Problems with jaw angle implants

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
I‘m currently gathering information about jaw angle augmentation via implants because I absolutely need more lateral mandibular projection due to round face shape (broad midface and very low bigonial width) and I don‘t like what I‘m reading. The biggest problem seems to be masseter reattachment and the risk of masseter muscle dehiscence.

C7B445F5 60B1 4317 9C31 87EE6048DDD3
A2783C0F 5F68 4806 9FA0 FCADFFFF5650

Has anyone from here got jaw angle implants? How was your recovery? Any functional problems/complications afterwards? Which material? How were the implants fixated?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7098, Deleted member 4416, Darkstrand and 4 others
Why not just get bone based procedure and maxillary impaction ?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5385, Deleted member 7776, Darkstrand and 2 others
Why not just get bone based procedure?
Which one? They all don‘t seem too promising (IMDO/BSSO etc.) and would likely not be performed on me because I don‘t have malocclusion or other functional problems

Edit: I need A LOT of projection, in the centimeter range

Which one? They all don‘t seem too promising (IMDO/BSSO etc.) and would likely not be performed on me because I don‘t have malocclusion or other functional problems
Idk, you should book a consultation with a surgeon and ask him. Looks like ramus osteotomy or some shit...

And just say that you want IMDO for aesthetic purposes, then get lefort 1 later

just mew broooooooooo

Idk, you should book a consultation with a surgeon and ask him. Looks like ramus osteotomy or some shit...

Not only would these procedures be hell and take a long time to recover from (I‘d have to get on a liquid diet etc.) but also not properly address my problem. I have a very long ramus but it‘s horribly inward-tilted which makes my mandible too narrow. I just need lateral projection at the jaw angles, both my midface and palate are broad. IMDO allegedly (according to an actual surgeon who also performs it) doesn‘t increase bigonial width; in the worst case it would only widen my mid-mandible and make my face look even more round

• So Sad
Reactions: Chintuck22
Why not get ccw

• +1
Reactions: bruh3610
@Won'tStopNoodling

@ScramFranklin @_Eriicc

Last edited:
I‘m currently gathering information about jaw angle augmentation via implants because I absolutely need more lateral mandibular projection due to round face shape (broad midface and very low bigonial width) and I don‘t like what I‘m reading. The biggest problem seems to be masseter reattachment and the risk of masseter muscle dehiscence.

View attachment 722217View attachment 722221

Has anyone from here got jaw angle implants? How was your recovery? Any functional problems/complications afterwards? Which material? How were the implants fixated?
If you mean gonial angle and straighter ramus I'm also interested, bump

Don't manidble implants cost more?

What are ur bizyogomatic width and jaw measurment.
I have no idea since I never measured it but they definitely differ a lot from each other. My bgw is MUCH lower than my bzw

Very disappointing, considering this is supposed to be a looksmaxxing forum

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Wallenberg, Good_Little_Goy, Deleted member 4416 and 1 other person
Very disappointing, considering this is supposed to be a looksmaxxing forum
Just fucking lol, 99% of people here do shit.
They all looksmax with soft shit like retin-a and fringe what do you expect

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 10536, Copeful and Chico Chicowski
Just fucking lol, 99% of people here do shit.
They all looksmax with soft shit like retin-a and fringe what do you expect
There are a few members here who actually want to get or got surgery but apparently they‘re not available when you need them

Isnt it possible with chin wing or side wing?

Why not?
Here in ct scan it looks like bigonal width increased, also in after photo too.

looks bloated af in the after pics

Why not?
Here in ct scan it looks like bigonal width increased, also in after photo too.

Because chin wing can only lengthen the mandible/chin, not widen it

Because chin wing can only lengthen the mandible/chin, not widen it
Btw, he likely had a special kind of chin wing (I forgot the name of it) that also allows for more horizontal projection. I remember that Instagram post and he apparently is the only surgeon who performs this kind of chin wing @Juhadi

• +1
Reactions: hopelessphoenix
I have the same problem, my ramus and gonions curve into my fucking neck, resulting in a thin mandible. Because of how thin my entire mandible is (ramus, gonions), my jaw angle is formed by the skin, muscles, and shadows. This means as i age and my skin sags, my jaw will be ruined precisely because its angularuty isn't formed by bone but rather, again, skin muscles, and shadow. So unless I have my hyoid all the way up (which doesn't help much), neck stretched, and slightly forward posture, I have an unavoidable lack of jaw and a double chin from excess skin (because of no mandible-body protrusion)
I'm currently chewing and mewing to widen massater area to cope, I'm never going to be able to get surgery

• +1
Reactions: wristcel
I have the same problem. Type c only occured in 3,7 % of white males. FML.
Funny is that my right side is type c and my left side is type b.

The profile of the ramus of the mandible: vertical (a): vertical; (b): slanted; (c): inverted.

Comparison of the 6 nonmetric characteristics between males and females, black and white Brazilian individuals.

Last edited:
Has anyone from here got jaw angle implants?
Yes
How was your recovery?
Lots of swelling but okay after 3 to 4 weeks
Any functional problems/complications afterwards?
Got infected, 4 months of antibiotics but i got to keep it
Which material?
Medpor
How were the implants fixated?
Titanium screws

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax, Deleted member 4416, KaczynskiCel and 2 others
Has anyone from here got jaw angle implants?
Yes
How was your recovery?
Lots of swelling but okay after 3 to 4 weeks
Any functional problems/complications afterwards?
Got infected, 4 months of antibiotics but i got to keep it
Which material?
Medpor
How were the implants fixated?
Titanium screws
Finally a useful reply. Few more questions: Do you think the infection could have been prevented/what was causing it? Any masseter muscle complications? How did your surgeon place the implants beneath it, did he have to reattach your masseters? Do you have to keep the titanium screws forever or can they be removed eventually? How much did you pay in total (implants, all consultations, CT scans/x-rays, anesthesia and meds)?

Would like to see before/after pictures, if you don‘t mind

I recently was talking to a surgeon about it. He said there's a higher chance of infection because the incision is done deep within the mouth, as opposed to a chin implant which is usually done externally. He showed me a morph of what I'd look like with the jaw implants and it looked fucking amazing. his quote was too expensive though so I'm going to try chewing falim for a few months and see if I have any type of noticeable change.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
I recently was talking to a surgeon about it. He said there's a higher chance of infection because the incision is done deep within the mouth, as opposed to a chin implant which is usually done externally. He showed me a morph of what I'd look like with the jaw implants and it looked fucking amazing. his quote was too expensive though so I'm going to try chewing falim for a few months and see if I have any type of noticeable change.
How expensive?

$6625 including all the extra fees.

@ScramFranklin @_Eriicc
I do have limited and minimal experience with mandibular angle implants; I'm not sure if it'll help you, though.

It was quite arduous trying to find a plastic surgeon who would offer this particular treatment (UK, Turkey, Australia, Italy). Many of the surgeons I contacted did not offer these type of implants, and would commonly offer an alternative treatment such as dermal fillers or fat grafting. The seldom surgeons who did offer mandibular angle implants would mark-up the price to an astronomical amount. A plastic surgeon I was already familiar with in Turkey, who is typically less costly than the rest of Europe, priced me €7.500 for mandibular angle implants, whereas an implant for the chin was only €3.750. And this surgeon was one of the 'cheaper' options....

I think many surgeons are refraining from this type of treatment, and the ones that do offer implants tend to increase the price quite substantially.

I understand that the marginal mandibular nerve resides next to the gonial angle of the mandible, which makes the process of inserting implants in this area quite high-risk.

I, too, wanted to increase the bigonial width of my jaw, so I removed the submental fat under my chin, and the fat pad that sits along the mandible, and used dermal fillers to increase the projection of my gonial angle. I tend to stray from hyaluronic acid in this area (they can sometimes look a little soft in this region over time), and tend to favour either Radiesse (made of calcium hydroxylapatite, which is the same mineral components found in bone and teeth), or Ellansé (which is made of Polycaprolactone, and is only available in Europe and not yet FDA approved in the USA). Radiesse lasts for up a year and a half, but Ellansé can last up to four years. Both fillers aren't hydrophilic (which means they don't retain water), stimulate the body's collagen production, and have one of the highest G-Prime, cohesivity, and viscosity of all dermal fillers on the market.

I do think that facial implants do have a specific place in cosmetic surgery, but in my opinion, if you solely want a crisper or more chiselled jawline, then perhaps they're not best intended for that, and an alternative cosmetic option should be considered.

I'm still yet to see a mandibular angle implant that I can commend or praise, or that aligns to my aesthetic goals. In my opinion, they look quite soft, rounded and boggy. That is why I would only recommend them to patients who have significant facial or lower-third deformities, because they do look quite natural. And I think that this is the same concept that many plastic surgeons are adopting, too.

But, for me, I prefer a more crisp, cut, chiselled look - which is why I prefer dermal fillers in this area. It's quick, it's painless, and I only have to be treated either once a year, or once every two to three years - depending on the type of filler I chose, and how many times I layer the product. And, it only takes up 15 minutes of my time; which I'm fine with.

Suits me.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: WeAreBoundless, aphelios, MentalistKebab and 6 others

Edit: I need A LOT of projection, in the centimeter range
Chin wing and side wing osteotomy

Ramus osteotomy only lengthens the ramus, which does help somewhat, but it's not only the ramus which determines bigonial width and jaw squareness

I do have limited and minimal experience with mandibular angle implants; I'm not sure if it'll help you, though.

It was quite arduous trying to find a plastic surgeon who would offer this particular treatment (UK, Turkey, Australia, Italy). Many of the surgeons I contacted did not offer these type of implants, and would commonly offer an alternative treatment such as dermal fillers or fat grafting. The seldom surgeons who did offer mandibular angle implants would mark-up the price to an astronomical amount. A plastic surgeon I was already familiar with in Turkey, who is typically less costly than the rest of Europe, priced me €7.500 for mandibular angle implants, whereas an implant for the chin was only €3.750. And this surgeon was one of the 'cheaper' options....

I think many surgeons are refraining from this type of treatment, and the ones that do offer implants tend to increase the price quite substantially.

I understand that the marginal mandibular nerve resides next to the gonial angle of the mandible, which makes the process of inserting implants in this area quite high-risk.

I, too, wanted to increase the bigonial width of my jaw, so I removed the submental fat under my chin, and the fat pad that sits along the mandible, and used dermal fillers to increase the projection of my gonial angle. I tend to stray from hyaluronic acid in this area (they can sometimes look a little soft in this region over time), and tend to favour either Radiesse (made of calcium hydroxylapatite, which is the same mineral components found in bone and teeth), or Ellansé (which is made of Polycaprolactone, and is only available in Europe and not yet FDA approved in the USA). Radiesse lasts for up a year and a half, but Ellansé can last up to four years. Both fillers aren't hydrophilic (which means they don't retain water), stimulate the body's collagen production, and have one of the highest G-Prime, cohesivity, and viscosity of all dermal fillers on the market.

I do think that facial implants do have a specific place in cosmetic surgery, but in my opinion, if you solely want a crisper or more chiselled jawline, then perhaps they're not best intended for that, and an alternative cosmetic option should be considered.

I'm still yet to see a mandibular angle implant that I can commend or praise, or that aligns to my aesthetic goals. In my opinion, they look quite soft, rounded and boggy. That is why I would only recommend them to patients who have significant facial or lower-third deformities, because they do look quite natural. And I think that this is the same concept that many plastic surgeons are adopting, too.

But, for me, I prefer a more crisp, cut, chiselled look - which is why I prefer dermal fillers in this area. It's quick, it's painless, and I only have to be treated either once a year, or once every two to three years - depending on the type of filler I chose, and how many times I layer the product. And, it only takes up 15 minutes of my time; which I'm fine with.

Suits me.
Dont end up like barret man.

• +1
Reactions: Juhadi
Dont end up like barret man.
Haha thanks for the concern man, but I don't plan to. I've spent years researching aesthetics, injectables, and plastic surgery, and I think I can finally say that I've finally found the formula on how to look as aesthetically feasible and as 'natural' as possible, without looking like Barrett. It's just a matter of educating oneself.

• +1
Reactions: Mmsofbone and RichardwillImprove
Finally a useful reply. Few more questions: Do you think the infection could have been prevented/what was causing it? Any masseter muscle complications? How did your surgeon place the implants beneath it, did he have to reattach your masseters? Do you have to keep the titanium screws forever or can they be removed eventually? How much did you pay in total (implants, all consultations, CT scans/x-rays, anesthesia and meds)?

Do you think the infection could have been prevented/what was causing it?
Maybe i could have better mouth higiene the firt two day, i just used mouthwash at first because of the swelling.
Any masseter muscle complications?
Nop
How did your surgeon place the implants beneath it, did he have to reattach your masseters?
Not sure tbh
Do you have to keep the titanium screws forever or can they be removed eventually?
Not sure, i dont want them removed, if you have surgery for that you could risk another infection.
How much did you pay in total (implants, all consultations, CT scans/x-rays, anesthesia and meds)?
For the jaw implant+chin implant+chin lipo+buccal fat removel i paid 4K in my third world shithole
Send me a PM

• +1
Reactions: MentalistKebab and Bewusst
This are my implants btw
Chin

• +1
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy and Deleted member 3573

Suits me.
It surprises me that it has been that difficult for you to find surgeons who provide jaw angle implants and that the ones who do charge so much money for it. I mean, in terms of complications, wouldn‘t a custom wraparound jaw implant be just as, if not more, risky as angle implants? I suppose that it might be easier to find surgeons who work with wraparound and chin implants.
Btw, I‘m not looking for any more vertical ramus projection, my ramus is already more than long enough, I only want more bigonial width and maybe also a slight gonial outward flare. I read that jaw angle implants that are supposed to increase ramus length are more problematic in terms of masseter muscle reattachment than implants which only provide more horizontal projection.

What bothers me about fillers is
1. they‘re not permanent. Radiesse might last longer than HA-based fillers but it still won‘t last forever
2. the price you pay in the long term vs one-time investment in implants
3. the large amount I‘d need to fix my low bigonial width
4. it might look slightly different every time and seeing results slowly diminish (just like botox that I‘m getting every couple of months) would be underwhelming/disappointing

It surprises me that it has been that difficult for you to find surgeons who provide jaw angle implants and that the ones who do charge so much money for it. I mean, in terms of complications, wouldn‘t a custom wraparound jaw implant be just as, if not more, risky as angle implants? I suppose that it might be easier to find surgeons who work with wraparound and chin implants.
Btw, I‘m not looking for any more vertical ramus projection, my ramus is already more than long enough, I only want more bigonial width and maybe also a slight gonial outward flare. I read that jaw angle implants that are supposed to increase ramus length are more problematic in terms of masseter muscle reattachment than implants which only provide more horizontal projection.

What bothers me about fillers is
1. they‘re not permanent. Radiesse might last longer than HA-based fillers but it still won‘t last forever
2. the price you pay in the long term vs one-time investment in implants
3. the large amount I‘d need to fix my low bigonial width
4. it might look slightly different every time and seeing results slowly diminish (just like botox that I‘m getting every couple of months) would be underwhelming/disappointing
If money wasn’t an option would u recommend fillers as a long term solution. Also how to u stop urself from ending up like barret since I heard they can spread throughout ur face. Im not knowledgeable about fillers.

If money wasn’t an option would u recommend fillers as a long term solution. Also how to u stop urself from ending up like barret since I heard they can spread throughout ur face. Im not knowledgeable about fillers.

Like the previous poster mentioned, you need to get something like Radiesse, which mimics the same kind of material in bone. There are fillers that just add "volume" but the volume is very watery and while it will add width to the jaw, it's not the clear and crisp jawline that is aesthetic; it'll just be a watery and bloated jawline.

The filler migration is a bit of an overblown thing that has spread on here. While it does exist, I heard it tends to be way more common in areas where there is a lot of movement of muscles and it's in areas like the submalar region (a place women commonly inject to add fullness and gives them the cherub, baby faced look), but you can imagine since there are so many muscles there that activate when you chew, smile, frown, it's gonna start to make the fillers migrate, ESPECIALLY because the fillers aren't holding onto anything.

When filler is injected WHERE THERE IS BONE, it is far less likely to move, if at all. That's why it's best to tell your doctor/injector to only inject filler WHERE THERE IS ALREADY BONE.

So avoid those HA-fillers that draw in water, get Radiesse, and don't be scared about filler migration in the jawline, it should be fine.

• +1
Reactions: FreakkForLife

This guy on reddit got jaw implants and a silicone chin. He talks about his experience going in and recover 2 weeks post surgery if you wanna look.

• +1

This guy on reddit got jaw implants and a silicone chin. He talks about his experience going in and recover 2 weeks post surgery if you wanna look.

I‘ve seen that report already, thx anyway