Rate this song

Vermilioncore

Vermilioncore

I don’t like who I am

It’s a song from an album based on the book The Pilgrims progress. In this song, the protagonist finds himself faced with the beast and he can either run or fight and he’s trying to decide how to go about it.

Allegory for the goodness of his heart facing the decision of sin and evil and his body wants to engage but his soul says to run.

“it might tear me apart. If I see what’s inside my heart.”

@n9wiff @LancasteR @Lefty Rankin @manletmachinestream @scrunchables

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: scrunchables, manletmachinestream, Lefty Rankin and 3 others
  • +1
Reactions: scrunchables and Vermilioncore
Yeah it played in the background while I wrote
But why do abrupt change of tone in the latter half of the song?
Because it’s about Martin luther going against the church because they were being evil. He’s “by scripture alone” thus the album name “sola scriptura” so it’s a crazy and kinda controversial album

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: scrunchables, isis_Bleach and LancasteR
  • +1
Reactions: isis_Bleach
ass song tbh ngl if u want acoustic interludes with some medieval theme and switchup listen to dissection, its blackened melodic death metal

ass song tbh ngl if u want acoustic interludes with some medieval theme and switchup listen to dissection, its blackened melodic death metal

I already listen to death metal but those songs aren’t to my liking. They sound like my asshole after Taco Bell. I am more of a doom death death person. Bell witch etc

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: scrunchables, isis_Bleach and dbva
I already listen to death metal but those songs aren’t to my liking. They sound like my asshole after Taco Bell. I am more of a doom death death person. Bell witch etc
i know some super slow funeral doom bands but thats pretty much the only doom i know lol, cool tho

• +1
Reactions: Vermilioncore
i know some super slow funeral doom bands but thats pretty much the only doom i know lol, cool tho
Oh yeah funeral doom is good 👍🏻

• +1
Reactions: scrunchables, isis_Bleach and dbva

oh shit, someone mentioned metal. time for me to come in an wave my tiny metal dick around. this is not death metal or even melodic death metal which is arguably not actually death metal most of the time. it's melodic black metal. you're probably thinking of their last album Reinkaos which does fit that description but it's a different style than the preceding albums

for a melodeath song with a dope acoustic interlude, see:

this song has a nice medieval sounding interlude followed by a great climatic guitar solo:

i listened to that album while walking around the grounds of Versailles. it was great

• Woah
Reactions: dbva
Ltn

• JFL
Poetry = cope

• +1
oh shit, someone mentioned metal. time for me to come in an wave my tiny metal dick around. this is not death metal or even melodic death metal which is arguably not actually death metal most of the time. it's melodic black metal. you're probably thinking of their last album Reinkaos which does fit that description but it's a different style than the preceding albums

for a melodeath song with a dope acoustic interlude, see:

this song has a nice medieval sounding interlude followed by a great climatic guitar solo:

i listened to that album while walking around the grounds of Versailles. it was great

dissection is a lot of things, i just think its melodic black/death metal or whatever, its an unique band, and talking about reinkaos look what i copped jfl

It’s a song from an album based on the book The Pilgrims progress. In this song, the protagonist finds himself faced with the beast and he can either run or fight and he’s trying to decide how to go about it.

Allegory for the goodness of his heart facing the decision of sin and evil and his body wants to engage but his soul says to run.

“it might tear me apart. If I see what’s inside my heart.”

@n9wiff @LancasteR @Lefty Rankin @manletmachinestream @scrunchables

It's nice.

dissection is a lot of things, i just think its melodic black/death metal or whatever, its an unique band, and talking about reinkaos look what i copped jfl

View attachment 3258892
Nice. You should check out Lunar Shadow. They are like Dissection if they played power/trad metal.

• +1
Reactions: dbva