PUPIL VISIBILITY > EYECOLOR

HarrierDuBois

HarrierDuBois

Philosophizing...
I was watching this yt video by "Incel TV":

Where he talks about why light eyes are considered so much more attractive. Upon seeing the video I see a comment that states the following:

"blue eyes allow for a visible pupil. being able to see the dilation of the pupil allows for better intention reading and therefore faster trust building. Blue eyes look more trustworthy. light skin creates higher facial feature contrast and makes expression reading easier. facial feature beuty is bound to functionality. a broad flat nose is less effective on a short snout like humans have, so a prominent slim nose is seen as attractive. women have proportionaly larger eyes and less blocky faces, this make reading emotions easier. this reduces the benefit of blue eyes."

This gives us a whole lot of interesting theories we can expand on but I want to stick mainly to the part of pupil visibility because I think it has not been discussed on here before. This theory explains a lot. Firstly it explains why both white people and light eyes of any color are considered more attractive. It also explains why european features are considered more attractive. The comment explains as well why females often pull off darker eyes and skintones compared to men.

Since it explains the reason light eyes with pupil visibility look trustworthy, I then thought that this can be reversed back to if dark eyes with no pupil visibility look more low trust. I quickly realized that it does. Since the opposite feature has the opposite results I would say it strengthens the thesis as a whole. This is for example why Richard Ramirez descends with light eyes, because he looks higher trust and his dark triad halo gets somewhat weaker.

B1fa51cb8143b06a60c28f272de4d357

I want to say of course eyecolor still matters but my thesis is that the pupil visibility is what matters more than just the color. This is where my theory goes a bit unconventional compared to what is mostly believed on here. Following my theory for example T10 and T07 is preferable to C40 and D20 since they are lighter and have better pupil visibility. Conventionally speaking following the "blue > green > hazel > brown" theory C40 and D20 mogs T10 and T07 because they are green and blue instead of brown, I disagree. The only crucial part here is pupil visibility, color doesn't really matter that much.

TL;DR: Pupil visibility of the iris is more important than the color itself. This is because a visible pupil allows for better intention reading and faster trust building. For example light eyes of any color mogs dark eyes of any color except for when you want to look as low trust as possible, then the opposite holds true. Light blues, light greens, light browns, light hazels, and ambers mogs dark blues, dark greens, dark browns, and dark hazels. This is not exactly about the color itself but rather the pupil visibility and this is an attempt of explaining why pupil visibility is the psychological secret behind beautiful eyecolors instead of a color as a whole.

Also when it comes to colors itself I think the vibrancy as well as limbal ring and potentially central heterochromia is more important than a color overrall, might make a thread about that.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29155, Deleted member 25938, cabbage and 14 others
Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

• Hmm...
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
Facts

• +1
Reactions: MoggerChad and HarrierDuBois
Cope

All eyes look lighter in some lights (unless Asian tier t60 eyes) that’s why dark blue >> light brown

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Bitchwhipper2, Deleted member 14693, AscendingHero and 4 others

Where he talks about why light eyes are considered so much more attractive. Upon seeing the video I see a comment that states the following:

"blue eyes allow for a visible pupil. being able to see the dilation of the pupil allows for better intention reading and therefore faster trust building. Blue eyes look more trustworthy. light skin creates higher facial feature contrast and makes expression reading easier. facial feature beuty is bound to functionality. a broad flat nose is less effective on a short snout like humans have, so a prominent slim nose is seen as attractive. women have proportionaly larger eyes and less blocky faces, this make reading emotions easier. this reduces the benefit of blue eyes."

This gives us a whole lot of interesting theories we can expand on but I want to stick mainly to the part of pupil visibility because I think it has not been discussed on here before. This theory explains a lot. Firstly it explains why both white people and light eyes of any color are considered more attractive. It also explains why european features are considered more attractive. The comment explains as well why females often pull off darker eyes and skintones compared to men.

Since it explains the reason light eyes with pupil visibility look trustworthy, I then thought that this can be reversed back to if dark eyes with no pupil visibility look more low trust. I quickly realized that it does. Since the opposite feature has the opposite results I would say it strengthens the thesis as a whole. This is for example why Richard Ramirez descends with light eyes, because he looks higher trust and his dark triad halo gets somewhat weaker.

View attachment 1925272
I want to say of course eyecolor still matters but my thesis is that the pupil visibility is what matters more than just the color. This is where my theory goes a bit unconventional compared to what is mostly believed on here. Following my theory for example T10 and T07 is preferable to C40 and D20 since they are lighter and have better pupil visibility. Conventionally speaking following the "blue > green > hazel > brown" theory C40 and D20 mogs T10 and T07 because they are green and blue instead of brown, I disagree. The only crucial part here is pupil visibility, color doesn't really matter that much.

TL;DR: Pupil visibility of the iris is more important than the color itself. This is because a visible pupil allows for better intention reading and faster trust building. For example light eyes of any color mogs dark eyes of any color except for when you want to look as low trust as possible, then the opposite holds true. Light blues, light greens, light browns, light hazels, and ambers mogs dark blues, dark greens, dark browns, and dark hazels. This is not exactly about the color itself but rather the pupil visibility and this is an attempt of explaining why pupil visibility is the psychological secret behind beautiful eyecolors instead of a color as a whole.

Also when it comes to colors itself I think the vibrancy as well as limbal ring and potentially central heterochromia is more important than a color overrall, might make a thread about that.

Iridial contrast fucking important. Visible limbal rings and pupils. Light brown > dark blue.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29155, AscendingHero, HarrierDuBois and 1 other person
FINALLY, an actually good theory I haven't heard before

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Mewton, EdouardManlet, MoggerChad and 5 others
Cope

All eyes look lighter in some lights (unless Asian tier t60 eyes) that’s why dark blue >> light brown
"In some lights" yeah what do you think happens 90% of the time with dark blue eyes then? No pupil visibility...

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19620
"In some lights" yeah what do you think happens 90% of the time with dark blue eyes then? No pupil visibility...
I was talking about pics…. Still visible when talking to them irl
Just not visible in pics

Light eyes look more intimidating feline snd cold than warn dark eyes

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero, HarrierDuBois and sub5inchcel
I was talking about pics…. Still visible when talking to them irl
Just not visible in pics
I don't know man. I've still seen girls compliment light brown/amber eyes, not so very much for murky blue and green eyes.

• +1
Light eyes look more intimidating feline snd cold than warn dark eyes
Yeah the cold/warm aspect of eyecolors is an interesting subject for a persons coloring as a whole.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19620 and StrangerDanger
what is this retardation

light eyes are just better because they give contrast to other features. Thats why dark hair light eyes is the best coloring.

Cope

Light eyes mog, color is almost entirely irrelevant. Rare is better, but what matters in having striking eyes is contrast, not color.

Any light eye color mogs any dark eye color every day in all lighting

• +1

View attachment 1925272

Can i use this in my sociology class seminar

I can legit name you as a source

• Love it
  • +1
Lighter features equals the ability to detect flaws and halos. With white skin you can see more clearly whether or not someone has terrible skin quality to say a dark skinned person. This has it's benefits with dark skin camouflaging bad features however this also does the same with your good features as well. This phenomenon is inverse as the lighter the skin the higher the rate of detecting your features and this time if you have good features it is advertised more readily. How is this relevant? This ties to the theory that lighter features are more ideal in most cases for noticing certain genetic cues that may be of benefit. Of course now that doesn't mean that every feature has to be light however there is a strong argument to be made that light features have a massive benefit in a setting of sexual competition.

• +1
Fr i look better when I'm on speed or mushrooms

• JFL
Cope thread. Stopped reading a few sentences in.

Do you have some studies on this subject i need it For my seminar (yes your post)
I would be honored if you wanted to use my post for your sociology class. I do not however have any studies on the subject as this is a theory. There could be research already made that talks about these things but I did not research it. If you find research that backs up my claims be sure to lemme know.

Last edited:
  • +1
Light eyes mog, color is almost entirely irrelevant. Rare is better, but what matters in having striking eyes is contrast, not color.

Any light eye color mogs any dark eye color every day in all lighting
Light brown eyes are very common and look meh

No one compliments them or cares about them

Blue/green mog hard even if dark (as long as not too dark to look black)

Light brown eyes are very common and look meh

No one compliments them or cares about them

Blue/green mog hard even if dark (as long as not too dark to look black)
Where I am from dark blues and greens are irrelevant but light browns, specifically ambers (golden/yellowish tint) are complimented.

Where I am from dark blues and greens are irrelevant but light browns, specifically ambers (golden/yellowish tint) are complimented.
Where ?
Light brown are extremely common

• +1
Reactions: priyanshu majhi
What about limbal ring? Sometimes I see people with light eyes and literally no limbal ring. It seems so off and ugly to the point I don't want to look at them in the eye.

• +1
Where ?
Light brown are extremely common
Scandinavia. From my experience light eyes are haloed but there is a decent exotic niche halo for amber & brown. There is no halo for murky blue/green/hazels.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22126, Deleted member 19620 and Deleted member 7580
What about limbal ring? Sometimes I see people with light eyes and literally no limbal ring. It seems so off and ugly to the point I don't want to look at them in the eye.
Limbal rings are arguably the most important part of the eyecolor for its attractiveness. That is a different subject however. I could make a thread on it if you'd like.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19620 and lepo2317
Scandinavia. From my experience light eyes are haloed but there is a decent exotic niche halo for amber & brown. There is no halo for murky blue/green/hazels.
Makes sense but light brown eyes are just very common everywhere else

• +1
Makes sense but light brown eyes are just very common everywhere else
Yeah tbh I can only speak from my own experience. I don't doubt blues and greens no matter how bleak are still desired in ethnic countries but where I am lightest blues & greens as well as amber & light brown mogs hardest in desirability.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19620 and Deleted member 7580
Yeah tbh I can only speak from my own experience. I don't doubt blues and greens no matter how bleak are still desired in ethnic countries but where I am lightest blues & greens as well as amber & light brown mogs hardest in desirability.
Most white people in Canada have brown eyes (usually light) so it doesn’t halo at all

I have brown eyes and I see guys with dark blue eyes getting complimented by girl (usually white girls) bcz blue is just not a common eye color here

• +1
Limbal rings are arguably the most important part of the eyecolor for its attractiveness. That is a different subject however. I could make a thread on it if you'd like.
Nah, I don't need it. I just know the darker the limbal rings, the more beautiful eyes are, atleast for me.

• +1
Most white people in Canada have brown eyes (usually light) so it doesn’t halo at all

I have brown eyes and I see guys with dark blue eyes getting complimented by girl (usually white girls) bcz blue is just not a common eye color here
Seems to me coloring is one of the few things surrounding looks that are subjective in the sense that they are based on the whole "grass is greener on the other side" thing. Light countries prefer a bit more dark feautures and dark countries prefer a bit more light features. Globally light features are rarer which is why they are at an advantage, If 90% of the world population were nordic white with blue eyes then tan and brown eyes would be seen as desirable most likely, however this is just a hypothetical since we do not live in that predicament.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19620 and Deleted member 7580
Nah, I don't need it. I just know the darker the limbal rings, the more beautiful eyes are, atleast for me.
Agreed, limbal rings can make or break your eyecolor. Limbal rings also helps a lot with the vibrancy which is very important as well.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19620 and lepo2317
  • +1
Reactions: AscendingHero and HarrierDuBois
over for my t50 eyes

• Hmm...
  • +1
Water tbh, limbal ring prominence >> Eye color. I'd choose light brown with good luminance over dark blue or dark green.

• +1
OIP.1js2cmGCIIaiuS96rBvpMAHaFj

most brown eyed ppl have this

R.12de25486d3edcd53861342d7a7e519d

this colour is rarer
No , light brown eyes like second pic are very common
Dark brown is rarer on white people

Water tbh, limbal ring prominence >> Eye color. I'd choose light brown with good luminance over dark blue or dark green.
Fully agreed. However this thread wasn't specifically talking about limbal rings, eyecolors, or vibrancy, but rather focused specifically on pupil visibility and the result of it. I could make a thread discussing the different things that makes an eyecolor attractive if you want.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19620 and Biiyo03
No , light brown eyes like second pic are very common
Dark brown is rarer on white people
blue eyes are also very common on nordic
light brown is south euro area
dark brown is ethnic

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois and Deleted member 7580
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ropeful for browneyecels

• So Sad
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Ropeful for browneyecels
You can lowtrustmaxx with it tho.

• +1
yep yep over for A60 cels like myself

• So Sad
mogs my thread brutally jfl

• JFL
22425.jpg

• Love it