Question about PFL

thecel

thecel

morph king
If the average human eyeball transverse diameter is 24.2mm, how can someone's palpebral fissure length be much longer like ~32mm?

This makes no sense to me. If you have average-sized (~24mm) eyeballs, at most ~22mm of the eyeball can be exposed — plus a 2- or 3mm tear duct, that's a PFL of ~25mm at the max. How gigantic must one's eyeballs be in order to have a 35mm PFL (as some users on this forum claim to have)?

Attachments

• Palpebral-fissure-length-To-measure-palpebral-fissure-length-identify-the-inner-corner.png
    Palpebral-fissure-length-To-measure-palpebral-fissure-length-identify-the-inner-corner.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 74
  • 4449_55_93-head-eye-position.jpg
    4449_55_93-head-eye-position.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lookologist003 and StrangerDanger
bro, you should not have skipped those math classes :feelshaha:

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: bugeye, Need2Ascend, Deleted member 6785 and 6 others
bro, you should not have skipped those math classes :feelshaha:

Bro, how can someone have a 35mm PFL without having either giant eyeballs or a gigalong tear duct?

Last edited:
medial canthus adds and tissue around affects the length

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: thecel, Lolcel, 000 and 2 others
true PFL is hard to measure, nearly impossible

those in those studies is inter canthal distance

• Hmm...
Reactions: thecel
medial canthus adds and tissue around affects the length

Yeah medial canthus (what I previously referred to as the tear duct) adds length, but only a few millimeters. Surrounding tissue is not part of the palpebral fissure though

What I don't understand is how damn big your eyeball needs to be to have a PFL like this:

Article Eyelids  Examination tdD

28–30mm isn't even that large of a PFL measurement, but you gotta be far above average in eyeball size to have that.

Last edited:
all eyeball sizes are the same, what usually makes a high pfl is the medial canthus and how wide the orbitals are. Skin surrounding the eye is also a factor

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Lookologist003, thecel and Lolcel
all eyeball sizes are the same, what usually makes a high pfl is the medial canthus and how wide the orbitals are. Skin surrounding the eye is also a factor

Skin surrounding the eye isn't included in the palpebral fissure

Skin surrounding the eye isn't included in the palpebral fissure
it does, some have more skin around the eyes and some have less

It’s orbital bones
Everyone has the same eyeball shape
But everyone has a different orbital bone length because of genes

it does, some have more skin around the eyes and some have less

By definition, the palpebral fissure is only the eye opening. PFL is from the medial canthus to the lateral canthus. Any skin folds beyond the lateral canthus aren't part of the PF.

I have a laughably short PFL of 24mm. If I were to incorrectly measure my PFL including skin around the eyes, my PFL would be 33mm. And my subhuman ass definitely doesn't have a 33mm PFL.
It’s orbital bones
Everyone has the same eyeball shape
But everyone has a different orbital bone length because of genes

Based on the average male iris diameter of 12mm, Sean O'Pry's PFL is 29.6mm. Just the exposed length of the eyeball itself is 25mm, which is already wider than the average eyeball diameter. Sean O'Pry probably has eyeballs that are 28–30mm wide, unless there's some gangsta math here that I'm not understanding.

Attachments

• eyebrows.jpg
    eyebrows.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I dont know the answer but my pfl is almost 4 cm so yes it is posible

• JFL
Reactions: onfiresems, thecel and Gunna
By definition, the palpebral fissure is only the eye opening. PFL is from the medial canthus to the lateral canthus. Any skin folds beyond the lateral canthus aren't part of the PF.

I have a laughably short PFL of 24mm. If I were to incorrectly measure my PFL including skin around the eyes, my PFL would be 33mm. And my subhuman ass definitely doesn't have a 33mm PFL.
no i mean the skin on top of your eyes has an affect on the eye opening

width too

Yeah I guess, cus Asians got small eyes with those epicanthic folds and fat deposits.

But still, how can someone have a 35mm PFL with normal-sized eyeballs? Their medial canthus must be long af or they measured wrong

Yeah I guess, cus Asians got small eyes with those epicanthic folds and fat deposits.

But still, how can someone have a 35mm PFL with normal-sized eyeballs? Their medial canthus must be long af or they measured wrong
my pfl is 35mm and my eye area is on my avi, its due to medial canthus, skin surrounding the eye laterally, and how wide the orbitals are

my pfl is 35mm and my eye area is on my avi, its due to medial canthus, skin surrounding the eye laterally, and how wide the orbitals are

PFL

So you're saying this is 35mm wide

Most people claiming really high measurements (like 35 mm almost) are either retarded or larping

Most models, who have larger skulls, tend to have parebral fissure length values within the normal range (only a deviation or so from average) even including alien models like O Pry and Barrett

The only person I've seen here with an abnormally large eye width is @Short Ugly and Brown , too bad he's an autistic, broke manlet (btw nate u get mogged by arab)

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Need2Ascend, Lolcel, Short Ugly and Brown and 1 other person
Me about 34,35 MM or about 31,I dont know ,I have to purchase a vernier caliper to make exactly measurements,and I m planning ți have canthopexy combined with inf bleph to elongate the eye shape.
Anda last adnotation here ,purchase yourself a caliper and make live measurements on yourself ,not pics

Last edited:
  • +1
doesn't even look as wide as gandy's

• +1
those in those studies is inter canthal distance
Which studies are you talking about? The pics in the OP show the measurement of the PFL, not the intercanthal distance.

The intercanthal distance (ICD) is the distance between the medial canthi of the eyes.

PJMS 35 50 g001

• +1
Isn’t the width of your eyes heavily correlated with the width of your orbitals? Maybe their eyes are just bigger

My iris diameter is 12.8mm its hard to me find contact lenses jfl

• +1
Pfl is not solely based on eyeball
The medial and lateral canthus entend even further

• Hmm...
The medial and lateral canthus extend even further

• Hmm...
The medial and lateral canthus entend even further

I don't see how that extension is enough to make a 35mm PFL with a 24mm eyeball. No one has an 11 mm medial canthus. And you also gotta take into account that the eye opening doesn't go across the whole diameter of the eyeball. So the medial canthus would need to be ~15 mm jfl

@TheEndHasNoEnd has a PFL of 35 mm. Based on this pic, his eyeball is AT LEAST 30 mm wide, which makes no sense:

pfl-2-png.452343

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Lolcel
Reposted by accident

• +1
  • JFL
Just remembering the worst pfl on this forum is maesthetic with 25 pfl

• Woah
Reactions: thecel and Lolcel
I have to say, I find your insistence on fractional parts of a mm humorous. When I did my facial measurements, I rounded to nearest mm. The precision does matter, but when we can't even agree on what FWHR means (there are many styles of measurements comparing lengths between different features), there's no wherewithal for clear communication.

How gigantic must one's eyeballs be in order to have a 35mm PFL (as some users on this forum claim to have)?
Let's be honest, It's mostly likely an error in measurement or a lie. Sort of like how I claim my penis is 12"

If we assume that all human eyeballs are 25mm in diameter and perfectly spherical, then any PFL that is greater than the assumed diameter of 25mm will have created a fissure seeing to the the extrinsic muscles of the eyes (the reds of the eye seen in the medial cathni) or supposedly the periobital fat beyond the muscles, I'm aware the eyelids aren't in alignment with the eyes perfectly. See the diagram bellow for the effects of a PFL that is larger than the eyeball diameter, ie where PFL / eyeball diameter is greater than or less than one. In your case, thecel, you probably know your PFL/ eyeball diameter is less than one, owing to your very short PFL, not big eyeballs.

One thing to wonder is, how do we even know how big an eyeball is really? I'm citing a figure from a 2012 anatomical textbook I have, it states that "it [the eyeball] is almost spherical in shape and about 2.5 cm in diameter". I infer their use of the word "about" means the average human eyeball's diameter is 2.5 cm, but the average of WHAT group of humans? All humans? All white men, Indians, Africans? Women? There was no citation next to this assertion. This could have been measurements from the Pygmy tribe taken by some sickly and evil, torturous colonial-age doctor for all I know. (Although the measurements I took of my face from photographs and the rate of eyeball size in px against 25mm I checked using calipers physically and they were in concordance: which means that my eyeballs in particular are 25mm in diameter. My PFL is 27mm)

Another statement that's made in that same textbook is that the eyeball is the only organ that is fully developed from birth. This seems self evident now we all have pictures of ourselves as children to adults.

Does a group of Chads have bigger eyeballs than a group of subhumans? It's possible! Three Chads with big eyeballs included in the group with twenty-five subhumans with small eyeballs might have produced this 24.2 or 25mm average measure. We will never know the answer. But the average measure and range of group is crucial in producing estimates of other facial measurements from photographs, like how you assumed the rate of 94px / 24.2mm for solving TheEndHasNoEnd's PFL. (Say if white men have an average eyeball diameter of 30mm and TheEndHasNoEnd was white, ie part of this group, then the more accurate rate to use would be 94px / 30mm)

Diagram

We need Looksmax field researchers to produce original anatomical measurements based on new classification of PSL score. Thinking about this racks my brain. No wonder statistics are so easily confused. So easily confused, yet so direly important that to think you know anything without them is retarded. It is literally too abstract for many people

Maybe I'm being too incredulous. Never trust anything in this world of bluepills!

Last edited:
  • Love it