addictive
Don't be a bitch and let this deter you. I'm just letting you know what to expect. Your brain and body have probably become dependent on caffeine and will take time to readjust. Caffeine constricts the blood vessels in your brain, so when you give it up, your brain suddenly gets increased blood pressure that it's not use to and it takes time to re-adapt. Many websites will recommend gradually weaning yourself off caffeine.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 21531, Cristiano88, Deleted member 22354 and 13 others
high iq post

high cortisol guarantees your face looks like shit no matter what

• +1
Reactions: valhalar, thereallegend, SubhumanCurrycel and 3 others
I fucking LOVE having high cortisol SO MUCH :forcedsmile:

i have terrible migraines without caffeine, literally feels like someones drilling into your head.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel
i have to drink 4 monster energy drinks everyday

i have terrible migraines without caffeine, literally feels like someones drilling into your head.
That's a withdrawal symptom. I wrote about it under the section "Effects of Caffeine withdrawal".
i have to drink 4 monster energy drinks everyday
Not if you can make it through the withdrawal period. Slowly weaning yourself off may be safer.

I quit cold turky and I'm on day two, going through the withdrawal. The headaches are bad, but this is temporary.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9670
Im addicted to Coca cola. I drink 1.5L a day, because its so tasty with food

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 9670 and Chadethnic101

Caffeine increases cortisol and epinephrine levels both at rest and during periods of stress. Although cortisol levels will diminish over time, they stay elevated above baseline all day, even if you take it in the morning.

Exercise that is of short duration and moderate intensity may not activate a cortisol response if glucose levels remain normal. long duration and intense exercise will increase cortisol output to high levels as a function of metabolic demands on fuel homeostasis.

• Bellyfat and Facefat - Increased bodyfat everywhere but especially these areas.
  • Digestive problems
  • Heart disease
  • Balding
  • Acne
  • Thinner Skin
  • lowed healing
  • fatigue
  • muscle weakness
  • Irritability
  • headache
  • LOSS of muscle mass

Here's a study:

This study shows NO gains from pre workout for upper body power, lower body power, or upper body strength. No gains, and you're risking shit tier skin, bellyfat, subhuman face, and early balding.

It does increase anaerobic activity, but who cares if you can run more miles on the tread mill if your sustained increased cortisol levels are causing you to have MORE bellyfat.

Here's what you can expect if you quit your pre-workout (or other caffeine source):

• Headache
  • fatigue
  • low energy
  • irritability
  • anxiety
  • poor concentration
  • cravings - preworkouts & other caffeine sources often have sugar, or a sugar substitute which are addictive
Don't be a bitch and let this deter you. I'm just letting you know what to expect. Your brain and body have probably become dependent on caffeine and will take time to readjust. Caffeine constricts the blood vessels in your brain, so when you give it up, your brain suddenly gets increased blood pressure that it's not use to and it takes time to re-adapt. Many websites will recommend gradually weaning yourself off caffeine.
Taking smaller doses of pre workout with L-theanine on big PR days is a great idea.

Small dose meaning 150mgs every week or something.

Im addicted to Coca cola. I drink 1.5L a day, because its so tasty with food
Same pepsi Max I'm addicted to- help me eat less therefore stay on a deficit.

Once finished with my cut I will quit it forever. After cutting I plan to never diet again just lean bulk then maintenance calories

Stress truly fucking kills attractiveness. My dermatisis literally only flares up when I'm stressed out.
It's insane how close the connection between Mind and Body is.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: 6foot3Mediterranean, thereallegend and noodlelover
Stress truly fucking kills attractiveness. My dermatisis literally only flares up when I'm stressed out.
It's insane how close the connection between Mind and Body is.
Absolutely. I made this thread a few days after I read these studies and realized how bad Preworkout was for you. Since then, my bellyfat has been falling off. I had struggled to loose it for years, and now it just falls off without effort, with only my normal healthy habits.

Many people don't realize how bad even a small amount of elevated cortisol all day long can be.

Absolutely. I made this thread a few days after I read these studies and realized how bad Preworkout was for you. Since then, my bellyfat has been falling off. I had struggled to loose it for years, and now it just falls off without effort, with only my normal healthy habits.

Many people don't realize how bad even a small amount of elevated cortisol all day long can be.
My cortisol is high all the time bro
And they don’t know why yet
Hypercortisolismus
I got from 15% Bodyfat to 22 or smth in matter of month

• Woah
Reactions: noodlelover
Hypercortisolismus
damn now that's a shitty thyroid

• Love it
Reactions: Htobrother
Non-stim aka pump pre workout is fine, if you really need stim then drink coffee before

Hypercortisolismus
Doctors are retarded tbh. They diagnose everyone with thyroid problems even before they've eliminated all processed foods from their diet (which cause weight gain and hormone problems), or before they've problem solved their sleep (Eliminating blue light, food 3 hours before bed, getting at least 10 mins sunlight a day, added daily exercise, or added daily meditation/yoga for stress.

It's because they make money off of operations, so the industry trains them to funnel people towards drugs they'll become dependent on and operations that will have side effects, instead of fixing the root causes. I have friends being trained to become doctors, and they are very ignorant about a lot of things that go on in the body, because they are only trained to maximize profits, same with nutritionists. So they often will think they are "helping" patients, and are not necessarily trying to hurt people.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend and Htobrother

• Digestive problems
  • Heart disease
  • Balding
  • Acne
  • Thinner Skin
  • lowed healing
  • fatigue
  • muscle weakness
  • Irritability
  • headache
  • LOSS of muscle mass

Here's a study:

• Headache
  • fatigue
  • low energy
  • irritability
  • anxiety
  • poor concentration
I heard u can lower ur stress aka cortisol levels to almost zero with lemon balm tea 3 times a day..
also if u cant get that good workout without caffiene just take som non stim pre workout :O

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: noodlelover and Htobrother
I heard u can lower ur stress aka cortisol levels to almost zero with lemon balm tea 3 times a day..
also if u cant get that good workout without caffiene just take som non stim pre workout :O
I started ashwaganda

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend and noodlelover
Doctors are retarded tbh. They diagnose everyone with thyroid problems even before they've eliminated all processed foods from their diet (which cause weight gain and hormone problems), or before they've problem solved their sleep (Eliminating blue light, food 3 hours before bed, getting at least 10 mins sunlight a day, added daily exercise, or added daily meditation/yoga for stress.

It's because they make money off of operations, so the industry trains them to funnel people towards drugs they'll become dependent on and operations that will have side effects, instead of fixing the root causes. I have friends being trained to become doctors, and they are very ignorant about a lot of things that go on in the body, because they are only trained to maximize profits, same with nutritionists. So they often will think they are "helping" patients, and are not necessarily trying to hurt people.
It’s not thyroid bro
My thyroid is fine

• +1

• Digestive problems
  • Heart disease
  • Balding
  • Acne
  • Thinner Skin
  • lowed healing
  • fatigue
  • muscle weakness
  • Irritability
  • headache
  • LOSS of muscle mass

Here's a study:

• Headache
  • fatigue
  • low energy
  • irritability
  • anxiety
  • poor concentration
How can I lower cortisol levels?

• +1
How can I lower cortisol levels?
Avoid Caffeine & avoid preworkouts containing caffeine (which is all of them except the ones that specifically say they have no stimulants)
Lower your stress levels with daily mediation/yoga/gratitude journaling
remove toxic people out of your life
exercise daily
spend time in social situations with people you can enjoy being around. (make friends)
simplify your life

(Cortisol is the stress hormone)

• +1
Reactions: thereallegend
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thereallegend, Htobrother and noodlelover
Dropped caffeine from around 300-400mg a day cold turkey got insane fucking headaches, switched to decaf and I think it does a decent job at tricking my brain into thinking I still get coffee but my skin feels/looks better could be a placebo tho idk

• Love it
High caffeine + Low carbs is a recipe for sky-high cortisol.