Proof Nasolabial Folds are caused by Deep Canine Fossa and Recessed Cheekbone

Most people here use the word "recessed" to refer to a recessed lower maxilla. You can have a normal lower maxilla and a recessed upper maxilla with deeper canine fossa and weaker paranasal area resulting in nasolabial folds. @LooksOverAll and @Scorpioned.

Since you cannot advance jaws when they are well projected, the solution is to augment the midface.

This is what midface/upper maxillary recession looks like on a scan:

View attachment 1684958

The maxillary region above the white line is technically under projected and set back compared to the teeth/lower maxilla. This results in a low angle between upper maxilla and lower maxilla (red lines above).

Now if the upper maxilla, paranasal and canine fossa were not recessed, the angle between upper maxilla and lower maxilla is made much smaller (red lines below). Facial tissue will run harmoniously between the midface and the lips.

View attachment 1684961

Folds are far less likely to occur in those with well projected mid faces. This is a big reason people who are not "recessed" can have nasolabial folds... they have some degree of recession in the paranasal and midface area compared to the lower maxilla. Dr Ramieri has also spoken about this and how bimax is not a solution for this.
Your midface isn't recessed. You just have lowset cheekbones like the fags who get cheek fillers so they have a better contour when they suck my dick. Stop denying it. You need to get fillers just like every other low cheekbone'd foid past the age of 22 but instead you have a surgeon shill you into getting 1mm implants.

It's not muh canine fossa. Midface implants will make you look like a bloated bogdanoff.

• JFL
Reactions: efidescontinuado
Your midface isn't recessed. Stop denying it. You just have lowset cheekbones. You need to get fillers just like every other low cheekbone'd foid past the age of 22.

It's not muh canine fossa. Midface implants will make you look like a bloated bogdanoff.
Dr. Ramieri’s actual work > your opinion

Dr. Ramieri’s actual work > your opinion
Ok dude. Go ahead and trust a money-hungry businessman to fix a problem you don't have when you can fix it with a few mm of filler. You have foid-tier lowset cheekbones but think it's some obscure landmark causing it. I love how you just turn to blind arguments from authority when you finally realize you don't know what you're talking about.

Ok dude. Go ahead and trust a money-hungry businessman to fix a problem you don't have when you can fix it with a few mm of filler. You have foid-tier lowset cheekbones but think it's some obscure landmark causing it. I love how you just turn to blind arguments from authority when you finally realize you don't know what you're talking about.
Imagine telling people to get filler lmao. Enjoy your pillow face.

It’s obvious you’re just mad I mogged the shit out of you. Also given my cheek hollowing I think my cheekbones are more ‘mid set’ than low set. They’re higher than Johnny Depp’s are.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Maalik and Oberyn
Imagine telling people to get filler lmao. Enjoy your pillow face.

It’s obvious you’re just mad I mogged the shit out of you. Also given my cheek hollowing I think my cheekbones are more ‘mid set’ than low set. They’re higher than Johnny Depp’s are.
1ml of filler in your nasolabial fold isn't going to give you a pillow face. Just the fact that you still believe this filler bloating bullshit proves how uneducated you are in looksmaxxing.

Mog the shit out of me? You look look like a gay guy with those low set cheekbones who went on Grindr to to suck my 6'7" roided jock dick to show off his contours after getting fillers.

Also the fact you're on this website looking to get surgery means that you're either a twink, peanut skulled, or have severe autism so not sure why you're trying to flex on me.

They're not mid set, they are low af which is why you have nasolabial folds.

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: valhalar
I also have more obvious naso fold on one side
I also have the type of hollowness displayed by the second model u posted

• Love it
1ml of filler in your nasolabial fold isn't going to give you a pillow face. Just the fact that you still believe this filler bloating bullshit proves how uneducated you are in looksmaxxing.

Mog the shit out of me? You look look like a gay guy on Grindr with those low set cheekbones who went on Grindr to to suck my 6'7" roided jock dick to show off his contours after getting fillers.

Also the fact you're on this website looking to get surgery means that you're either a twink, peanut skulled, or have severe autism so not sure why you're trying to flex on me.

They're not mid set, they are low af which is why you have nasolabial folds.
Entertaining read. Edit: @LooksOverAll I can't DM can u pls dm me.

Last edited:
Amazing thread, I seem to have the same issue. My lower maxilla is very well projected, but I have quite pronounced nasolabial folds and infraorbital hollowing (despite having a PCT and no sclera show). Custom infraorbital-canina fossae (and jaw) implants should ascend me hard (MSE, MSDO and 2 tooth implants before that, because my palate is narrow and had extractions):

Skull front

Skull side 1

Skull side 2

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and Racky
Amazing thread, I seem to have the same issue. My lower maxilla is very well projected, but I have quite pronounced nasolabial folds and infraorbital hollowing (despite having a PCT and no sclera show). Custom infraorbital-canina fossae (and jaw) implants should ascend me hard (MSE, MSDO and 2 tooth implants before that, because my palate is narrow and had extractions):

View attachment 1700224
View attachment 1700226
View attachment 1700225
SARPE* not MSE

• +1
Reactions: Racky
@valhalar good writing (y)

Last edited:
  • +1
My NF was raised cheek fat that only went away below 12% body fat.
For a long time I thought it's something only fillers could fix.

Food for thought

Even when I was very lean at ~15% they were there, especially on the left side.

99% disappeared at under 12%

If I want to look human, I'll need to stay low body fat for the rest of my life. No slipups
This is good news for myself.
Would you say you have good fwd growth? I imagine nl folds are more problematic for those with not so great fwd growth(such as myself)

No. Not even close. Nasolabial folds are caused by either:

- Recessed lower maxilla
- High mass low set zygos
- Soft tissue sagging due to age
- Recessed nasal base ie. Asians and rhinoplasty alar setback (to raise a droopy tip) patients

Not muh deep canine fossa brah. Usually that would just accentuate your ogee curve even more from what I've seen.
so if ur fold are caused by low set cheekbones the only solution is nasolabial filler ?

Would you say you have good fwd growth? I imagine nl folds are more problematic for those with not so great fwd growth(such as myself)
Yes, but I still get annoyingly visible nl folds at over 15% body fat.

I essentially have to stay about 10-12% for the rest of my life or risk looking bad.

• +1
Reactions: Cristiano88
No. Not even close. Nasolabial folds are caused by either:

- Recessed lower maxilla
- Recessed nasal base ie. Asians and rhinoplasty alar setback (to raise a droopy tip) patients

Not muh deep canine fossa brah. Usually that would just accentuate your ogee curve even more from what I've seen.
the only right answer in this whole debacle is that it’s caused by a recessed nasal base. End of story. That is the defining factor.

• +1
Reactions: joseph and datboijj
Your midface isn't recessed. You just have lowset cheekbones like the fags who get cheek fillers so they have a better contour when they suck my dick. Stop denying it. You need to get fillers just like every other low cheekbone'd foid past the age of 22 but instead you have a surgeon shill you into getting 1mm implants.

You can actually achieve higher set cheekboes. Properly performed cheekbone reduction rotates them inwards and upwards, making them not just narrower but also higher set:

Look at the 6th image, it's an animation of his CT scan before and after the reduction. You can cleary see that the cheekbones became higher set.
Obviously, ignore the retarded jaw shaving he did. He needed custom implants after the reduction and he would have mogger, well projected high cheekbones and as such avoid the Bogdanoff look he would have only doing implants without reduction.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Racky and valhalar
I encourage you to look into getting bone grafts to that area instead of implants
Eppley on bone grafts for paranasal/midface augmentation :
Bone grafts on the paranasal area, while in the right place, are associated with almost complete resorption due to a lack of stimulation through masticatory forces. The predictable solution would be paranasal implants which are structurally stable and can be carved or shaped into any thickness that matches the needs of the patient’s paranasal augmentation

Thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371 and joseph
I have a very good forward growth, with SNA 88, and SNB 86, but my whole upper maxilla is non-existent. I have nasolabial folds. AND they are WORSE on the side where my upper midface is more recessed near the nose (canine fossa/paranasal region).

@valhalar is right, canine fossa might be EXTREMELY important in the formation of NLFs.

• +1
Reactions: Racky, datboijj and valhalar
I have a very good forward growth, with SNA 88, and SNB 86, but my whole upper maxilla is non-existent. I have nasolabial folds. AND they are WORSE on the side where my upper midface is more recessed near the nose (canine fossa/paranasal region).

@valhalar is right, canine fossa might be EXTREMELY important in the formation of NLFs.
Yep Reaction GIF by Rosanna Pansino

• +1
Recessed lower maxilla
I have everything including soft tissue sagging but not due to age, instead due to being recessed asf :feelswhy:

Most people here use the word "recessed" to refer to a recessed lower maxilla. You can have a normal lower maxilla and a recessed upper maxilla with deeper canine fossa and weaker paranasal area resulting in nasolabial folds. @LooksOverAll and @Scorpioned.

Since you cannot advance jaws when they are well projected, the solution is to augment the midface.

This is what midface/upper maxillary recession looks like on a scan:

View attachment 1684958

The maxillary region above the white line is technically under projected and set back compared to the teeth/lower maxilla. This results in a low angle between upper maxilla and lower maxilla (red lines above).

Now if the upper maxilla, paranasal and canine fossa were not recessed, the angle between upper maxilla and lower maxilla is made much smaller (red lines below). Facial tissue will run harmoniously between the midface and the lips.

View attachment 1684961

Folds are far less likely to occur in those with well projected mid faces. This is a big reason people who are not "recessed" can have nasolabial folds... they have some degree of recession in the paranasal and midface area compared to the lower maxilla. Dr Ramieri has also spoken about this and how bimax is not a solution for this.
What’s the solution for me?

81835A7D F7C3 4CD5 ADD3 38971A063035

• Hmm...
bump

Forensic Facial Reconstruction by Caroline Wilkinson
EmnbdXR.png

wAJpOtW.png

• +1
Reactions: Maalik, AscendingHero and valhalar
@Racky whyd I get that react lol

• +1
Eppley on bone grafts for paranasal/midface augmentation :
Bone grafts on the paranasal area, while in the right place, are associated with almost complete resorption due to a lack of stimulation through masticatory forces. The predictable solution would be paranasal implants which are structurally stable and can be carved or shaped into any thickness that matches the needs of the patient’s paranasal augmentation

Thoughts?
@RealSurgerymax is this true. Will bone grafts in the paranasal region cause resorption? I thought paranasal implants gave uncanny results (when smiling/talking/ yawning), so a bone graft was the appropriate solution?

• +1
@RealSurgerymax is this true. Will bone grafts in the paranasal region cause resorption? I thought paranasal implants gave uncanny results (when smiling/talking/ yawning), so a bone graft was the appropriate solution?
They don’t cause resorption, but what bone is added tends to resorb. However they are probably better than paransal impalnts that get too close or directly over tooth roots. I also have. A nice solution combined with LF1 I designed recently

• +1
Reactions: greycel, Racky and NegativeNorwood