Ready to Kick My Son Out of the House

M

muslim.

Muslim
I have four children. One of those children is causing me problems. He lacks good character.

I expect my children to pray five times a day and to perform other religious duties, do chores around the home, and get perfect scores in school. However, something very wrong has happened in our home.

The child in question got a B+ grade in English. I am so ashamed of him. I asked him why he brought dishonor to our family.

He insisted this will never happen again and he is very sorry. We moved to an English-speaking country for just over a year now. What can be his excuse?

I do not know English well but he is in school learning, so there should be zero excuses.

I think he is lazy. How can a boy of good character allow such a thing to happen? All my children have brought home perfect scores in school until this boy got lazy.

My other three children got an A grade in English. They have never done English in school before yet they did what I expected.

This boy is testing my patience. I decided he should study four hours a night doing the math.

However, I find he does not sit straight when doing his work and seems to rest his head on his elbow at times.

To correct this problem I went to see a psychologist and a doctor. For some reason, we were unable to determine any problem. I am puzzled.

I have been most upset with this situation and have asked him to double his prayers, do his brothers’ and sisters’ chores, and study fours a night every day of the week until he corrects his math marks.

has cried about this and says he is trying so hard to please his family and that he made a mistake.

I feel he is trying to get away with this dishonor he has brought upon us. I feel not only is he lazy but may be manipulative.

What can I do to correct this boy's behavior? I am ready to kick him out of the home.

• JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: thorns and nathan
Copy and Paste, btw.

• So Sad
Reactions: thorns