Quick way to tell if your jaw is too far back

TaCopineEstMoche

TaCopineEstMoche

Banned
1) Put your finger in your ear
2) Open and close your jaw repeatedly.

Do you feel the jaw joint moving in your ear to a high degree? Your jaw is retruded. Try jutting your lower jaw forward artificially, and open and close like before. You feel it way less in your ear right? That's where your jaw should be - forward to the point where you stop feeling that movement in your ear.

My finger's moving, does it mean I have a retruded mandible?

yes....if you move your lower jaw forward and open & close as before, does the movement in your ear stop?
Yes, it does :feelsmega:
Maxilla is fine though. Makes the chin look very recessed
What is the reasoning behind this?

Do you feel the jaw joint moving in your ear to a high degree? Your jaw is retruded. Try jutting your lower jaw forward artificially, and open and close like before. You feel it way less in your ear right? That's where your jaw should be - forward to the point where you stop feeling that movement in your ear.
How does one fix a jaw that is far too back? Jaw angle implants?
How does it make yours look recessed?? It makes mine look ridiculous, like I have a serious underbite.

Attachments

• IMG_20181118_223704~2.jpg
    IMG_20181118_223704~2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 247

Lefort I

I dunno though, there's probably a few options. I have a bit of an overbite (top teeth forward of bottom teeth) and that's why my lower jaw is retruded. I read somewhere that when you have an overbite, it stops the lower jaw from developing forward as much.

I believe this can all be fixed very quickly with jaw surgery, but that's something I want to avoid. Right now I have my hopes pinned on this FAGGA appliance the validity of which seems up in the air at the minute - but if that does what it's supposed to do, then you get a good 10mm forward growth of the maxilla, and then mandible swings forward to catch up.

However I think I'm also a very good candidate for jaw surgery, given that I have TMJ. I get loads of clicks and pops from my jaw, and every now and then (usually after chewing something tough), my jaw "locks" in that I can't open it without forcing it open along with this horrible popping sensation which feels like bone rubbing against bone. I always panic because I think it's going to stay like that this time, but it seems to go away after a few minutes. I'd love to get that fixed before it gets worse. Plus my side profile improves immensely when I jut my lower jaw into its correct position.

I don't know exactly what the reasoning is (I'm no biology expert) but I did read that it's a good sign that your jaw is recessed.

Lefort I

I dunno though, there's probably a few options. I have a bit of an overbite (top teeth forward of bottom teeth) and that's why my lower jaw is retruded. I read somewhere that when you have an overbite, it stops the lower jaw from developing forward as much.

I believe this can all be fixed very quickly with jaw surgery, but that's something I want to avoid. Right now I have my hopes pinned on this FAGGA appliance the validity of which seems up in the air at the minute - but if that does what it's supposed to do, then you get a good 10mm forward growth of the maxilla, and then mandible swings forward to catch up.

However I think I'm also a very good candidate for jaw surgery, given that I have TMJ. I get loads of clicks and pops from my jaw, and every now and then (usually after chewing something tough), my jaw "locks" in that I can't open it without forcing it open along with this horrible popping sensation which feels like bone rubbing against bone. I always panic because I think it's going to stay like that this time, but it seems to go away after a few minutes. I'd love to get that fixed before it gets worse. Plus my side profile improves immensely when I jut my lower jaw into its correct position.
Should I send you my pics? Then maybe you can tell me if my jaw is fucked?

Should I send you my pics? Then maybe you can tell me if my jaw is fucked?

LOL I am absolutely useless at analyzing pics though. Half the time when people are pointing out characteristics of faces (maxilla position, orbital support etc) I have no idea what they're pointing out.

Here's another test, for the maxilla this time. Check your naso-labial angle. If it's much higher than 90 degrees then this is a good sign that the maxilla is underdeveloped.

LOL I am absolutely useless at analyzing pics though. Half the time when people are pointing out characteristics of faces (maxilla position, orbital support etc) I have no idea what they're pointing out.

Here's another test, for the maxilla this time. Check your naso-labial angle. If it's much higher than 90 degrees then this is a good sign that the maxilla is underdeveloped.
Hmmm, it looks around 90, tbh.

• +1
Reactions: TaCopineEstMoche

How does it make yours look recessed?? It makes mine look ridiculous, like I have a serious underbite.
It's just way more developed, makes the chin appear too far back when it reality it's well developed
Think of a full chin that's developed, has that round prominent shape but is pushed all the way backwards.

It's just way more developed, makes the chin appear too far back when it reality it's well developed
Think of a full chin that's developed, has that round prominent shape but is pushed all the way backwards.
Dude, my forehead and chin are already out of line, if my chin moves any further it will be a catastrophe.

Dude, my forehead and chin are already out of line, if my chin moves any further it will be a catastrophe.
You have the chaddiest chin in the entire incelosphere

Mine moves very slightly next to none, very slightly what does that mean, a very small chin recessed wise?

Thanks now i have this offically confirmed.

Mine moves very slightly next to none, very slightly what does that mean, a very small chin recessed wise?
The more movement you feel, the more recessed.

Bruh I had a 10 mm overbite ripped back by braces my growth is so fucked

Happy9

All this accomplished was me getting microscopic dry Asian ear wax on my index finger.

my overbite makes my jaw JUST in front of my ear, but ideal is when theres a gap inbetween the ear and bone, jaw jutting can achieve this if you arn't subhuman