question for gymcels from newbie

Hozay

Hozay

True Chadlite
can you still build muscle if some of your calories is junk food like fast food for example? and you're still hitting protien target?

Yea food quality doesn't matter alot tbh, just get ur macros in, but veggies and whole food make me feel better

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 9090, Deleted member 7753, joeveniro and 4 others
can you still build muscle if some of your calories is junk food like fast food for example? and you're still hitting protien target?
Yes you can 100%. The body doesn't care.
I built most of my physique on pure junk food lol.

• Love it
  • +1
Reactions: Kmscurry and Hozay
  • +1
Reactions: johncruz12345 and Loud_Jock
1. Protein
2. Calories

Only things that matter the rest is just for health

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Baldingman1998 and Hozay
lifefuel, can still eat burgers and build muscle.
Burgers with fries was a staple of mine when i wanted to get larger. Eventually this kind of diet will make even a tall lanklet fat but i got a good couple of years in before i had to actually think about what i was eating.

• +1
Reactions: Hozay
1. Protein
2. Calories

Only things that matter the rest is just for health
Looks= health. You should eat healthy protein and food in general to look better not just for gymcelling

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090 and SubhumanCurrycel
never skip leg day

• +1
Carbs are carbs, protein is protein, fat is fat

Just make sure you consume enough protein and not too much fat

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Baldingman1998, Hozay and SubhumanCurrycel
Carbs are carbs, protein is protein, fat is fat

Just make sure you consume enough protein and not too much fat
how much is too much fat? what happens if u consume too much?

You need all 3 macros. If you don't eat carbs you will have no energy to train. And you need protein for muscles and a 1000 other functions in the body along with fats. Also food quality matters ALOT

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 9090 and Ocelot
I'd say 40g of fat is reasonable if mcdonalds is your diet. If you go over your TDEE, you gain weight. Some of its muscle, some of its fat. If you go too much over your TDEE then you get a lot of fat

You need all 3 macros. If you don't eat carbs you will have no energy to train. And you need protein for muscles and a 1000 other functions in the body along with fats. Also food quality matters ALOT
i keep thinking you're mike thurston writing this jfl

• JFL
Reactions: Baldingman1998
Protein and calories are most important when building muscle. Eating junk food usually means you are eating more calories, so it would actually be beneficial for building muscle considering you’re hitting your protein diet.

Food quality only affects health, it means jack shit for weight loss/gain if you’re hitting your calorie and macro targets.

TL;DR
Yes

• Love it
Protein and calories are most important when building muscle. Eating junk food usually means you are eating more calories, so it would actually be beneficial for building muscle considering you’re hitting your protein diet.

Food quality only affects health, it means jack shit for weight loss/gain if you’re hitting your calorie and macro targets.
Health = skin = looks

Lowkey trying to get banned
wait was that a pic of you?

giphy.gif

you need to do hip thrusts ngl

giphy.gif

mods rn
Yh I'm currently 20% bf but didn't lift for 5 months so it's decent but not as good as I was

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot and Hozay
if this is 20% I am helmut strebl-tier body fat
I'm only fat in my stomach and hips I might be 20-25% but I store fat no where Else

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
I'm only fat in my stomach and hips I might be 20-25% but I store fat no where Else
same tbh, makes it harder to lean down and get abs, but my friends think I'm shredded af just because I have good arm veins jfl

• +1
Reactions: Baldingman1998
Also I was purposely leaning forward to make my stomach look bigger
if this is 20% I am helmut strebl-tier body fat

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot