Rate skincare routine

Which spf would you recommend? Yeah I'm white

Care to explain?

Dark spots, acne scars, collagen production and texture, skin hydration, eye bags
my derm told me specifically not to take any other retinoids while on accutane just because it can really dry your skin which isn’t good for acne (so just ask your derm for their opinion ngl)

also in your 3rd reply, why take accutane for just scarring? just do micro needling, laser genesis, tretinoin, and/or a deep chemical peel. all will increase collagen + way better for you and sustainable (you can do it for the rest of your life).

• +1
Reactions: garoupilled_
Which spf would you recommend? Yeah I'm white
Yeah sunscreen is law for you, if you’re POC I would’ve ignored

La Roche Posay has good mineral SPF, but always check ingredients.

• +1
my derm told me specifically not to take any other retinoids while on accutane just because it can really dry your skin which isn’t good for acne (so just ask your derm for their opinion ngl)

also in your 3rd reply, why take accutane for just scarring? just do micro needling, laser genesis, tretinoin, and/or a deep chemical peel. all will increase collagen + way better for you and sustainable (you can do it for the rest of your life).
Your dermatologist is correct, it’ll over-dry your skin and this isn’t what you want. My dumbass accidentally applied tret on the mouth area and now I’m struggling with dryness. It’ll definitely go away with Vaseline + moisturiser, it’s just annoying to deal with. Apart from that, accutane has shown some evidence of closing growth plates early; if you’re not worried about it, take it, but moderately

• +1
AM:

Cleanser with squalane, panthenol and niacinamide

Serum with 5% niacinamide, 4% glycolic acid, 3% tranexamic acid, 2% salicylic acid (3,5-4 PH)

Matrixyl peptides (5-6 PH)

Serum with 5% caffeine, 3% tranexamic acid, 0,5% ferulic acid (aimed mostly for eyebags) - 5 to 6 PH

Serum with 2% hyaluronic acid and 1% vit B5 (5-6 PH)

Madecassoside 0.2% cream as moisturizer

PM:

Cleanser with squalane, panthenol and niacinamide

Serum with 2% alpha arbutin, 10% gluconolactone (3,5-4 PH)

Serum with 10% lactic acid, 5% kojic acid (4-5 PH)

Serum with 10% vitamin C, 0,5% ferulic acid (6-7 PH)

0.3% Retinol with phytoceramides

Madecassoside 0.2% cream as moisturizer

-------------

Lips: moisturizer with hyaluronic acid, squalane, vit E and shea butter, volufiline

Thoughts?
u should brush ur lips instead then apply Vaseline after and a hyalronuic acid moisturizer

• +1
based australian gps will give you a prescription for anything if you just ask

My major concern is having too much aha/bhas together with the retinol and vit c. What do you think?
use tretinoin daily and then use bha or aha like here and there. Thats what I do, but I use the red ordinary aha bha mask like once a week and skip tretinoin that day. I also use azelaic acid in mornings which is the best product ever made for acne and PIH

• +1