Questions about surgical orthodontics for Bimax

L

lilhorizontal32

Equinox
have a few questions as I am unsure if I want BSSO only or a full Bimax as my upper jaw is already in a good place and I have an aesthetic concave philtrum

1. are surgical orthodontics any different for either?
2. up until how long prior to the surgery do I have to decide which surgery to do?
3. what factors influence the way surgical orthodontics are done? as in, is pre-surgery ortho different if the movements are different, depending on the surgeon's preferences, depending on the jaw surgery type itself etc.

• +1
Reactions: Gaia262
just go to a good surgeon and you dont have to worry about those things

just go to a good surgeon and you dont have to worry about those things
thats not the problem. I want to know how long I have until I have to decide between BSSO vs Bimax

• JFL
Reactions: subhuman incel
thats not the problem. I want to know how long I have until I have to decide between BSSO vs Bimax
your surgeon will know if your surgeon is good, dont worry about it

your surgeon will know if your surgeon is good, dont worry about it
I dont know how good his eye is for aesthetics, and often surgeons push for Bimax to make more money, when I'm not sure I need it

• JFL
Reactions: subhuman incel
have a few questions as I am unsure if I want BSSO only or a full Bimax as my upper jaw is already in a good place and I have an aesthetic concave philtrum

1. are surgical orthodontics any different for either?
2. up until how long prior to the surgery do I have to decide which surgery to do?
3. what factors influence the way surgical orthodontics are done? as in, is pre-surgery ortho different if the movements are different, depending on the surgeon's preferences, depending on the jaw surgery type itself etc.

If you have a good bite already and want a bsso you will have to undergo decompensation orthodontics.

They will extract the lower wisdom teeth and lower 2 premolars. Then retract to create an overjet.

How big the overjet is basically how.bif your bsso is.

It will take roughly a year.

• +1
Reactions: Lorsss, Deleted member 4430 and lilhorizontal32
If you have a good bite already and want a bsso you will have to undergo decompensation orthodontics.

They will extract the lower wisdom teeth and lower 2 premolars. Then retract to create an overjet.

How big the overjet is basically how.bif your bsso is.

It will take roughly a year.
can I still decide if I want a bimax or BSSO just prior to the surgery or does it have to be done before starting orthodontics?

can I still decide if I want a bimax or BSSO just prior to the surgery or does it have to be done before starting orthodontics?

Tbh it depends, I can't give a straight answer. It best you speak to your surgeon and he will give you options.

• +1
Reactions: lilhorizontal32